Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JPT  (Read 37258 times)
Chesterfield Heaven

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 18:31:21 »

I love the logic of, 'well we beat bournemouth and they're much better than swindon'.  By that logic, well, we beat Wigan, Bristol City, Huddersfield, Colchester and Exeter.  They're all better than Chesterfield according to the league tables.

That 5 games against people in division one or higher.  The same as they have one against league 1 teams in their league campaign.

You mean Wigan Reserves, Huddersfield Reserves and probably Bristol City Reserves
matt_jada

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 18:36:06 »

Say's the Chesterfield fan, who's team is currently rock bottom of league one.  Smug Fuck Off
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 18:39:39 »

Fuck me this game isn't for 6 weeks....and it's only the Skoda hubcap...bit early to be dissecting likely events.
skay

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 18:40:31 »

You mean Wigan Reserves, Huddersfield Reserves and probably Bristol City Reserves

you can only beat who's put infront of you and as matter of fact many of these 'reserves' would walk straight into your team no problem..
stfcinbmth

« Reply #214 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 18:45:08 »

you can only beat who's put infront of you and as matter of fact many of these 'reserves' would walk straight into your team no problem..

Troll, ignore
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 18:46:13 »

Admittedly, Wigan fielded a team of inexperienced youngsters such as Ali Al-Habsi, Emerson Boyce, Gary Caldwell and Franco di Santo, along with players like Callum McManaman who's only ever shone in the Champsionship, and Adrian Lopez who's only just made the step up from La Liga.

The Huddersfield side that we stuffed 4-1 was also significantly weakened, with a whopping 4 outfield changes from the side that beat your lot.

As for City, they were aweful. It wasn't a reserve team, but it might as well have been.

I know I've bitten, but it's worth getting the facts out there.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 18:52:13 »

Plus we've also beaten Exeter and Colchester's first team this season.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Madrobin

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 19:07:34 »

I know a few Chesterfield fans up here, decent lot on the whole. Seems they have their own set of muppets,as every club does. They are expecting a decent game, it's pretty much all they have to play for this season... They seem to have accepted they won't stay up.

Derbyshire Reds - On Tour
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 19:14:02 »

Chesterfield are fucking woeful.  They reminded me of Swindon last season.

I watched their second leg against Oldham on sky.  Oldham battered them but just had no one to score the vital goal.  Oldham cocked up in defence and Chesterfield capatalised.

I fully expect Chesterfield to be better in the final, but if we play our passing game and get the ball to the wingers, we should have more then enough in the tank to beat Chesterfield.

The fact that we will take more fans too should help as it will pratically feel like a home game
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 19:14:47 »

Chesterfield are fucking woeful.  They reminded me of Swindon last season.

I watched their second leg against Oldham on sky.  Oldham battered them but just had no one to score the vital goal.  Oldham cocked up in defence and Chesterfield capatalised.

I fully expect Chesterfield to be better in the final, but if we play our passing game and get the ball to the wingers, we should have more then enough in the tank to beat Chesterfield.

The fact that we will take more fans too should help as it will pratically feel like a home game

You've Jinxed it!

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 19:30:03 »

How many points did we have after 29 games last season?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #221 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 19:33:36 »

Stop it, all of you.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 19:55:46 »

How many points did we have after 29 games last season?

We had 31 points. And we still had 31 four games later!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 19:57:36 »

Chesterfield are a much bigger club than us and are plying their trade in a higher division.

Compared to them we are plucky minnows and don't stand a chance against them at Wembley, they are stronger, fitter, more tactically gifted and all round far superior to our bunch of cloggers.

But sometimes, just sometimes, the fairytale comes true: Jack kills the giant; David triumphs over Goliath; pox win a game in Wiltshire, these things can happen.

Live the dream little Swindon, live the dream....

It's All Good..............
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Friday, February 10, 2012, 20:23:12 »

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: