Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 65   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 111593 times)
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:51:41 »

The dramatic win on Tuesday and the influx of signings on Friday created understandably massive hype amongst both the fans and also, I suspect, the players.

Today was a reality check of the highest order.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:53:29 »

keepers rowing with their defenders is completely normal. Happens all the time. My point stands although I see where you are coming from

Schmeichel used to verbally destroy his defenders week in week out

Personally I don't think the arguments were Wes fault -
I counted six players going spare at him before he was subbed -
For a goal Alan mc could easily have prevented - if that is the right culture then I've got no interest in it
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:53:35 »

The dramatic win on Tuesday and the influx of signings on Friday created understandably massive hype amongst both the fans and also, I suspect, the players.

Today was a reality check of the highest order.

Agree with that, can you imagine the meltdown that would occur if we lose to the yellow filth on Wednesday?
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #693 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:56:00 »

The worst piece of management I have ever seen.

Left at half time (wanted to leave as soon a it happened) not because of the result but because of you treat a 21 year old who has been so instrumental in your own success like that, it is truly despicable

I'll still go but only when I'm going to see my mates or a good all-dayer

Went from the best night as a town fan on sun to genuinely the worst today
jesus mate, what kind of fan are you. Paolo went over the top but so have you!
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:58:12 »

Agree with that, can you imagine the meltdown that would occur if we lose to the yellow filth on Wednesday?

It's not losing that bothers me,it's the way a 21 yr old who has helped make u in unfairly publicly humiliated

I can take losing, I'm a Swindon fan
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:01:11 »

jesus mate, what kind of fan are you. Paolo went over the top but so have you!

One that has some principles on how you shouldn't treat peoole like shit to indulge your own ego
RedLadyBucks

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:04:20 »

It's not losing that bothers me,it's the way a 21 yr old who has helped make u in unfairly publicly humiliated

I can take losing, I'm a Swindon fan

I totally agree with you, just got back from the match and Paolo has gone OTT on this one and overreacted in the heat of the moment.  There were a number of players "at fault" for the first 2 goals.  I just hope this does not precipitate Wes leaving, he's the best keeper we've had in years and we need him at the back.
Talk Talk

« Reply #697 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:05:11 »

Fuck me. Having read this thread end to end, yet again I know why I don't bother coming on here very often.

What a bunch of drama queens, honestly (not everybody, notably Huwwy and that other bloke). Sure, everybody has an opinion that they have a right to, but come on.

We all know what Paolo is like. He wears his heart on his sleeve and will say it like it is. That's called being honest. He is incapable of diplomacy and when we are doing well we love it. When we fuck up everybody hates it. You can't choose between a loud Paolo and an a quiet Paolo. So get used to it if you haven't already.

Fod was a bit shite at Stoke and today (ok, I wasn't there but heard the commentary) he cocked up. He is 20 (21?) and has had the fans lauding him for getting on for a year so I can believe that he is getting somewhat arrogant without serious competition for his place. Nobody is guaranteed a place in Paolo's team and even the goalie is not exempt. Fair play to the manager for subbing him, he has made a statement which a couple of years ago everyone would have wet themselves over. Some players have come to learn what this style of management is about and are better for it. I give you Simon Ferry.

Brighton --> Hartlepool, Stoke --> Preston. Yes, I think we can see that. The team are not fucking supermen and if they think they are then this manager is the right person to administer the reality check. He even said that he had got it wrong today. Give him his due, he did. He should have learnt after Brighton.

Forward and on. A good match and a win on Wednesday followed by a bounce back against Orient on Saturday and we are back on track. With or without Foderingham. Nobody is bigger than the team.
Flashheart

« Reply #698 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:07:24 »

One that has some principles on how you shouldn't treat peoole like shit to indulge your own ego

I think you need to chill a bit.

I think it's possible PDC may have made the right call ( the rant was OTT though) that doesn't make me unprincipled. And if he did make the wrong call, how was it to indulge his ego?
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:09:27 »

Have to wonder if Wes' ego came to the fore today. Been very happy to accept all the well deserved plaudits for his clean sheet records and all the kind comments coming his way. Today though his manager substituted him and his reaction seemed to show that it should be completely out of the question. Compare him to Connell last season. Why should he or anyone else be exempt from being subbed? Kicking water bottles to show your displeasure should not be accepted.

Though to be balanced we could say the same about Paolo banging the dugout wall once a game in frustration.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:09:50 »

The "Wes would be nothing...I (not the club) brought him here" thing was very egotistical in my eyes. Just my opinion like, might not have been meant that way (why do I feel the need for this disclaimer).
RedLadyBucks

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:12:46 »

Paolo needs a minder in the dugout to tell him when to keep his mouth shut and what not to do - I would like to volunteer before he alienates the whole team/fans/has a stroke
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:13:43 »

Fuck me. Having read this thread end to end, yet again I know why I don't bother coming on here very often.

What a bunch of drama queens, honestly (not everybody, notably Huwwy and that other bloke). Sure, everybody has an opinion that they have a right to, but come on.

We all know what Paolo is like. He wears his heart on his sleeve and will say it like it is. That's called being honest. He is incapable of diplomacy and when we are doing well we love it. When we fuck up everybody hates it. You can't choose between a loud Paolo and an a quiet Paolo. So get used to it if you haven't already.

Fod was a bit shite at Stoke and today (ok, I wasn't there but heard the commentary) he cocked up. He is 20 (21?) and has had the fans lauding him for getting on for a year so I can believe that he is getting somewhat arrogant without serious competition for his place. Nobody is guaranteed a place in Paolo's team and even the goalie is not exempt. Fair play to the manager for subbing him, he has made a statement which a couple of years ago everyone would have wet themselves over. Some players have come to learn what this style of management is about and are better for it. I give you Simon Ferry.

Brighton --> Hartlepool, Stoke --> Preston. Yes, I think we can see that. The team are not fucking supermen and if they think they are then this manager is the right person to administer the reality check. He even said that he had got it wrong today. Give him his due, he did. He should have learnt after Brighton.

Forward and on. A good match and a win on Wednesday followed by a bounce back against Orient on Saturday and we are back on track. With or without Foderingham. Nobody is bigger than the team.

So you've based a long winded shite filled post without seeing flints terror play McCormicks inability to track a man stood next to him, see PdC haul off WF for a pub keeper and then write a post about it.
Congrats, you have less than half a brain.

If WF wasn't up to it, why not bring a GK in on Friday rather than players who couldn't even make the bench
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:13:56 »

He has a point. He went from loan spells at Hitchin and being third choice at Palace to week-in, week-out games in League Two.

Don't think Paolo ever expresses himself that well to be honest. The combination of it being a second language and his brain working faster than his mouth can be a dodgy mix.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 21:16:28 »

Two arguments I've seen so far:

A. Might have been the right call - for a
Pub keeper who was at fault for the 3rd?!

B. Wes has let it go to his head
- bring a keeper in rather than Coke?!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 65   Go Up
Print
Jump to: