Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 65   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 111588 times)

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:28:57 »

I see nothing wrong with the keeper being pissed off with getting subbed so soon. Would be worse if he showed no reaction. Di canio should appreciate that. Whether he does or not is another thing
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:29:14 »

I'd rather have Paolo in charge than Malpas looking confused and Ade Williams beside him 'windmilling'.. oh the memories

And I'd have PdC's interviews over Paul 'didn't realise we had to try and score more than them to win' Hart any day. Yes, Paolo's a mentalist, but he's our mentalist!!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:31:22 »

Bit bemused by the PNE fans' response. They moan that nobody's given them credit for the win... We looked like a pub team at times. Genuinely couldn't believe how dreadful we were right from the very first minute. I'd give Preston 7/10, as they'd need much better opposition or a double-figure scorline to warrant anything higher. They might be a good team destined for promotion, or they might be play-offs-at-best. Hard to tell when we didn't put them to the test.

As for McEveley, perhaps Paolo shouldn't have said what he did in the post match interview, but he was spot on in his assessment. Absolutely dreadful performance. I was stood next to a Wolves fan who said the ref could do us a favour by sending him off. Sadly, McEveley was far from the only one who was sub-par today.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:32:34 »

I see nothing wrong with the keeper being pissed off with getting subbed so soon. Would be worse if he showed no reaction. Di canio should appreciate that. Whether he does or not is another thing

Are you deliberately missing the point? Paolo was furious because of the way Wes responded to his team mates, both today and at Stoke, not the way he reacted to the substitution (although that might not have helped).
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:32:55 »

We  just got kicked in the nuts, it hurts but after time we'll recover we'll bounce back, I don't want to be Oxford. Hopefully we'll give them a pasting.
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:33:37 »

During the 2010/11 relegation season, people on this board were crying out for someone to install total discipline, someone to improve the culture that existed within in the dressing room. Now we have that person, we feel uncomfortable with his willingness to drive that home regardless of the individual.

When Paul Hart refused to give straight answers in post-match interviews, there was uproar at the lack of openness. Now we have someone transparent and we don't always like that either.

All that we should judge PDC on are his results. Today we were thoroughly outplayed by Preston but we are P6 W4 D1 L1. He shouldn't compromise his approach that had delivered faultless outcomes for a year now.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:34:15 »

BTW can someone explain what the PNE players were doing on the touchline at the start of each half - odd.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:40:26 »

So 44 pages and not one person has said fair play Preston, they played us off the park. Some people need a fucking grip on things. Di Canio has annoyed me this week, Firstly with one of the best results in our history quip, really Paolo?
Secondly comparing us to Barcelona, really Paolo?
Now this today with yet another player Stop believing the hype and dont expect to walk the division, Tef is dangerously close to waccoe territory.

Your first point is definitely a fair one Mex. We as fans tend to be totally obsessed by our own team. I just think today that events overtook us with the what is by now the infamous Foderingham substitution. Also, we were pretty shit away from home on quite a number of occasions last season (Aldershot, Crewe, Oxford). This is of some concern to me and you tend to get wrapped up in that and forget that there were, in fact, two teams on the pitch. So just for the record - well played Preston.

Next point - PDC saying that the Stoke win was one of the best in the club's history - well...yes...it was. How many times have we won away to a team in the top division? We only did it once even when we were in the PL so I don't see a problem with that statement?

Next..comparing us to Barcelona...that's Paolo. No one takes that seriously do they? Anyone who does, you just have to feel sorry for them don't you?

Your last point..I don't quite understand it to be honest. You might want to try re-typing it or something.

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:42:25 »

During the 2010/11 relegation season, people on this board were crying out for someone to install total discipline, someone to improve the culture that existed within in the dressing room. Now we have that person, we feel uncomfortable with his willingness to drive that home regardless of the individual.

When Paul Hart refused to give straight answers in post-match interviews, there was uproar at the lack of openness. Now we have someone transparent and we don't always like that either.

All that we should judge PDC on are his results. Today we were thoroughly outplayed by Preston but we are P6 W4 D1 L1. He shouldn't compromise his approach that had delivered faultless outcomes for a year now.

Well said.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:44:14 »

who was the embarassing (to say the least) town fan on 606 that couldnt speak properly. ummmm ummmm yeh so the keeper made a bad clearance and he got subbed for it.  
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #685 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:44:15 »

Your last point..I don't quite understand it to be honest. You might want to try re-typing it or something.

He's saying yet another public rant about a player. Stop believing our own hype because we will not walk the division. This forum is nearly akin to the one for Leeds fans.

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:46:28 »

Are you deliberately missing the point? Paolo was furious because of the way Wes responded to his team mates, both today and at Stoke, not the way he reacted to the substitution (although that might not have helped).
keepers rowing with their defenders is completely normal. Happens all the time. My point stands although I see where you are coming from
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:48:00 »

who was the embarassing (to say the least) town fan on 606 that couldnt speak properly. ummmm ummmm yeh so the keeper made a bad clearance and he got subbed for it.  
how dare you mock my speech impediment
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:49:29 »

how dare you mock my speech impediment

if that was you, you deserve more grief than di canio for his interview
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:50:11 »

He's saying yet another public rant about a player. Stop believing our own hype because we will not walk the division. This forum is nearly akin to the one for Leeds fans.
I don't think it is. I think in general that Town fans are far too self deprecating/realistic/superstitious/down right negative for that to be true.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 65   Go Up
Print
Jump to: