Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: God i hope not  (Read 7022 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 10:28:13 »

Quote from: Adver
TOWN are considering making an approach to bring Ben Tozer back to the County Ground, the Swindon Advertiser can exclusively reveal.

Chairman Andrew Fitton is believed to be keen on recruiting the teenage centre-back from Newcastle United either on loan or on a permanent deal, less than two years after Tozer, pictured left and inset, departed Wiltshire for the north east.

In January 2008, at just 17, the defender switched to St James’ Park on a four-and-a-half-year deal which could eventually be worth up to £1.1million for Swindon, despite only making seven first team appearances.

And while Tozer, now 19, has been a regular for the Tyneside outfit’s youth and reserve sides since joining, he has found it hard to establish himself in the first team picture and has just one start - in the Carling Cup - and a solitary substitute appearance to his name this season.

The Advertiser understands that Newcastle manager Chris Hughton would be willing to let the youngster leave the Toon on a free transfer as they bid to dramatically reduce their squad size and wage budget following last season’s relegation to the Championship.

And this has alerted Swindon to the possibility of the talented youngster making a return, with the most likely scenario being in a back-up role to current centre-half pairing Gordon Greer and Scott Cuthbert.

Town chairman Andrew Fitton played down the rumour yesterday, but admitted he knew that Tozer could depart St James’ Park on at least a temporary basis.

“We are aware that Ben is available on loan either now or in the future, but we are not short of centre-backs,” he told the Advertiser.

“To be honest, I don’t think I’ve seen Ben play and it is not an area we are urgently looking to strengthen, but what is increasingly happening in this league is there is a growing use of loans.

“I think Leicester’s side which won League One last season had five loan players in it, and that shows it can be a successful venture.

“It seems to be a growing trend and both Premier League and Championship sides have realised that they can give their young players good experience and a good learning environment by sending them to clubs at this level.”

"Were not short of centre backs"?

God i hope this doesnt happen, they let Morrison go out on loan and possibly attempt to get Tozer back?

Lunacy!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 10:29:45 by tans » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 10:30:14 »

Read the article, Tans. It goes on to say they've never seen him play and it is not an area they are looking to strengthen.
flammableBen

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 10:31:58 »

“We are aware that Ben is available on loan either now or in the future, but we are not short of centre-backs,” he told the Advertiser.

“To be honest, I don’t think I’ve seen Ben play and it is not an area we are urgently looking to strengthen, but what is increasingly happening in this league is there is a growing use of loans.

That doesn't seem that keen.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 10:33:02 »

The quotes in that story really, really don't match the actual content.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 10:35:54 »

I still wouldnt want it to happen though.

Tozer is dogshite

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 12:13:37 »

Wonder where this story comes from given the quotes don't seem to match the article!?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 12:15:58 »

The reporter's mind.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 12:28:18 »

Morrison > Tozer
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 12:31:18 »

Morrison > Tozer

Well, that'd be difficult to argue given his last two appearances at first team level - error leading to goal at Walsall, and first half sending off for Southend

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 13:10:16 »

Morrison > Tozer

agree but.morrison=fee tozer=free.kerching!!!
DMR

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 13:28:43 »

Morrison > Tozer

I'd say Morrison = Tozer, i.e. people use their youth as an excuse for actually they're both a little bit useless.

Get a wiley old pro in.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 13:39:42 »

There is only quotes from Fitton and the last time I looked it was actually Wilson that decided what players he wanted, and I don't think that a CB would be in his thoughts with Aljokefree & Morrison able to play there and LJF can move accross as well, more than likely a centre forward and a right winger he is after for when he sends back the other loan's
tans

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 13:41:56 »

Casal played for the stiffs to get match fitness for an impending return to the first team.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 13:46:14 »

The next person who uses "Aljokefree" should be banned.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 14:03:05 »

The next person who uses "Aljokefree" should be banned.

100% agreed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: