Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83907 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 17:06:20 »

I don't buy the argument that this isn't an issue because we're good without him. That's not the point. He makes us better. We're a good side with, say, De Vita in the team, but better and more likely to succeed, with Roberts.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 17:19:48 »

I think we are better off with 11 players who want to play for STFC rather than 10 players who want to play for STFC and 1 who doesnt.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #602 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 17:20:45 »

I think we are better off with 11 players who want to play for STFC rather than 10 players who want to play for STFC and 1 who doesnt.
Spot on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 17:59:55 »

I think he does want to play for stfc but just not for pdc.
kerry red

« Reply #604 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 18:02:41 »

Players re paid to play - irrespective of whether they like or get on with the manager.

It's called being a professional
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 18:05:56 »

I think he does want to play for stfc but just not for pdc.
Tough. He doesn't want to play for a manager that enabled him to captain a championship winning side? There's obviously an agenda here and I don't think it's di Canio's.

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #606 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 18:10:38 »

Tough. He doesn't want to play for a manager that enabled him to captain a championship winning side? There's obviously an agenda here and I don't think it's di Canio's.
I am inclined to agree with you on that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 18:32:24 »

"If you end up with too many fractions in groups and people muttering behind the manager's back, then you quickly have problems."

And we all know what happened the last time the dressing room had those issues.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 18:33:59 »

Well Paul a degree of honesty wouldn't go amiss with regards to your own personal ambitions.If you want to go for footballing reasons to the Championship or want to return to Scotland then fine.We might not like it,but at least you'd be honest to all of the fans and the club.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 18:37:07 »

Did I miss something where Caddis has come out and said he wanted to leave - or even intimated such?
Barry Scott

« Reply #610 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 18:49:08 »

So in about 10 posts the forum has decided Caddis doesn't want to play for us, wants a move, has caused a divide in the changing room, doesn't like pdc, doesn't want to play for him and is unprofessional.

Get a grip people.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 18:49:36 »

There is a whiff of Kangaroo running through some posters' judgements on here.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 18:53:01 »

So in about 10 posts the forum has decided Caddis doesn't want to play for us, wants a move, has caused a divide in the changing room, doesn't like pdc, doesn't want to play for him and is unprofessional.

Get a grip people.

I think its fairly obviously he doesnt want to play for us. Otherwise he'd have got his head down, apologized and got back into the squad by now.

All he's done is speak to the media and not feature. In truth I'm surprised he hasnt gone already.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 18:53:55 »

This may be a stupid question, but if he was that unfit how come he played in all of the pre-season games.

It makes you think that something has changed (probably with Caddis) between then & the start of the season.

One possible option is that his agent has told him that a Championship club want him & will pay him more.
His Mrs has suggested that he should ask for a move
a) because he will get more money &
b) he will have more time at home because he will probably spend less time training.

He tells Paolo that he's thinking about leaving, and (well we can guess the rest).
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 19:08:26 »

Get a grip people.

In fairness everyone will have an opinion (however ill informed) of the situation. Looking at what we actually know I've found it pretty hard to believe that di Canio has been overly harsh on a player he made captain last season and who he had consistently praised, for no reason. PdC, whatever his faults, isn't stupid and is well aware of Caddis' value in the side. Something has seen that value decline. Add that to the comments made by Pdc and JW about squad cohesion and attitude and it's pretty clear (well it is to me) that Caddis, for whatever reason, has become something of a devisive element.
I doubt most of us will ever know the full story, or reason, but I'm pretty sure we've seen the last of Caddis in a Town shirt. Whether or not that was what he wanted before the furore is unclear, but I'm beginning to think neither party will be sorry at his departure.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: