Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 65   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 111588 times)
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:45:23 »

For all the good work done in the transfer window, not getting in a back up goalie was a major flaw. To not start Wes would have meant starting Bedwell instead, the internet may have broke if that happened.

Agreed! Is this something that will happen now after today? (bringing in a new GK)

#VivaKenBarlow!
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:45:32 »

The evidence suggests that these player fallouts just bring the others closer together.

Let's be honest, for lots of the more experienced players, this is their best chance to achieve real success in the game.

I think PDC falls out with those who think they have better options, situations that would occur anyway and his approach only expedites.
Talk Talk

« Reply #737 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:49:39 »

The evidence suggests that these player fallouts just bring the others closer together.

Let's be honest, for lots of the more experienced players, this is their best chance to achieve real success in the game.

I think PDC falls out with those who think they have better options, situations that would occur anyway and his approach only expedites.

Shit. My alter ego lives on the Internet.

That wasn't a poke at you by the way DV, I value your opinion. Yes, I'm in the happy minority.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:55:09 »

Roll Eyes

Ok, so you are mature beyond your years Dan...

Not Worthy

Well yeah but that wasnt the point.

Boate keeps mentioning Foderinghams age in every post - as if it makes some sort of difference that he's only 21.

Like 21 makes him some fragile kid who hasnt been out in the real world yet. He's a fully grown adult whose been involved in professional football for 3 years (plus a previous 9 coming up the ranks)

Whilst it will probably be the first time he's been taken off for poor performance and probably the first time a manager has criticed him so openly - I very much doubt it'll be the first time he's cocked up and had a bollocking.

21 is still an adult and isnt even that young in footballing terms either.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:55:47 »

Fuck me a freudian paradise here. We lost a game to a better team on the day ffs.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:58:12 »

Fuck me a freudian paradise here. We lost a game to a better team on the day ffs.
The man who missed the point.
Dozno9

« Reply #741 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:58:27 »

What happen with Wes had nothing to do with the result, we were fucked with in the first half Wes or no Wes PNE were the better team but today is not about the result.
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:59:31 »

Agreed! Is this something that will happen now after today? (bringing in a new GK)

Yes, while you were busy shitting yourself on the hard shoulder of the M6  Cheesy PdC said (ranted?) that he would ask the chairman to arrange a GK on loan. It wasn't clear if that was only if Wes didn't apologise though.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 22:01:42 »

The result and who we lost to has become largely irrelevant.  It's Foderinghamgate that's got this thread up to 48 pages.  Who did we play today?  Wink

edit:  Sorry we're up to 50 pages now!
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 22:03:22 »

Anyway, on to the football match today, goalkeepers aside, Jay Mac looked shaky at times, offered very little going forward and was possible his worse performance in a Town shirt, Devera much the same, Didn't look comfortable on the ball and involved in next to zero link up play. Alan McCormack wasn't at his best, tried to get in to the game a couple of times without really achieving very much. Aden Flint looked as if he offered more going forward than in defence today, for me he looked lethargic at times.

Rooney did little to convince me he can adequately cover for Ritchie, his tracking back today was very poor and offered little going forward, way to predictable. Raffa's one contribution to the game was his goal, he did not look a fraction of the player I have seen so far this season. Miller huffed and puffed with little end product, Navarro spent most of his time moaning at anyone that would listen.

On a more positive note, Bostock put a shift in over on the right, looked for passes and showed more effort than a majority of the above put together, Collins and Williams also tried off the very little service that they had, can't really fault their effort.

Only one mention on Goalkeepers, well done to Bedwell today, a strange way to be introduced to the game, couldn't do much about the goals and punched well enough.

Referee was useless today, most the PNE fans i witnessed really did look like a years worth of Jeremy Kyle 'guests', The Bovril tasted like liquid salt, and the M6 was rather unpleasant on the way home.

Onwards and upwards
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 22:06:21 »

The only part in all of this that I'm not happy with is Paolo wanting Fods to make a public apology. I think it's fine to make him apologise to his team mates for acting like a dick and apologise to the management for questioning their judgement in such a manner but I don't see the need to make him issue some kind of grovelling statement to the rest of us.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 22:09:12 »

I thought the game was going to be the low point of the day until I encountered the M6 southbound. That was brutal, miles and miles of tailbacks for no reason.

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 22:11:37 »

The m6 is the worst road in britain imo. Fucking hate it and have had some long nights stuck on it.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 22:13:51 »

Picking up on the comments about McEveley, I think he's looked decidely sluggish in all the games I've seen him play in this season (all at home).  Some of his passing is atrocious and at times he'll wimp out of a challenge.  However, if I'm honest, I didn't think he was as great as some were making out at the end of last season.  He was just a bit better than Cibo and Kennedy.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 22:16:56 »

The man who missed the point.

I'm fully aware of the other issues, but everyone seems to know exactly what did and what should happen next, whilst actually knowing fuck all as usual.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 65   Go Up
Print
Jump to: