Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83965 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #405 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 14:05:09 »

Here's a thought and I know it may be a little crazy but......

Maybe, just maybe, Paolo's methods worked last season because he's actually quite good at his job and knows what he's doing?

But then, of course, the fans will always know better.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 14:12:00 »

No-one is saying the fans know better, and I'm not quite sure why you keep harping back to that statement.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly don't profess to know any more about Management than Di Canio, and he has been very successfull so far. But to suggest last season was without its faults is a flat out lie, and I think a healthy, balanced discussion (which admittedly hasn't always been forthcoming by everyone in this thread) is of more use than blindly fawning over the man.

Things get better but they never get good
Coca Fola

« Reply #407 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 14:13:18 »

Popcorn
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 14:14:58 »

But to suggest last season was without its faults is a flat out lie, and I think a healthy, balanced discussion (which admittedly hasn't always been forthcoming by everyone in this thread) is of more use than blindly fawning over the man.

I read that (quite aptly) as fawnicating...  Yes
Flashheart

« Reply #409 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 14:21:27 »

No-one is saying the fans know better, and I'm not quite sure why you keep harping back to that statement.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly don't profess to know any more about Management than Di Canio, and he has been very successfull so far. But to suggest last season was without its faults is a flat out lie, and I think a healthy, balanced discussion (which admittedly hasn't always been forthcoming by everyone in this thread) is of more use than blindly fawning over the man.

Perhaps it has evaded you that we are doing very, very very well at the moment? There's nothing blind about it, it's a results based 'fawning'. Some of us are just fucking happy to be enjoying the good football and the success it is bringing, what the fuck is wrong with that?

Nobody has said last season was perfect so that lie hasn't even been told.

And I keep on 'harping back to the statement' about the fans knowing best because some are clearly suggesting that it would be best of he wasn't so hard on the payers. For all we know, him softening up on them may have a detrimental effect.

Do you think we would be as successful if the players weren't pushed as hard as they are?

« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 14:23:07 by Flashheart » Logged
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 14:24:39 »

Of course there was faults and mistakes, even di Canios admitted that. But we got promoted. As champions. Maybe di Canio is cleverer than we think and is well aware of the reaction he'll get from his players? As for fawning over a bloke that gave me one of the best seasons I've had supporting the Town, too fucking right.

It's All Good..............
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 14:36:42 »

Di Canio has instilled something in this team that we haven't had for years - a bit of hard work and passion. We all know the players worked incredibly hard last year, and were rewarded with success, and improved contracts.

If they don't want this, then they can go play for a manager like Danny Wilson, have Sundays off and underachieve.

No ifs, no buts, all players are equal. Shape up or ship out. If the methods weren't working, then I can understand his ethics being questioned, but so far, they're working very well indeed. These guys aren't working 50+ hours a week. They only train for a few hours a day, and they get paid very well for it.

No player is bigger than the team.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 14:38:23 by welshred » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #412 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 14:39:18 »

Some people seem to be making the assumption that because it's not the way they would like things to be done, then it must be the wrong way to do things.

The results clearly suggest otherwise.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 14:46:59 »

As long as Paolo has the support of the board and the dressing room, then I dont really see the problem.

A lot of teams have second season syndrome (danny wilson), the players get used to the manegers methods and knwo when to push it / relax more. I see this as paolo keeping the standard high, just like how he started last season.

I suspect caddis will still be a swindon player come the end of the transfer window, you can tell PdC doesn't want to lose him
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 14:56:34 »

I love Cadds the player but if his attitude isn't right then hope this is just the kick up the arse he needs.

Best right back since Kerslake so no way he is easily replaceable. It took us 20 years last time. Would be massively disappointed if he went but totally agree that Paolo has to stick to his principles. Principles which on the whole were successful last season.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 15:02:50 »

Some people seem to be making the assumption that because it's not the way they would like things to be done, then it must be the wrong way to do things.

and you always vehemently defend every single thing that PDC does and says on the strength of one season which by his own admission he got it wrong to start with and might I add a season in which he was backed by the board like arguably no manager has in the history of this club. I hesitate to say I could have got promotion last year..but I could of Cheesy

/
W56196272
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 15:02:53 »

The corollary to all that is that we suspend all judgement and comment on the Manager until we're shit again...which is equally bollocks.  It would be a pretty dull forum if everyone agreed on things like this anyway.  And where would the 80% bollocks come from?

I'm starting to get bored of this anyway.  Maybe Paolo and PC could settle this in the centre circle at half time?
Flashheart

« Reply #417 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 15:08:10 »

That's bollocks YEO

I've not once defended his transfer fuck-ups and have openly expressed concern about the finances involved. I just happen to think he may be right on this.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 15:13:52 »

I hesitate to say I could have got promotion last year..but I could of Cheesy
It's a shame your impressive managerial talent isn't being put to good use in the upper leagues.

Or is it that this management lark is easy, as long as you have enough cash to spend, there's no need to work on things like tactics, training, scouting the opposition, squad selection...

It's bad enough when other teams supporters spout this utter crap without Town fans joining in.

"Absolute Calamity!"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 16:16:49 »

Yeo never talks crap-he's a tease!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: