Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Footy Manager 08  (Read 72384 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #705 on: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 11:33:50 »

I know it's been said before but Chris James is a definate must when starting a new game. Even in the Prem he is a decent player for me, not an automatic first choice but a very very good reserve player who is excellent cover for injuiries. Especially if you train him up in a couple of new positions.

Similar for Fabio Faria, a very good prem reserve CB capable of pulling 7 or 8 performances regularly.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #706 on: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 11:41:49 »

In update 8.0.2 Chris James is already playing for FH (Iceland) and no longer available for a free, they want £200k for him and thats too much for Swindon which is a shame cos he was a fantastic free and utterly reliable.

Fabio Faria is a new one on me, will have to check him out now!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #707 on: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 11:49:34 »

I picked Faria up from Rio Ave for 9k JJ, he is worth 8 mil now!!!

Oh, and I picked up James for free on 8.0.2.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 11:56:40 »

How do i stop my team constantly conceding goals. Even with a defensive tactic im conceding a minimum of 2 goals every game

Things get better but they never get good
sonic youth

« Reply #709 on: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 11:57:41 »

so did i.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #710 on: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 12:00:40 »

dave, go to the dugout forum, look fgor the downloadable tactics, there's a thousand and one downloadable tactics, try those for size. or just get a better keeper, organize your defence properly.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #711 on: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 12:03:21 »

I know what your saying, but it wouldn't seem right. I'm just looking for what the basic set up is for a good defence. I set both center backs to ultra defensive, closing down in own half, tight man marking - and both full backs to pretty much similar, only slightly more attacking. It never works though, and i suffer FM rage

flammableBen

« Reply #712 on: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 12:04:43 »

I haven't played the newer ones, but surely you don't want your centre backs set to closing down?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #713 on: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 12:05:46 »

dont i? ill give it a shot later. Would probably best to have them close down to some degree

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #714 on: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 12:09:48 »

Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"
I picked Faria up from Rio Ave for 9k JJ, he is worth 8 mil now!!!

Oh, and I picked up James for free on 8.0.2.

I have just put in a bid for Faria, they want £10k so I am gonna go for it.

As for Chris James, maybe I was a day too late at the start of this new game in approaching him, I will start another new game and check it out.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #715 on: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 12:23:28 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
I know what your saying, but it wouldn't seem right. I'm just looking for what the basic set up is for a good defence. I set both center backs to ultra defensive, closing down in own half, tight man marking - and both full backs to pretty much similar, only slightly more attacking. It never works though, and i suffer FM rage

You need you CB's on tight marking but not closing down on the 'opposition instruction' screen.

Also make sure that you have the right CB marking the right striker. I.E. fast on fast or good heading on likewise.

Also mark their wingers tightly and if they have pacey strikers then don't play offside as their pace will spring the trap.

A goalie with top communication attributes help massively as they organise the defence well.

Another thing is to check is a CB's concentration, as it often doesn't matter how good their tackling/marking att's maybe, if they have low concentration then then they are likely to make mistakes and concede goalazzzzoooo's
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #716 on: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 12:28:47 »

Thanks. Ill try these later until i get angry and throw the box at the wall again

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #717 on: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 13:28:18 »

Depends how you're conceding the goals. The problems could come from midfield.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #718 on: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 13:53:40 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Depends how you're conceding the goals. The problems could come from midfield.

What he said as well.

If you are conceding loads it is worth watching the whole match rather than just the highlights to see whether or not they are walking through your midfield........ Mark attacking midfielders ect.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #719 on: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 19:39:55 »

I can't find most of these players...I'll start again running a large database and see what I can do.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: