Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Pitch  (Read 1066 times)
my-velocity

« on: Thursday, May 22, 2008, 10:19:57 »

What was the fuss about the pitch last night? It looked absolutely fine, nothing wrong with it at all. Sure it did get better because of the rain, but i wish players/managers stop complaining and just get on with the job at hand.
Seems people will use any excuse to rectify they're performance, style of play etc..
What do you lot think?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 22, 2008, 10:21:43 »

Both Managers before the game said the pitch was fine the actual fuss was from the bloke who actually laid the pitch as he was disappointed in the job he had done.
my-velocity

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 22, 2008, 10:26:53 »

But you had Rooney saying "It's not ideal but it'll have to do" and i'm sure other players were sulking because of it.
I thought that was one of the best finals in years, the pitch was not a problem at all.
You would think a groundsman would have been happy with a pitch like that..certainly at that price anyway.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 22, 2008, 10:40:56 »

it will have been poor on the grip front sue to it being laid over the top of the plastic pitch. Van der sar for one slipped three or four times while trying to change direction.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 22, 2008, 12:36:38 »

It was bad for those that were wearing Blades instead of Studs....poor things !
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 12:41:57 »

i bet they spent hundreds on it. Smiley
flammableBen

« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 12:43:08 »

"The Pitch"

Sounds like a crap Dragon's Den rip off that ITV or Sky might make.
my-velocity

« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 23, 2008, 15:29:36 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
"The Pitch"

Sounds like a crap Dragon's Den rip off that ITV or Sky might make.

Or a crappy indie band!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: