Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83985 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #630 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:40:03 »

Absolutely gutted

And this. Obviously we don't know all the circumstances, but it has ramifications for Paolo if results start to go against us.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:41:48 »

fuck it. Hey ho, can't do anything about it I suppose.

2 games against average opposition is hardly conclusive. Suspect we will bring in a new RB.

Not conclusive but we've not had a shocker of a start to the season. Like you say, nothing we can do about it so there's no point crying over spilt milk. Hopefully there is a new RB lined up to come in.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #632 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:43:15 »

And this. Obviously we don't know all the circumstances, but it has ramifications for Paolo if results start to go against us.
I think Wray has made the expectations of PdC very clear regardless of who is playing for us and who isn't. He's indulged him and Pdc has come up trumps. While results go for us PdC can do what the fuck he wants and any player who fucks him off, whether the reason is legitimate or otherwise is fucked.
Barry Scott

« Reply #633 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:43:31 »

I now just hope we can get a fee or I'll feel a little bit disillusioned for a few minutes.

I think Wray has made the expectations of PdC very clear regardless of who is playing for us and who isn't. He's indulged him and Pdc has come up trumps. While results go for us PdC can do what the fuck he wants and any player who fucks him off, whether the reason is legitimate or otherwise is fucked.

I'm behind him, I just wonder if after a few defeats, without Caddis, or at least another player almost as good, I think some sections of fans will have a little less tolerance.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:45:15 »

Surely hibs can't afford the money we would be expecting for him? Loan?

Never knowingly overstated.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:45:48 »

Really hope this doesn't rock the boat too much. And we get a decent fee for Caddis, we can't run the club under a business model where our best players can leave on frees if they fall out with the management...

joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:47:03 »

The Advertiser understands Paul Caddis has been told he can leave #stfc. Hibernian believed to be interested in taking him back to Scotland

Sam just posted this.

So I wonder if he's been told he can leatve because he's requested to or because he's no longer wanted?  Either way, it's massively disappointing.  It remains to be seen how this will impact the rest of the squad and that is a concern.

However if he goes back to Scotland which looks likely, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ferry followed suit?  

I feel very very pissed off.  I haven't felt this bad about a player leaving for a long time.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #637 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:47:15 »

Talk about lowering your standards - Hibs. He should be overjoyed to be south of the wall and even more overjoyed to see the magic roundabout every day he goes to work. Ungrateful fucker.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:54:01 »

However if he goes back to Scotland which looks likely, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ferry followed suit? 

You've taken two. Added two. And ended up with a six figure number. It's a shame Caddis seems to be on the way out but let's not have wild, unfounded speculation about others as a result!
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 23:01:08 »

From recent observations it does not appear Caddis and Ferry are joined together at the hip
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 23:07:46 »

Cuthbert left a while back and Ferry is still here.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #641 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 23:08:12 »

Get the feeling Caddis thinks he can do just as well elsewhere with half the effort.
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 23:14:58 »

By his own admission Caddis missed a number of training session and was/is not at the same level of fitness as the rest of the team.  He mentioned that mother and baby are fine, and his focus is on being a good boyfriend/father (quite understandable), and I'm sure when he is at training he feels that he is giving 100%, I would be amazed if he has the same intensity that he he had last year, because quite simply becoming a father for the first time changes you.

Paolo on the other hand has always been a workaholic, and his emphasis on fitness and training is also legendary - I understand he usually has them in for some kind of training 7 days a week, and expects from his players exactly what he is putting into the role himself - a "100% for the cause" mentality and will not put up with anybody who he feels is not pulling his weight (Leon Clarke and Mehdi Kerrouche for example), and does not believe in excuses - after all, we all know about his father having to work silly hours as a bricklayer in all sorts of weather.

If Caddis had any other type of job and manager, the solution would be simple - take a couple of weeks off, enjoy being a new dad, and come back with all guns blazing.  Unfortunately his profession and having Di Canio as a boss make that impossible!  The result is an understandable change in focus/fitness/commitment from Caddis, and a simple black or white mentality from Paolo which makes a parting of the waves inevitable.

It looks as if he could be going sooner rather than later, but even if he doesn't I will be amazed if Caddis is here come the end of the January transfer window.  While I think the whole thing is a shame, I totally understand what Di Canio is doing and the reason why he is doing it (even if I don't agree with the methods he appears to be using).  I wish Caddis luck as he has been a great player for us, but I think it has got to the point where it would be best for everyone if he was to move on.
Barry Scott

« Reply #643 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 23:16:30 »

I hope he's sold and not a loan, because I have a feeling he'll get used on the wing, and not at right back, and therefore be worth about 50p in a few months. As a winger he's decent, but frankly pretty average. As a full back, with a good winger in front of him, he's fantastic.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 23:17:45 »

Morshead Has just said the Advertiser understands Caddis has been told he can leave Swindon so this snowball is growing by the hour. Only time will tell.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: