Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andy Gurney  (Read 4353 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 14:54:03 »

To be honest fella's if a year or two before I'm due to retire someone offers me a shit load more money to join another company I'll be saying yes.  If this makes me a fat greedy bastard then so be it.
Spud

« Reply #31 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 14:59:17 »

But when he left for Oxford he said that it wasnt because of the money! :-))(
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 14:59:28 »

surely the fantastic stadium and the natural beauty that surrounds that stadium is enough?

Spud

« Reply #33 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 15:01:19 »

I think he went to Oxford so he could keep an eye on his car whilst playing.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 15:03:06 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

Did he???  What reason did he give then?

I thought they were the only club near-ish to his home that offered him a contract, other than us.  

I honestly couldn't be arsed about the bald one, personally I think it'd be a lot better if we just ignored him tomorrow, and showed him that we don't care about some has been.
Spud

« Reply #35 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 15:04:56 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

Did he???  What reason did he give then?

I thought they were the only club near-ish to his home that offered him a contract, other than us.  

I honestly couldn't be arsed about the bald one, personally I think it'd be a lot better if we just ignored him tomorrow, and showed him that we don't care about some has been.

No chance im giving the bald cunt abuse! Beers
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 15:24:26 »

saw this on the back of WDP press and laughed. better not happen.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 16:10:33 »

The best reaction would definitely be to not react to him at all.  I reckon Mooney would be gutted if that happened.

But of course that would never happen, he will get a load of stick.  Ignoring him would be far more effective though.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 16:12:37 »

Agreed OST, my point exactly, unfortunately the majority of fans won't see that and will happily give him as much abuse as possible.

I just hope after all that stick, he doesn't score.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 16:15:02 »

Why shouldn't we give him stick?? He deserves it.

Remember the hostile reception Beachump got?
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 17:09:17 »

I like gurns and also he wasnt a bad player for us until he shagged hewletts wife, mainly cos he prob had other things on his mind (...hewletts wife?!!!) but up until then he was a useful player and leader on the pitch!

I wouldnt mind seeing him back but if fans boo him etc if he did come then the signing becomes useless because you then de-motivate the player making him perform shit, therefore my conclusion  Cheesy  is dont boo him or else we're be wasting our budget!!

But knowing the WDP the story will be bollocks and none of the above will matter!!

Come on YOU REDS!
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 17:12:33 »

OH bollocks didnt bother reading the whole thread before i posted and seems we've moved on to mooney!

Dont care about ignoring him i just want 2 pay my £14 and verbally abuse him if he scores so be it but as long as i get enough abuse in to feel ive got value for money then im happy  

Come on YOU REDS!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 17:14:42 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
The best reaction would definitely be to not react to him at all.  I reckon Mooney would be gutted if that happened.

But of course that would never happen, he will get a load of stick.  Ignoring him would be far more effective though.

Where's the fun in that?!
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 17:24:41 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"

Where's the fun in that?!

Exactly my feelings my in theory be the best thing to do, but its alot more fun to give him abuse

Come on YOU REDS!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 17:32:31 »

Get into the spirit people.  Mooney is a very pantomimey player, he will love the abuse he gets, and the fans will love dishing it out, but it's not geniune angry feelings (well if it is it's a touch sad).  The true fact of the matter is Mooney contributed to a wonderful season at Swindon Town, but at the end of the season for whatever reason he left, and in truth it appears he wasn't good enough to continue hacking it at this level.

It's ironic, it could be seen that he graciously bowed out, yet had he stayed another season and scored 1 goal in 40 appearances he'd probably have gone down as somewhat of a Swindon hero, although the missed penalty in the playoff semi final would have tarnished his reputation somewhat.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: