Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 65   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 111588 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 09:34:43 »

Its a Creepy thing, they all seem to despise us, heres a few quotes from the Crawley forum.

Looks like we have someone else who considers us rivals.

I seem to dislike these little cunts more and more as time goes on
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #811 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 09:46:21 »

Taking on DiCanio was always going to be a gamble and I have nothing but respect for the board for taking this decision. It got us out of League 2 at the first attempt.

Everything is in place for us to kick on from here, especially with the board`s support. However DiCanio needs to be moved on now asap otherwise it will all end in tears and ultimately the club will suffer...no one individual is bigger than the club and I believe DiCanio thinks himself as beig untouchable. This is a dangerous situation as its the team who we need to win.

If anyone thinks that DiCanio will calm down in the near future, they are wrong....this really needs to be sorted out by Wray and quickly.

The expression sometimes used is `the manager`s lost the dressing room` well dont think that situation is very far off now.

It is a great shame but no one really can be surprised the ending would be dramatic....

Bathtime
kerry red

« Reply #812 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 09:48:39 »

Don't be an arse

Just another bump in the road
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 09:50:36 »

Don't be an arse

Yea right....

Bathtime
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 09:58:14 »

Don't be an arse

Agreed, last season we won the first game of the season then lost a few games, then we went on a long unbeaten run and ultimatly won the league. I never for one minute thought we'd walk this league (after all this is Swindon) we do have a chance of winning this league, but so do PNE, Franchise and possibly sheff u. It's a long slog, and hopefully this is a one off. PDC has a way deflecting attention away from poor performances from his players onto himself, if we're struggling by october then make a change but hopefully this is a minor blip and we'll hammer the filth from down the road and all will be fine. It's never easy being a Town, it's still to early to be having a meltdown.

At least we're not oxford.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #815 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 09:59:18 »

The best post so far in this thread.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:02:02 »

Yes

I don't agree with Paolo's treatment of Foderingham, but to argue 'to get rid' this early in the season when much has gone right so far is an overreaction. I blame the sensational reporting of the Adver myself

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:05:45 »

My reqal fear is that at some point Jeremy Wray asks Di Canio in to a meeting to explain himself and Di Canio starts talking about himself in the 3rd Person and saying "who are you, Roman Abramovich, you do not ask Paolo Di Canio to explain himself, I go home to Italy".

Can't imagine him bowing down to Jezza as his boss
STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:08:11 »

Interesting tweet by Conor Thompson:

"The Di Canio stories kept in the closet would shock you. #teamwez #truecolours #wakeup #abouttime"
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:08:36 »

Haven't been to a game yet this season, but have caught most of it on the radio.

All in all a decent start that has only been marred by PdC's handling of the media. I am sure the board will choose a moment when he is calm enough and have a quiet word. He is still a rookie manager in many ways, and I think will need to learn to control his temper during and after games or players won't respect him.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:11:21 »

"The Di Canio stories kept in the closet would shock you. #teamwez #truecolours #wakeup #abouttime"

Tell us what they are, or shut the fuck up. Don't just say I know something and then not tell the rest of us.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:12:28 »

Should he even be tweeting this? How much would a youth player actually know anyway?
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:12:38 »

Dont tell the adver that. The only thing we know for a fact is Di Canio led us to glory last season, its #teamswindon for me
Peter Venkman

« Reply #823 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:14:38 »

I see Mario Balotelli has mentioned him in a tweet "Paolo Di Canio subbed off his keeper and called him 'The worst player he has ever seen!, he clearly hasn't been to Anfield this season then?"

Yes

I don't agree with Paolo's treatment of Foderingham, but to argue 'to get rid' this early in the season when much has gone right so far is an overreaction. I blame the sensational reporting of the Adver myself
I agree, to say get rid of Paolo at this stage is fucking twattery in the extreme.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #824 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:15:43 »

Should he even be tweeting this? How much would a youth player actually know anyway?
If this lad wants to stay at the club then this is not the way to go about it.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 ... 65   Go Up
Print
Jump to: