Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why was David "B" kicked out so quickly...  (Read 17771 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 20:58:05 »

Well yes he is to blame, Something has gone wrong somewhere we all knew Malpas was the wrong man as soon as he got the job but Wilson wasn't a blow you're socks off appointment.

Fitton has made mistakes and hopefully he will learn from them in future, I won't criticise Fitton too much because he saved the club and has done a lot for us, As i said the only real criticism i have about him is being too loyal to managers and not axing them when he maybe should have.

He made a mistake with Greer as well but i'm sure he has learnt his lesson from that one so i wouldn't expect a repeat of that again in the future.

I'm not pretending he hasn't made mistakes, He has made a fair few but as i said i hope he learns from all of them and i am sure he will.

Fitton has done a great job off field,anyone who dosn't realise what a steadying influence he has had on the club is blind...we were in deep doggy do when he arrived.

For me the selling of good young players is my main gripe,Austin and Cox are no brainers obviously.
For me also the departure of Byrne shouldn't have happened....not mid season anyway.
He knew most of the players and was a good buffer when times were tough.

The clubs future looks fairly promising...just the present that loks a tad dodgy.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:01:54 »

Weasel

Seriously, did Swindon really deserve anything out of the game last year at Wembley ?

In fact the performances just prior to that were piss poor as well....except for 30 minutes in at the Valley in the 2nd leg of the semi final.  
K-S-1982

« Reply #62 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:02:01 »

His second appointment got us to the play off final in his first full season.  Roll Eyes

Did Fitton put the lump in the Wembley turf that caused the bobble too?

That's irrelevant now, We were god awful at Wembley we were shocking, Things haven't been right since the end of last season especially after we won 3-0 at Elland Road, We played well in the semi's against Charlton but between the Leeds and the Charlton game and since that game at the Valley we have been shocking.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:04:45 by K-S-1982 » Logged
K-S-1982

« Reply #63 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:04:11 »

Fitton has done a great job off field,anyone who dosn't realise what a steadying influence he has had on the club is blind...we were in deep doggy do when he arrived.

For me the selling of good young players is my main gripe,Austin and Cox are no brainers obviously.
For me also the departure of Byrne shouldn't have happened....not mid season anyway.
He knew most of the players and was a good buffer when times were tough.

The clubs future looks fairly promising...just the present that loks a tad dodgy.

I agree with you Leefer, Fitton has done a great job off the field no doubt about it.

The situation with Byrne is i think Wilson probably didn't want him here as it wasn't his own man and he brought in Shirtliff.

We couldn't do nothing about the Austin & Cox situation, They both wanted to leave and with Austin it was starting to have a negative impact on the whole club and he just had to go.

The thing with Greer should never have happened, Fitton should have given him a new contract instead of saying wait until October but i guess he will learn from that one.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:04:54 »

That's irrelevant now, We were god awful at Wembley we were shocking, Things haven't been right since the end of last season especially after we won 3-0 at Elland Road, We played well in the semi's against Charlton but since then but between the Leeds and the Charlton game and since that game at the Valley we have been shocking.

Oh, ok. So the chairman should've sacked Wilson after Leeds away last year?
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:08:36 »

Whilst i agree  DW should have gone long ago- i cannot believe that some people are calling for Budgie to return.

His record when caretaker was absolutely dire( 7 points from 8 games)- as were his antics on the touchline and behind the scenes. If we have resorted to wanting him as manager then things must be desperate.
K-S-1982

« Reply #66 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:10:23 »

No obviously not.

We were doing well up until that Leeds game, We had a chance of auto and blew it and we were quite bad up until the Charlton game where we played well home and away but since then we have won 9 games out of 42 i believe, Says it all.

Wilson has had more than a fair chance this season, He must be one of the luckiest managers in the League because quite frankly if he was at any other club do you think he would still be in a job now?

There is no point going on about Wilson now though as it's quite clear he isn't going until the end of the season, He won't get a new contract and rightly so.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:12:54 by K-S-1982 » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:11:28 »

I don't get this whole Byrne thing. Only real seen the guy in real life once, and he was indeed enthusiastic and committed to STFC and he wanted the managers job (he was caretaker at the time).

But I don't see how this equates to him being in any way influential to on field results or lack of them after his departure.  Its clutching at straws.

Wilson is a good man and in my opinion (if not anyone elses) a half decent manager. He's just ballsed up this year. Whether that was his doing or whether the club employed policies that meant he couldn't get the players he wanted is purely speculation.

Whatever if/when we go down he will have to go.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:13:17 »

I suggest we all want and need Swindon to have a successful football club and if it was not for Andrew Fitton we would NOT have a club to support...so a big thank you.

However, just change the present manager for his sake as well as ours..

For the record..I do not think Bryne is the right replacement..Possibly Johnson ex Peterboro could be.
Although, a good player manager would be the answer as it has served us well previously.  

Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:13:49 »

We were doing well up until that Leeds game, We had a chance of auto and blew it and we were quite bad up until the Charlton game where we played well home and away but since then we have won 9 games out of 42 i believe, Says it all.

So, yes? He should've sacked the manager before the play-off final?  Suicide
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:13:53 »

Yet that 10 man performance against Swansea was honestly one of the most hard working, pride filled Town performances I've ever seen!

The way our fans just roared when Swansea scored, couldn't even hear their fans celebrating their goal!!

Got a lucky penalty but even a draw was less that we deserved that game.

Whether it was actually budgie who got that fight into the players or not I don't know.

Could we do with some of it now, yes!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:18:09 »

Weasel.....all clubs have Glorious/in Glorious past history.......so how long would you give Mr Wilson if our present plight continues......Danny Williams won us the League Cup......bring him back now!
I didnt say Byrne should be manager...but he was good with the players.......young and old and should have stayed in the set up in my opinion.

For what it is worth my opinion is his time was up after the Bristol Rovers debacle.....fact is he is here untill the seasons end at least.....and will get a new contract if we do stay up.
Frustrating as it has been this season i try to back him,but it is becoming increasingly hard....some people will have you believe that LG2 wont be so bad.....i wont be buying that.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #72 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:20:58 »

We could sure do with that type of spirit nowadays. I remember that match for Commingues smacking one of their players and then in the melee ran around the back and stuck another one on thier player. That was after squaring up to their 6ft 4 beast of a centre back.  
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:21:51 »

....some people will have you believe that LG2 wont be so bad...

The very best a trip to league 2 can be is a wasted season. That's the best case scenario - we come back up and we are back to where we are now.

And that ain't a sure fire thing by a long chalk.

If anyone is in any doubt that relegation is short of disastrous they need to have a word with themself.
K-S-1982

« Reply #74 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:22:34 »

So, yes? He should've sacked the manager before the play-off final?  Suicide

Did i say that? We played badly for a few games so it wasn't a big deal and we got our act together in the Play-Off Semi's, However i clearly said since then we have been shocking, 9 wins out of 42 games.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: