Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 111586 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 20:18:15 »

Haha we get all the attention on the mixed fans forums. If you think this is bad...
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #901 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 20:18:59 »

I cannot, for the free fucking life of me see why Crawley fans are posing on a Swindon v PNE thread telling everyone that no-one outside Swindon cares about Swindon.

That should find it's way into a verse in the 2012 Swindon (no one cares) remix of 'Ironic'.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 20:19:45 »

I can't believe the arrogance coming from a small club like Swindon.

Crawley were non-league 18 months ago. We still largely have an infrastructure that's non-league. But we're learning all the time and we're in the same division on you based on merit. You've had a seventeen year head start on us if you're really going on history and we're still in the same division as you. That's the reality. In fact, we're higher than you in the table!

We're proud of our non-league roots. I was just watching clips of when we beat Weymouth in our Southern League championship season of 2003/4. Trust me, that will live longer in the memory than beating your outfit in the FA Cup. Three promotions in eight years - we're the biggest non-league team in the Football League and proud of it.

You need to understand that you're a small club too. No-one outside of Swindon cares about Swindon Town. When the Dickanio circus act goes you'll be left with the same club you always had.

So you are like a shit Cheltenham then, if that isn't an oxymoron tautology.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 3, 2012, 20:25:20 by Batch » Logged
Dozno9

« Reply #903 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 20:19:46 »

Perhaps it' the new found fame I don't understand. It's like one day I opened up my curtains to see the worlds press outside my house taking photos, it takes some getting used to.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 3, 2012, 20:21:42 by Azza » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #904 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 20:22:08 »

Hee hee, Dickanio. Good one.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 20:22:14 »

So you are like a shit Cheltenham then, if that isn't an oxymoron.

Isn't that a tautology?  Smiley

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 20:23:54 »

Isn't that a tautology?  Smiley

Oh yeah, that as well.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 20:28:55 »

What a twat!!  
The mean reversion theory applies most of the time for football clubs with very few exceptions of teams making lasting step changes in their level.
We are essentially a comfortable 3rd tier team with odd forays into the 2nd division and when things are going really badly into the 4th.
Crawley are a non-league club enjoying their once in a generation (or in their case less frequent) time in the sun.  My chance our paths are crossing right now but it won't last.
The best case scenario for them is that they can develop to a stage like my local club and survive in the 4th tier through very good management, particularly off the field.  The worst case is that they follow the likes of Maidstone United (remember them?) and Rushden & Diamonds.  More likely they'll drift around conference national / south levels for many years to come.
No problem with them living their dream but why need to be totally moronic about it and attract ridicule!!!
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 20:30:06 »

Should take the interest from Preston, Crawley and co as a compliment I suppose. A sign of things to come, hopefully.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #909 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 20:32:46 »

We'll get no rest this week if we lose at Oxford.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 20:35:31 »

Crawley were non-league 18 months ago. We still largely have an infrastructure that's non-league. But we're learning all the time and we're in the same division on you based on merit. You've had a seventeen year head start on us if you're really going on history and we're still in the same division as you. That's the reality. In fact, we're higher than you in the table!

We're proud of our non-league roots. I was just watching clips of when we beat Weymouth in our Southern League championship season of 2003/4. Trust me, that will live longer in the memory than beating your outfit in the FA Cup. Three promotions in eight years - we're the biggest non-league team in the Football League and proud of it.

You need to understand that you're a small club too. No-one outside of Swindon cares about Swindon Town. When the Dickanio circus act goes you'll be left with the same club you always had.

Thats not true Oxford care about us, so much they pretend to hate us Cheesy
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #911 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 20:46:04 »

[url width=280 height=170]http://i.imgur.com/WkXwY.gif[/url]
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #912 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 22:28:12 »

Perhaps it' the new found fame I don't understand. It's like one day I opened up my curtains to see the worlds press outside my house taking photos, it takes some getting used to.

I was thinking this the other day. Ok we all know that we are the famous Swindon Town, but this new found national infamy takes some getting used to..... I quite like thinking that other teams dislike us / consider us rivals as it generally means that we must be doing pretty well at getting under their skin!

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #913 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 22:43:55 »

Can we leave off Crawley please....  I had to fucking live there.  Fortunately, I've escaped to East Grinstead.

Have you become a Scientologist ?...we could link this up with the thread about the Moonies.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #914 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 07:51:48 »

Yes we are a small club compared to teams in a higher league but we have a good league history with 3 football league championships, short time in the Premier League and a League Cup victory to our name and 5 visits to Wembley, how many football league titles or trophies do Crawley have? I forget now but I think its just the none isns't it?

As for no one cares about us, thats not true at all. Oxf*rd Utd, Reading, Gillingham, Bristol Shitty and Bristol Rovers will say that we are rivals, meaning that they are bothered by us.

How many rivals do Crawley have? oh thats right.....when asked in a poll who they consider rivals they said Swindon! so add to that list Crawley, as 2 of your trolls have proven that YOU fucking care or you wouldn't be posting poor wind-ups on OUR forum you would just go back to your non-league forum and spout crap on there like you have done for over a year now. Or should I say....all your football league life.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65   Go Up
Print
Jump to: