Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83984 times)
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 08:09:09 »

The Caddis story was front page? Jesus
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 08:09:49 »

A small ray of hope, possibly in the last two lines:

'Me and the gaffer had a disagreement but is not the end of the world. We are grown men and we respect each other.

Things have been said, actions have been taken and it's time to move on.'

My sympathy with Cads has grown even further with that.  I just don't understand why Paolo had to take this public in the way he did.  But what's done is done.  Fingers crossed that there can be some sort of reconciliation.  (And fingers crossed Paolo starts to learn that he doesn't have to air all of his niggles and disagreements through the local press.)
« Last Edit: Friday, August 17, 2012, 08:15:40 by Ardiles » Logged
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 08:16:00 »

With the little we know I have a fair bit of sympathy with Caddis on this.

If Paolo felt he wasn't up to it then that's his judgement. But what was the aim here, to move the captaincy to a better suited player. Or to humiliate Caddis and flex his muscles in a "my way or the highway" manner.

Very disappointing.

This 'my way or the highway' stuff with Paolo is all very nice and well in leagues 1 and 2 where he is the big cheese and the players are on relatively modest sums of money. 

I wonder how it will go down with players in the Championship or certainly the premier league when Paolo reaches that level....
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 08:16:42 »

Seems quite embarassing for Caddis... I'm not sure he agrees with it at all, and going on record like this might not do his Swindon career any good. I think after this interview he might be off.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 08:23:40 »

I think the ball is now in PDC's court, to be fair.  Apology would probably be too strong, but he needs to recognise that Caddis deserved a little more in the way of respect than to have all of these insinuations about his commitment trailed in the newspapers.  He was instrumental in our promotion last season.  Deserved better than this.

More to the point, Paolo needs Caddis back in the side.  He'd be a fool if he didn't recognise that.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 08:36:14 »

Hopefully JW will have a little word in Paolo's ear and tell him to sort the situation out.

Must admit Caddis sounds pretty hurt by how things were handled, really hoping he is on that coach north today.  If not I fear the end is nigh for his career with us
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 08:56:47 »

Seems quite embarassing for Caddis... I'm not sure he agrees with it at all, and going on record like this might not do his Swindon career any good. I think after this interview he might be off.
At one stage I thought it sounded terminal, but there was a glimmer of hope - I just hope he had the club's permission for that interview or I fear for the relationship with BBC Wilts and PDC as well!!
kerry red

« Reply #487 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 09:01:50 »

Of course, the last few words of that interview can be taken different ways

'it's time to move on'

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 09:05:43 »

Di canio is a fitness fanatic. Clearly if for whatever reason a player is not in the condition he expects then that's it for them. We've seen players ousted as they question the amount of training or do not meet the requirements. Caddis it would appear is getting another chance. Man management isn't a strong point for the boss though is it.
SwindonOldie

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 09:22:00 »

"Things have been said, actions have been taken and it's time to move on."

he has just got to knuckle down and fight for his place
Barry Scott

« Reply #490 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 09:41:20 »

The type of person who throws in the towel or gives up when the going gets tough, is not someone Di Canio could work with.

If Caddis comes back from this Di Canio will respect him more and it shows Caddis is a mentally strong and determined person who is worthy of playing.

If he doesn't he's a far weaker man than any of us thought and would vindicate Di Canio's decision.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 09:43:56 »

The type of person who throws in the towel or gives up when the going gets tough, is not someone Di Canio could work with.

If Caddis comes back from this Di Canio will respect him more and it shows Caddis is a mentally strong and determined person who is worthy of playing.

If he doesn't he's a far weaker man than any of us thought and would vindicate Di Canio's decision.

Fuck that. The truth of what happened probably lies in the middle of PDC and Caddis's description of events, but I wouldn't begrudge Caddis if he was on the blower to his agent to get another deal somewhere else

Things get better but they never get good
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 09:48:06 »

Fuck that. The truth of what happened probably lies in the middle of PDC and Caddis's description of events, but I wouldn't begrudge Caddis if he was on the blower to his agent to get another deal somewhere else

You'd be too weak for Paolo too then Dave.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 09:52:40 »

Not being an employed individual of Swindon Town Football Club, that doesn't concern me too greatly.

Things get better but they never get good
Barry Scott

« Reply #494 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 10:21:44 »

I wouldn't begrudge Caddis if he was on the blower to his agent to get another deal somewhere else

I would. He's not a Clarke or Kerrouche. I believe Caddis to be made of sterner stuff. If he asks for a transfer he's, quite frankly, a weaker person than I thought and was right to be stripped of the armband.

I actually don't for one moment think Caddis is about to strop off and request a move. I just don't believe that's who he is should it get a bit tough. He was a great captain and will stand up and show the steal we would expect from him.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: