Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 65   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 111585 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #795 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 08:29:12 »

He doesn't suffer fools and he fears no one.

Ego's mean fuck all to him.
This (and the rest of what you said) is on the face of it fair enough IF he applied the two lines I've quoted to himself. Sadly, one very massive ego means a huge amount to him - his own.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #796 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 08:30:35 »

Only just able to get round to posting after yesterday. Where to start.

We looked a little disjointed in the 1st couple of minutes and as the ball made its way back from a comfortable position up the field I commended the team for keeping hold of the ball for a couple of passes. At which point we panicked under pressure, passed the ball to Wes on his wrong foot (no excuse for this in my eyes, they know he's left footed) and we're 1 nil down. Few minutes later and we've clearly not recovered, Devera seems to think he's playing centre back as he's so far out of position he may as well not be on the pitch. Their left winger with all the time in the world centres the ball, 2-nil.

So we're 2 down due to 2 absolute gifts, neither of which were Wes' fault and Di Canio hauls Foderingham off as a punishment. Unbelievable, incredible and completely unfair on both Wes and young Leigh Bedwell.

The remainder of the game consisted of us being completely outplayed, outfought and outworked. McEverly seemed to me like he'd been on the piss all morning, he made to cracking last ditch tackles although these were after giving his man a 10 minute headstart as he thought about whether he could be arsed chasing him or not. Bessone must've been pissing himself.

The usually dependable and classy Alan McCormack looked like a headless chicken, a midfielder playing centre half for the 1st time. His distribution was appaling and a personal highlight was a bouncing ball near the left byline, on the half way line, that he hooked up into the sky and down into the centre circle.

The front 2 received absolutely zero service until Bostock came on, but both worked their arses off and deserve a bit of credit for that.

Miller and Navarro offered absolutely nothing as a midfield paring, they were dominated by their opposing numbers and couldn't find a red shirt when they had the ball.

De Vita took his goal really well and had a good game once he was switched to the left again.

Bostock looked excellent we he came on, tried to change the game and Preston couldn't handle him.

Ferry worked hard in his Cameo and added some dynamism we'd been missing in the middle of the park.

Oh, and mention too to Aiden Flint who was pretty solid at the back, dominated in the air although I haven't seen if it was his clearance that led to the 4th.

It was an extremely disappointing day out, very much after the lord mayors show. I was shocked that Di Canio (i assume) chose to send Wes and Rooney to sit in the stands, perhaps he's trying to bring them down a peg or two but that may be up there with the infamous Phil Brown on the pitch team talk.

I hope this is the kick up the arse the team need and a reality check for us fans. Theres a lot of work to be done and the team spirit is going to be tested to the full by this, make no mistake.

As I said to some bloke in the toilets at half time, at least it's never boring!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #797 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 08:37:32 »

Good job Connell took it like a man last season.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Dozno9

« Reply #798 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 08:40:48 »

Good job Connell took it like a man last season.

That's the difference in the 2 personalities, one was pissed off and was an adult about it and one was pissed off and a was a child.

This (and the rest of what you said) is on the face of it fair enough IF he applied the two lines I've quoted to himself. Sadly, one very massive ego means a huge amount to him - his own.

...and they don't come bigger than PDC's.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #799 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 08:54:14 »

Do people reckon Paolo ever looks back at what an arrogant egotistical tosser he was as a player.

Saw a clip of him playing for West Ham against Bradford and demanding Redknapp sub him because he didnt get a penalty decision he wanted!

Ignore
« Reply #800 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 08:54:49 »

Craig gordon is available.thought he was superb when he saw him play against arsenal a couple of years ago
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #801 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 09:03:56 »

Do people reckon Paolo ever looks back at what an arrogant egotistical tosser he was as a player.

Saw a clip of him playing for West Ham against Bradford and demanding Redknapp sub him because he didnt get a penalty decision he wanted!

Hes said in the past PDC the manager wouldnt take any of PDC the players shit.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #802 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 09:06:02 »

Wasn't that the game where he had 2 clear penalty decisions turned down prior to that, which is what prompted his unhappiness?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #803 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 09:15:23 »

This is the same cunt that came on here when Stoke drew level on Tuesday and then disappeared when we won isn't it?

Seems to have an unhealthy obsession. Very dull indeed.
Its a Creepy thing, they all seem to despise us, heres a few quotes from the Crawley forum.

I think someone asked recently who are our rivals. If the definition is one where immense pleasure is given when they are defeated, then Swindon are right up there. It's probably a mix of being very good at winning and managed by an idiot. A bit like other fans saw us under Evans

Given his comments after that game - I hope he's feeling smug sat 4 places below us

In your face Di Canio & your Swindon muppets!

this result made my day

Happy days!!!

a perfect end to the weekend

just read through (most of) the 43 pages on the swindon forum , very amusing ,I was gonna try and wind them up but there is no need ...
Di-canio is not very popular

soapy tit wank, always happy to laugh at Dickanio's hysterics in defeat

ZebeDi Canio also had to be restrained from having a go at a Preston fan who said something to him apparently. Heeza Crazy!
Sacked by Christmas?

Looks like we have someone else who considers us rivals.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #804 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 09:16:01 »

I just hope we stuff the Pox on Wednesday so everyone will forget about this.

If we don't, I can see it being thrown around as an excuse and it could have the potential to derail our season.
SwindonOldie

Ignore
« Reply #805 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 09:17:42 »

TJ2002

After reading loads of reviews on various sites yours was the closest to the way i viewed the match.One other thing - Rooney looked like a little boy lost,both on and off the pitch.
Dozno9

« Reply #806 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 09:19:46 »

Craig gordon is available.thought he was superb when he saw him play against arsenal a couple of years ago

He'd be a cracking addition to the squad.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #807 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 09:22:28 »

TJ2002

After reading loads of reviews on various sites yours was the closest to the way i viewed the match.One other thing - Rooney looked like a little boy lost,both on and off the pitch.

Yeah he looked a tad gormless trying to find a seat didn't he. Was strange him and Wes didn't find a seat together too. He was extremely ineffective on the left and looks like we need Gary Roberts to get himself fit asap.

Fair play to Preston as well who smelled blood and looked very good going forward. They'll be right up there come the end of the season
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #808 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 09:24:29 »

Has there been any word from Wes on all of this, anything on Twitter?

I have read the 20+ pages since I stopped listening after Paolo's interview and you would think this is the end of the club going by some of these posts.

I guess I am in the minority that still trust Paolo and his decisions, yes it was a bad piece of man management again by Paolo but this is how its going to be now, he is still the best man for the job IMO and I am confident that if Wes has a chat with him today then all will be sorted out.

Who knows maybe Wes will come back even better after all of this, if he doesn't then we move on, end of.

Wes is the best keeper we have had for years but Caddis was also the best RB we had for years and we moved on fine after his departure from the first team.

One good win on Wednesday will help soften the blow.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #809 on: Monday, September 3, 2012, 09:25:46 »

TJ2002

I'm not sure what's happened to Rooney.  When he first joined he looked a real threat and I thought he was going to turn out to be a really good signing.  It just seems to have gone all wrong for him and he looks all over the place when he features now.  

Wes is the best keeper we have had for years but Caddis was also the best RB we had for years and we moved on fine after his departure from the first team.

I think it's a bit early to say we've moved on fine since Caddis departure.  Ok, we did well in the first 4 games, but we've conceded 7 goals in the last 2 games.  I'm certainly not suggesting those goals wouldn't have been conceded had he been playing, but I'd be surprised if the departure of last season's captain on Friday hasn't had an impact on the players?

It's also interesting that Devera was one of the names Di Canio mentioned in the interview as possibly should have been dropped?
« Last Edit: Monday, September 3, 2012, 09:39:00 by joteddyred » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 65   Go Up
Print
Jump to: