Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 65   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 111586 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:30:21 »

Good god, I've just spent christ knows how long reading this lot. Some of you need a take a day or two away from this forum. For your own sakes.

(Thanks for the summaries though)
Of course, you know there's no possibility of that happening Cool
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:30:47 »

So you've based a long winded shite filled post without seeing flints terror play McCormicks inability to track a man stood next to him, see PdC haul off WF for a pub keeper and then write a post about it.
Congrats, you have less than half a brain.

If WF wasn't up to it, why not bring a GK in on Friday rather than players who couldn't even make the bench

How do you know that Bedwell is a pub player, didn't you leave at half time
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:32:26 »

There was only 10,000 there.

And only 9,999 after half time apparently incidentally how many time were there?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:33:07 »

Been back a while and what a shite day literally. To go from the highs of Tuesday this really was a low, classic STFC!!!

I've seen some bad performances in my time including Forest 7-1 and Ipswich 6-0, but that first half from the 'quality' of player that we have here now but this was right up there.

The whole Foderingham thing is another something the press will be all over to add to Clarke, Caddis et al and it's pretty piss poor IMO. If PdC felt like Foderingham had made mistakes at Stoke and gotten arrogant then drop him before the game, not 20 minutes into the first half and 2-0 down. The board need to nip this in the bud quickly. I could go on, but it's been a bad weekend had the shits all day so not happy to be stuck in traffic on the M6 on the way home either  Bad Mood

Onwards to Wednesday...

#VivaKenBarlow!
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:34:49 »

20 minute substitutions are rare but PDC has made, I reckon, close to ten first half substitutions over the past year.

I genuinely thought he was going to bring on Bostock for Rooney after 10 minutes. He should have done, because Rooney was doing an impersonation of a footballer today. Genuinely think he can only be truly effective as an impact sub.

Almost as rare as a 20 minute substitution is winning a Championship, reaching a Wembley final and knocking six teams from higher divisions out of cups in your first 12 months as manager.

With big ups, come big downs, but surely the ends are justifying the means?
Talk Talk

« Reply #725 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:35:44 »

So you've based a long winded shite filled post without seeing flints terror play McCormicks inability to track a man stood next to him, see PdC haul off WF for a pub keeper and then write a post about it.
Congrats, you have less than half a brain.

If WF wasn't up to it, why not bring a GK in on Friday rather than players who couldn't even make the bench

I was there on Tuesday and I know what I saw. One of the best performances and compelling matches in my time following Town.

You miss the point old bean. Paolo has brought us success with his managerial style and flair (fuck the moaners on RS going on about lack of "man management skills"). Promotion from L2. Beating Wigan. JPT final. Rolling Stoke over. This is how he is. Would you rather have Malpas or Paul Hart? Jeez.

The last time I checked I had a full cranium.

Have you started drinking cider btw? It was my downfall. The semen of satan that stuff xxx
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #726 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:35:59 »

Wes apologise?Huh?!!! And ur Ok with that???!!! This is a young lad who has been a gun and has now been humiliated and ur siding with pdc... Ur off ur rocker. Young people make mistakes (Alan mcs fault anyway for the first??!) and a 40 year old expects an apology? Delusional

I loved PdC. Today I lost all faith. He might as well be McMahon. In fact, that was McMahon management.

So so disappointed to say it but I can't see a difference between PdC and McMahon after today.

And from that point, it can't get any lower
You mate have been a total prick with all of this talk of humiliation. Wes was substituted. It was the wrong decision but no more humiliating than if a midfielder had been substituted. Wes appears to have been getting a little arrogant and over confident lately with talk of England under 21's and the Olympics squad. I reiterate that he should not have been subbed as it was a waste but he was poor today and not much better against Stoke.
Flashheart

« Reply #727 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:37:42 »

If PdC felt like Foderingham had made mistakes at Stoke and gotten arrogant then drop him before the game,

For all the good work done in the transfer window, not getting in a back up goalie was a major flaw. To not start Wes would have meant starting Bedwell instead, the internet may have broke if that happened.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:38:33 »

Why is Foderinghams age so important to the argument?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:42:03 »

but surely the ends are justifying the means?

Possibly, jury is out long term on whether constant fallouts will separate the wheat from the chaff, or whether it will bring us meltdown. If its the former I can't see anything but praise and admission of PDC being right all along.

What is important though is while things like this piss me off, I will be singing Paolo's name and cheering him and the team on. Not sitting there waiting for someone to mess up to make it easy to have a pop.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:43:07 »

But we all know that 20 minute substitutions are rare as rocking horse shit ( PDCs aside). This was clearly an abnormal substitution.

However of course reacting to it was wrong too.

They are rare, yes...but Wes saw it happen a few times last year, and in the past we've seen a substitute substituted without any uproar...
Talk Talk

« Reply #731 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:43:16 »

Why is Foderinghams age so important to the argument?

Roll Eyes

Ok, so you are mature beyond your years Dan...

Not Worthy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:44:34 »

They are rare, yes...but Wes saw it happen a few times last year, and in the past we've seen a substitute substituted without any uproar...

I think that there was a fair bit of uproar at Connells substitutions after 20 minutes. Boos from the crowd and internet discussions. But not quite as much as Wes admittedly.
Flashheart

« Reply #733 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:44:47 »

Roll Eyes

Ok, so you are mature beyond your years Dan...

Not Worthy

He's got a point though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:44:50 »

For all the good work done in the transfer window, not getting in a back up goalie was a major flaw. To not start Wes would have meant starting Bedwell instead, the internet may have broke if that happened.

You also have to take into account none of us have EVER seen Bedwell play.

Perhaps he's a damn fine keeper and Paolo and his staff think he's good enough to play second choice to Wes.

Although if truth be told I'd like to have seen a more experienced second choice keeper but again I doubt any of us know how good Bedwell is.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 65   Go Up
Print
Jump to: