Poll
Question: Will we get to the championship??
Yes:Automatically - 6 (11.5%)
Yes:Via Playoffs - 5 (9.6%)
No: Via Playoffs - 20 (38.5%)
No way, Jose - 21 (40.4%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How will this end  (Read 3290 times)
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 18:40:10 »

I really don't think we can answer this until we know who the new manager is.

Of course, if we haven't got one within 2 weeks, I go for option 4.

"Absolute Calamity!"
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 18:42:10 »

8th.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 18:49:25 »

It depends on who the new manager is and what loan players are brought in. It was evident from last night that the current squad is not good enough because, with one or two players out injured, the quality is not there to replace them. The crucial player now is Ferry, but he needs back up, and we desperately need someone with a bit of flair to replace Ritchie.

With the current squad I can see us fading away and dropping out of the promotion race completely.

On the positive side, though, if we do make the play-offs I suppose Caddis would be eligible to play....?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 19:00:35 »

We've lost Ritchie,Hollands, Bostock and Martin,  and Ferry and Devera to  Injury, get a few players in we'll be fine, the reality is we've lost 1 game in 14, everyone else this end of the table is as flaky or even worse at the moment.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 19:07:46 »

We've lost Ritchie,Hollands, Bostock and Martin,  and Ferry and Devera to  Injury, get a few players in we'll be fine, the reality is we've lost 1 game in 14, everyone else this end of the table is as flaky or even worse at the moment.

And Hartlepool are top of the (last 6) form guide and only 6 points adrift!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 19:17:00 »

We have had some shit players during his tenure-we now need 3 quality players to cover the injuries and we will be fine,whoever the boss is

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 19:31:29 »

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 19:39:49 »

How this ends is entirely dependent on the new board. What has gone until now is not necessarily (and certainly not wholly) of their doing, but now they must be decisive and proactive - appoint a good manager, and get loans in fast. It is not as if PDCs resignation is new news - we knew before Crawley. Plans should be in place.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 19:46:00 »

How anyone can have the first idea of how to form an opinion on this I don't know. The tables incredibly tight, no-one's form is that consistent, we have no idea who will take over the manager's office, or what wriggle room there is for new loan signings.

One things for sure, there's no easy replacement for Ritchie out there. I can only hope that Rooney can take advantage of the opportunity this gives him and finally come good,

..never go back.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 19:55:07 »

Outside the P/O's for me.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 10:59:32 »

I think we may be blind to the fact that we are not the only club of the top 6/7 that are struggling to win games at the moment.

It wasn't too long ago when more than a few thought Bornmuff were a shoe-in

KERRY RED IN OPTIMISTIC POST SHOCKER!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 11:35:33 »

I think the forum might implode.
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 11:40:30 »

Ive gone for the play-off option ,  have already booked the Monday off just in case .

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 11:57:32 »

It depends on who the new manager is and what loan players are brought in. It was evident from last night that the current squad is not good enough because, with one or two players out injured, the quality is not there to replace them. The crucial player now is Ferry, but he needs back up, and we desperately need someone with a bit of flair to replace Ritchie.

With the current squad I can see us fading away and dropping out of the promotion race completely.

On the positive side, though, if we do make the play-offs I suppose Caddis would be eligible to play....?
This along with mrverves is how I see things panning out. With the right manager and 2 or 3 loanees in we are in with a good shout, without these maybe between playoff places and top ten. Think the 1st division is our true level but that's not to say I wouldn't love Championship football at SN1.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: