Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 65   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 111586 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #705 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:16:33 »

Ha ha

Boeta's on a proper meltodown
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #706 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:17:33 »

Fuck me. Having read this thread end to end, yet again I know why I don't bother coming on here very often.

What a bunch of drama queens, honestly (not everybody, notably Huwwy and that other bloke). Sure, everybody has an opinion that they have a right to, but come on.

We all know what Paolo is like. He wears his heart on his sleeve and will say it like it is. That's called being honest. He is incapable of diplomacy and when we are doing well we love it. When we fuck up everybody hates it. You can't choose between a loud Paolo and an a quiet Paolo. So get used to it if you haven't already.

Fod was a bit shite at Stoke and today (ok, I wasn't there but heard the commentary) he cocked up. He is 20 (21?) and has had the fans lauding him for getting on for a year so I can believe that he is getting somewhat arrogant without serious competition for his place. Nobody is guaranteed a place in Paolo's team and even the goalie is not exempt. Fair play to the manager for subbing him, he has made a statement which a couple of years ago everyone would have wet themselves over. Some players have come to learn what this style of management is about and are better for it. I give you Simon Ferry.

Brighton --> Hartlepool, Stoke --> Preston. Yes, I think we can see that. The team are not fucking supermen and if they think they are then this manager is the right person to administer the reality check. He even said that he had got it wrong today. Give him his due, he did. He should have learnt after Brighton.

Forward and on. A good match and a win on Wednesday followed by a bounce back against Orient on Saturday and we are back on track. With or without Foderingham. Nobody is bigger than the team.
Good points here.

Cannot believe how fickle people are. On Wednesday, Paolo was God and we needed West Ham to sign Carroll to make sure Allardyce didn't get the sack.

By Monday, he is the devil reincarnate because he thinks there is a 21 year old with an attitude problem in his team and he wants the issue dealt with immediately.

Truth surely needs to lie between the two.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #707 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:19:42 »

If there's an attitude problem, deal with it on friday, not 17 minutes
Into the game on Sunday. That is called management, or a horrific lack lf
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:20:10 »

Fuck me. Having read this thread end to end, yet again I know why I don't bother coming on here very often.

What a bunch of drama queens, honestly (not everybody, notably Huwwy and that other bloke). Sure, everybody has an opinion that they have a right to, but come on.

We all know what Paolo is like. He wears his heart on his sleeve and will say it like it is. That's called being honest. He is incapable of diplomacy and when we are doing well we love it. When we fuck up everybody hates it. You can't choose between a loud Paolo and an a quiet Paolo. So get used to it if you haven't already.

Fod was a bit shite at Stoke and today (ok, I wasn't there but heard the commentary) he cocked up. He is 20 (21?) and has had the fans lauding him for getting on for a year so I can believe that he is getting somewhat arrogant without serious competition for his place. Nobody is guaranteed a place in Paolo's team and even the goalie is not exempt. Fair play to the manager for subbing him, he has made a statement which a couple of years ago everyone would have wet themselves over. Some players have come to learn what this style of management is about and are better for it. I give you Simon Ferry.

Brighton --> Hartlepool, Stoke --> Preston. Yes, I think we can see that. The team are not fucking supermen and if they think they are then this manager is the right person to administer the reality check. He even said that he had got it wrong today. Give him his due, he did. He should have learnt after Brighton.

Forward and on. A good match and a win on Wednesday followed by a bounce back against Orient on Saturday and we are back on track. With or without Foderingham. Nobody is bigger than the team.
Thanks for the reassurance. Just out of interest, how long do you think you can carry on saying....nobody is bigger than the team...Caddis has gone...Foderingham has gone if he doesn't 'apologize', who is next? McEveley? Ritchie? Williiams? who the fuck knows? In case you hadn't noticed, these players are on contracts. Every time we fuck them off because they're 'not bigger than the team' it's costing shit loads of money. It can't (and won't) go on indefinitely. It's going to come to a head sooner rather than later.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #709 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:20:16 »

So you've based a long winded shite filled post without seeing flints terror play McCormicks inability to track a man stood next to him, see PdC haul off WF for a pub keeper and then write a post about it.
Congrats, you have less than half a brain.

If WF wasn't up to it, why not bring a GK in on Friday rather than players who couldn't even make the bench

So far in this thread you've come dangerously close to making good points which would provoke serious discussion, but have let petty squabbling get in the way. Talk Talk made some good counter points, you seem to have reasonable counter arguments, but instead your post is dominated with the opinion that Talk Talk posts shite and has less than half a brain.

Oh, and whoever called Bedwell a pub keeper - bit harsh. He did ok given the circumstances.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #710 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:21:51 »

"attitude problem" is a tad strong isn't it. I don't think this is a Caddis situation, and whilst he didn't hae his best game at Stoke I don't think his attitude was in question.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #711 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:22:33 »

Ha ha

Boeta's on a proper meltodown

Ha you get wound up because the local journo isn't writing your favourite headlines. I'm disappointed because a 21 year old has been needlessly
hung out to dry in front of 15,000 people
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #712 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:23:48 »

There was only 10,000 there.

Never knowingly overstated.
Flashheart

« Reply #713 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:23:52 »

This is ace
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #714 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:24:03 »

It's not losing that bothers me,it's the way a 21 yr old who has helped make u in unfairly publicly humiliated

I can take losing, I'm a Swindon fan

You could argue, of course, that Wes was simply substituted, which is the manager's right. If he'd just walked off, things might have been different.

The thing is, he is 21 and being subbed is probably the biggest adversity he has had to face, certainly at STFC...he handled it badly, basically.
Flashheart

« Reply #715 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:25:33 »

There was only 10,000 there.

33% less humiliation.  Wink
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #716 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:26:05 »

The substitution was daft on footballing levels. It meant we were unable to make a third attacking substitution when we were chasing the game badly.

But if Foderingham does what any other player does when subbed...walk off, sit down, watch the game...I don't think there's a problem. Kicking water bottles and storming down the tunnel creates a big, and potentially, unresolvable problem. No player is above getting subbed, yet Foderingham's reaction suggested he thought he was. That is surely wrong, regardless of whether the decision had any merit or not. Look at Connell last season.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #717 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:26:55 »

Good god, I've just spent christ knows how long reading this lot. Some of you need a take a day or two away from this forum. For your own sakes.

(Thanks for the summaries though)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #718 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:27:26 »

33% less humiliation.  Wink

80% bollocks.  

Certainly up to that quota today.  Its only a football match.

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #719 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:29:15 »

You could argue, of course, that Wes was simply substituted, which is the manager's right.

But we all know that 20 minute substitutions are rare as rocking horse shit ( PDCs aside). This was clearly an abnormal substitution.

However of course reacting to it was wrong too.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 65   Go Up
Print
Jump to: