Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 65   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 111586 times)
STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #825 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:19:19 »

If this lad wants to stay at the club then this is not the way to go about it.

Funnily enough, his tweet has been removed.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #826 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:22:02 »

Well Conor Thompson should shut the fuck up. Young footballers are so fucking stupid, when the fuck will they learn!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #827 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:23:48 »

Calm the fuck down!

This is Swindon Town after all, with an Italian lunatic in charge..

People need to have a reality check...dont let a goal in for a few games and thump Stoke and suddenly we are going to piss the league and win everything???

The result and the manner of it has created a few hissy fits especially from people that dont ever go to games....

It will be ok...

Clems Army!
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #828 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:25:25 »

My reqal fear is that at some point Jeremy Wray asks Di Canio in to a meeting to explain himself and Di Canio starts talking about himself in the 3rd Person and saying "who are you, Roman Abramovich, you do not ask Paolo Di Canio to explain himself, I go home to Italy".

Can't imagine him bowing down to Jezza as his boss

Clap

Bathtime
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #829 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:26:31 »

Calm the fuck down!

People need to have a reality check...dont let a goal in for a few games and thump Stoke and suddenly we are going to piss the league and win everything???

The result and the manner of it has created a few hissy fits especially from people that dont ever go to games....

It will be ok...

This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #830 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:27:05 »

Interesting tweet by Conor Thompson:

"The Di Canio stories kept in the closet would shock you. #teamwez #truecolours #wakeup #abouttime"

He's deleted that pretty sharpish.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?

Ignore
« Reply #831 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:27:53 »

Thompson quit the club in the summer.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #832 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:30:15 »

Ignoring the wes debacle, the performance as a whole was obviously very poor. Rooney had a horrific first half.

Credit to Preston though, i though they played some decent stuff at times (which surprised me giving some of the stuff id read before the game) and were deserved winners. Think they will be up in the mix tbh.

Reality check but hopefully only a blip as the other games i have seen this season we have played very well!

Roll on oxford COYR
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:57:45 »

Calm the fuck down!

It will be ok...

A voice of reason.
There's not been many on here in the last 24 hours.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #834 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:19:09 »

Ignoring the wes debacle, the performance as a whole was obviously very poor. Rooney had a horrific first half.

Credit to Preston though, i though they played some decent stuff at times (which surprised me giving some of the stuff id read before the game) and were deserved winners. Think they will be up in the mix tbh.

Interesting you say that about Rooney (who looks and runs like a 12 year old and looked so out of his depth yesterday) I did think he at least tried which many didn't.

I actually think Preston didn't look great, a typical lower league team strong and a little dirty but I did think we were so poor we made them look alot better than they were.

But doesnt remove the fact that we singlarly failed to win any second balls yesterday which seemed to be the major problem.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #835 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:37:02 »

Interesting you say that about Rooney (who looks and runs like a 12 year old and looked so out of his depth yesterday) I did think he at least tried which many didn't.

I actually think Preston didn't look great, a typical lower league team strong and a little dirty but I did think we were so poor we made them look alot better than they were.

But doesnt remove the fact that we singlarly failed to win any second balls yesterday which seemed to be the major problem.
Tbf to rooney he did try ill give him that, probably a bit harsh to say he was horrific but he had a very poor game. I wouldn't have said they were that dirty, maybe once or twice but nothing out of he ordinary for this level and they seemed to want it a hell of a lot more which is why they won the second balls. They will be very good at home if they play like that every week
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #836 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 11:48:23 »

Calm the fuck down!

It will be ok...

What about a few "It will be OK...." T-shirts ?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #837 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 12:14:27 »

Just had a quick flick through the thread, apologies if I'm repeating what's already been said.

Not much to add on Wes/bottle/interview-gate, other than there's some degree of culpability on both sides and for the good of the club I hope the matter can be resolved soon. Fair play to Foderingham for hanging around after the game to sign fans' shirts for 15 mins or so, although I can't completely commend this act as it involved a load of our fans getting shirtless.

Obviously that has dominated discussion but otherwise that was the first time I'd seen Collins in the flesh and he impressed me, our best player yesterday imo.

Their number 17 was the best player on the pitch by a mile, caused us problems down both flanks. Bizarrely didn't win MOM.

Other than the football it was still a cracking weekend on the piss, not that Preston has got much to write home about. Long journey back after the game yesterday, God bless the M6 toll.
kerry red

« Reply #838 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 12:24:27 »

Be interesting to hear what PdC has to say on SSN later this lunchtime.

Hopefully he will have mellowed overnight and put a good bit of spin on it all.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 12:30:17 »

Be interesting to hear what PdC has to say on SSN later this lunchtime.

Hopefully he will have mellowed overnight and put a good bit of spin on it all.

I thought they meant they were just going to replay yesterday's interview for the 100th time.

Giving another interview today is surely just fuelling the media frenzy and I see no value in that whatsoever.  However if it happens, I hope to god somebody has had the sense to provide some advice on what he should and shouldn't say.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 65   Go Up
Print
Jump to: