Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83929 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 10:25:54 »

I would. He's not a Clarke or Kerrouche. I believe Caddis to be made of sterner stuff. If he asks for a transfer he's, quite frankly, a weaker person than I thought and was right to be stripped of the armband.

I actually don't for one moment think Caddis is about to strop off and request a move. I just don't believe that's who he is should it get a bit tough. He was a great captain and will stand up and show the steal we would expect from him.

Spot on Baz. Hope you're right and we're all laughing about the whole episode come the end of the season.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 17, 2012, 10:34:01 by Paolo69 » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 10:27:29 »

Clarke and Kerrouche were here for 5 minutes, couldn't be bothered through laziness and were binned.

Caddis played over 50 times, captaining the side to the title. He came back unfit because he had a child the week before returning for pre-season and, judging by the bbc article, has shown he is willing to get back to the fitness required.

You can't really compare the two cases, which makes it all the more dissapointing PDC has treated him this way imo

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 10:44:51 »

I think Caddis needs STFC more than STFC needs Caddis.

He has improved loads under Di Canio after a poor first season here.

If he wants to go to a Championship now to sit on the bench and be a reserve playing less than 17 times in 2 years before going on loan to Dunfermline then that's his choice.

If he goes we will go out and get another right back - bet there are a few out there that would love to come join the Di Canio circus and all that goes with it.

I also don't see why people think Di Canio's methods won't work at higher levels. Sure he'll piss a few players off (like he does now anyway) but will still have the most dedicated, fittest, hard working and determined side in any division which will win you more games than a lazy, egocentric, show boating luxury player ever will...
DMR

« Reply #498 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 10:55:04 »

Point taken DV but the issue is Caddis, and the notion of a "lazy, egocentric, show boating luxury player " does not apply.
kerry red

« Reply #499 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 10:57:32 »

The differene higher up the leagues is that the club will have forked millions for a player which then falls out with PdC and his worth drops.

At Swindon the hits the club have taken on PdC's incoming and then outgoing players isn't quite so pronounced
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 11:00:37 »

True but that was in the context of the bigger egos Di Canio would encounter the higher he made it up the football pyramid rather than having any relation to the whole Caddis thing.

Its also weird that for the first time in god knows how many years I think our better players would be a lot better off staying here than moving onto pastures new.

Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 11:03:58 »

The type of person who throws in the towel or gives up when the going gets tough, is not someone Di Canio could work with.

If Caddis comes back from this Di Canio will respect him more and it shows Caddis is a mentally strong and determined person who is worthy of playing.

If he doesn't he's a far weaker man than any of us thought and would vindicate Di Canio's decision.

Well said. Hopefully he can drive his point and get fit enough to play.
Barry Scott

« Reply #502 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 11:08:27 »

Clarke and Kerrouche were here...

...him this way imo

I can't help but think we're both sort of missing each others points, as I think we're fundamentally on the same side.

My point, if it is one, is Caddis doesn't strike me as the quitting sort and I doubt he'd be seeking out over this disagreement.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 11:20:07 »

The differene higher up the leagues is that the club will have forked millions for a player which then falls out with PdC and his worth drops.

At Swindon the hits the club have taken on PdC's incoming and then outgoing players isn't quite so pronounced

Ummm yes it is, it's all relative. Ask Jezz if we've taken a hit.

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 11:24:36 »

Have to disagree with dv regarding who needs who most. Caddis would get another club easily and would play there. Replacing him with a player of the same quality wouldn't be as easy for us. I'm sure Di Canio knows this hence why he's leaving the door open for Caddis to get back in the fold.

What is at Di Canio's disposal at right back aint anywhere near the quality of Caddis. We need him back and asap
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 11:24:57 »

Yeah and then ask him if he's happy with the results...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 11:28:10 »

I'm sure Caddis would get another club but would he be as good without the Di Canio/STFC machine behind him?

I don't think so but just an opinion.
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 11:35:50 »

Di canio is a fitness fanatic. Clearly if for whatever reason a player is not in the condition he expects then that's it for them. We've seen players ousted as they question the amount of training or do not meet the requirements. Caddis it would appear is getting another chance. Man management isn't a strong point for the boss though is it.

This is true and let's not forget that Caddis was captain when, by his own admission, he arrived at pre season out of condition. I would imagine that PdC was seriously pissed off about that and if he felt that Cad's attitude was not good throughout pre season he is absolutely right to take the captaincy away. Whether the reasons should have gone quite so public is another matter, but maybe this is just a public kick up the arse from PdC not just to Caddis but to the rest of the squad. I hope we can all now get on with winning this league.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 11:44:54 »

You could argue that di Canio's man management skills have been very effective in getting the best from his players; what happened after Clarke last season? Remind me of the result against Brighton Tuesday. Man managent isn't always about being 'nice'.

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 11:47:22 »

No doubt it worked last year, and indeed Danny Wilson was "nice".

I'll reserve judgement on whether constantly airing your dirty washing in public works long term though.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: