Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NEW SKIPPER  (Read 83906 times)

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 09:32:49 »

My opinion hasn't changed from yesterday morning before the situation being explained to us fans. The player has not met the standards Di Canio expects and can turn it around if he wants. Whether he wants to is the issue.  If it's something that is or will spread to other players(if Richie and Flint and moaning then it already has)is another concern.
I was told last season that Caddis wasn't entirely happy here and there was friction with the boss. I thought the success may have changed that but guess it was still there.
I think caddis will move on if i were asked to have a bet on it.

Players are on a hiding to nothing if they question Di Canio. He is extreme but he won the league and fans adore him so will side with him. The board have let him do what he likes so far and can't see that changing unless there is some kind of player revolt. That is possible of course but i think unlikely unless results don't go our way. Time will tell.

Thompson should get a run of games now,he is a right back by trade and if he aint ready as a 3rd year pro then he shouldn't be here.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 09:34:25 by arriba » Logged
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 09:33:59 »

Its the period last year when Caddis was out injured that bothers me.  Ritchie wasnt half the player without him.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 09:34:38 »

My view is a bit old fashioned.

If the missis is around then she has to do the nights...end of.

All this getting up bollocks....she can kip in the day when the baby kips or when he gets back from training.

I remember coming home with the wife knackered and she went straight to bed for a few hours whilst I made tea etc etc and I reckon my hours were longer than a footballers.

All this new age method shite.

If he that's bothered he can always give up work for a year to give his missus a hand.....of course most people can't (probably Caddis included).

Had he given himself a hand he wouldn't be in this situation.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 09:35:14 »

Apart from losing the captaincy and being criticized for his attitude, has anything else been said, anywhere?
He's had a baby, his focus isn't what it was so PdC's taken the armband off him and given him a verbal kick up the arse. Big deal.
Di Canio expects a high level of commitment from all the players, even more I would have thought from his captain.
Until Caddis puts in a transfer request, or Paolo sends him on loan, or the players stage a mutiny against the tyrannical regime, I'm going to take it at face value and not worry.

What baldy said.

Nobody knows (or do they?) what Caddis' domestic situation is. For example, is his wife/partner still in Scotland, or did they relocate to Swindon area? Maybe this is a source of friction.

I was going to say something else, but work has distracted me.....bastards.....
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 09:36:42 »

As much as I agree with Paolo's ways.. if I were a player, I think I'd probably curse him between his back with other players. Like "God, we work so hard every day, give us a break, geez". If all the players are in mutual agreement, this is when shit will happen.

All true.  And when you add in the crushing fatigue that most new parents feel in the early weeks & months, it's not hard to see how this kicked off.

The lack of sleep wipes you out for days at a time.  Disorientation, dizzyness.  What day is it?  I have enormous sympathy with Caddis.  I simply don't believe that his underlying commitment can have waned over the summer, or that he's lost his way.  He's just shagged.  And he probably snapped, as anyone would, when challenged about his commitment the morning after a night of interrupted sleep.

That said, we're not going to be awarded a 1-0 headstart in games because our right back is tired.  PDC needs everyone of his players to be at the top of their game.  How do you resolve that?  Not sure to be honest.  A nanny, perhaps.  And a hand on the shoulder, some encouragement, a small concession to make the player understand he's valued along with some unvarnished truth about players needing to be at their best.  It's all about compromise...a commodity that PDC is going to have to learn if he wants to climb the leagues, be it with us or anyone else.  This rigid 'comply with my regime or leave' approach will work, most of the time, in the lower leagues.  Higher up, such a blunt approach will not work.

I'm sure the season starting on a Tuesday, with a League Cup game, doesn't help either...but I'm not really getting my usual revved up start-the-season feeling this morning.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 09:38:46 by Ardiles » Logged
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 09:42:08 »

All true.  And when you add in the crushing fatigue that most new parents feel in the early weeks & months, it's not hard to see how this kicked off.

The lack of sleep wipes you out for days at a time.  Disorientation, dizzyness.  What day is it?  I have enormous sympathy with Caddis.  I simply don't believe that his underlying commitment can have waned over the summer, or that he's lost his way.  He's just shagged.  And he probably snapped, as anyone would, when challenged about his commitment the morning after a night of interrupted sleep.

That said, we're not going to be awarded a 1-0 headstart in games because our right back is tired.  PDC needs everyone of his players to be at the top of their game.  How do you resolve that?  Not sure to be honest.  A nanny, perhaps.  And a hand on the shoulder, some encouragement, a small concession to make the player understand he's valued along with some unvarnished truth about players needing to be at their best.  It's all about compromise...a commodity that PDC is going to have to learn if he wants to climb the leagues, be it with us or anyone else.  This rigid 'comply with my regime or leave' approach will work, most of the time, in the lower leagues.  Higher up, such a blunt approach will not work.

I'm sure the season starting on a Tuesday, with a League Cup game, doesn't help either...but I'm not really getting my usual revved up start-the-season feeling this morning.

I dont have kids and therefore may be barking up totally the wrong tree but .... Is it possible his wife may be having difficulty in coping which is causing Caddis problem and worries at home.  I just hope all avenues were investigated prior to the captaincy decision been taken. 
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 09:49:41 »

This thread has turned all Dear fucking Deirdre!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #367 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 09:52:32 »

Did Caddis take his kid to Italy with him then?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 09:55:13 »

I would guess not.
Flashheart

« Reply #369 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 10:00:51 »

Was a rhetorical question, of course.

If Caddis was knuckling down and showing the right attitude in Italy then he may have a point. I get the impression this is not the case.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 10:02:19 »

To be fair though, he was out injured. And from his interviews, it seemed like he was working real hard to get to the same level of fitness as the other guys. Strange.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 10:05:04 »

Fucking hell. Sympathy for Caddis because he's got a baby? He's a professional footballer, hardly pulling a 60 hour week, is he?
Even when they've got double sessions they're not at the club dawn to dusk.
Boo fucking hoo.

It's All Good..............
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 10:16:42 »

Fucking hell when my mrs had our baby I was back at work the next day!!!

I see thisis is going into meltdown, now would be the perfect time to have a good old fashioned holocaust on there

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 10:18:38 »

Both our two made me a zomby for the first two or three months. I bow to you supermen who slept through.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 10:19:21 »

One of our sproggs never slept at night, and I felt terrible at work. If his kid's a night bawler then I have some sympathy with him!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: