Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS.  (Read 4870 times)
BANGKOK RED

« on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 03:35:48 »

STOP THE PRESS!!

TOWN will hold a pitch inspection at noon tomorrow to determine whether Saturday's scheduled League One clash with Stockport County can go ahead.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/4032524.BREAKING_NEWS__Town_pitch_inspection_scheduled/

This will send shock-waves through the football world, WTF!!!!

Are really things that quiet that a pitch inspection is BREAKING NEWS?
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 07:38:32 »

Well it made SSN as the leading League 1 story this morning. If that helps you make a judgement call.....
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 08:54:13 »

Breaking News is a term now devalued by being used continually on rolling news services.  Breaking News used to be used in news flashes when a plane had gone down or someone had been shot.  People no longer sit up and listen when they see the term.

The other devalued term that gets on my nerves is Celebrity.  It used to mean someone who had achieved in their field and had a high public profile; someone instantly recognisable who resonated with a large section of the population.  These days, a Celebrity is someone who used to be on the telly once, whose name you are very unlikely to remember until they try to resurrect their 'career' by eating dogs' penises for two weeks in a jungle.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 09:23:08 »

Pissed off cos I have a ST and am working late on Tuesday!  Too short a notice to change!

No No No

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 09:28:53 »

The games off...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 10:01:55 »

Fuck it!

I demand a refund for this match because of the short notice, or the inability of the groundstaff to pull their fingers out!

Wink

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Sussex

« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 10:13:52 »

The games off...

So that idea I had of you working through the night with an extention lead, industrial strength hair dryer and flask of tea was a bit wide of the mark? Can't get the staff these days.  Smiley
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 11:33:35 »

booo I dont want to go and if its now on Tuesday I will have to go as I have no excuse not too and miss spinning and everything
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 11:35:50 »

I hate midweek games. That will be my excuse if I don't go.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 11:37:56 »

I love midweek games, I can go straight to the pub from work and get pissed Cool
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 12:00:26 »

I've gone straight from work before. Wearing a suit in the townend is strange.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 12:37:21 »

on thisis at the moment...

SWINDON Town's Coca Cola League One clash against Stockport County tomorrow is ??, following a County Ground pitch inspection this lunchtime.

They know how to keep people on the edge of their seat don't they!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 13:56:34 »

Breaking News is a term now devalued by being used continually on rolling news services.  Breaking News used to be used in news flashes when a plane had gone down or someone had been shot.  People no longer sit up and listen when they see the term.

The Adver seem to have jumped on this bandwagon, they've had 4 'BREAKING NEWS!' stories about STFC in the last two days. It's not really 'BREAKING NEWS!' though is it, it's just new news.
Lumps

« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 14:53:25 »

I'd always assumed that when the Adver website uses the Breaking News banner it just means that it's news that has broken since they paper edition of the adver went to press.

I hardly ever see the thing on paper anymore as I'm not living in the area so I can't really confirm that, but it makes some kind of sense.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 14:54:03 »

In other breaking news:

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1514334,00.html

I don't know what's worse, the haircut or that this is news in Newcastle.

Oh wait, I've worked it out, definately the haircut.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: