Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 65   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 111595 times)
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:02:06 »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh - it's lucky I'm not suicidal
curry has arrived - bye
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:02:08 »

Pdc can and has built a league winning team but can he keep a winning team together. That's my only concern with pdc. Wes should be back between the sticks in wednesday or this will rumble in. What will happen if we lose against the pox. It was just the jpt against a tinpot club but now it's become a lot more important.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:03:22 »

To save me reading all 44 (soon to be 45 pages), could somebody sum this thread up in no more than 3 bullets please....

I think one to the head should do it for most people.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:03:35 »

To save me reading all 44 (soon to be 45 pages), could somebody sum this thread up in no more than 3 bullets please....

* Lost 4-1, Paolo subbed Fods after 20. Slated him as arrogant in post match interview and issued "apologise or you are out" ultimatum.

* Some people thought Paolo was being a dick.

* Some didn't
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:07:26 »

Which Paolo did today when he walked over to the away end at the final whistle, and mouthed/indicated something along the lines of 'my faul not theirs' or something to that effect.

And he made the effort to walk over to the fans which is actually more than the majority of the players did! Who hovered around the half way line and then walked off.

And then slated half the team on the radio, naming individuals as being rubbish, arrogant unprofessional etc.  Hardly a morale boost.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:07:51 »

Pdc can and has built a league winning team but can he keep a winning team together. That's my only concern with pdc. Wes should be back between the sticks in wednesday or this will rumble in. What will happen if we lose against the pox. It was just the jpt against a tinpot club but now it's become a lot more important.

At £19 a ticket I expect us to have a go.

Now, ain't that just like me?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:10:44 »

And then slated half the team on the radio, naming individuals as being rubbish, arrogant unprofessional etc.  Hardly a morale boost.

After the way they performed today I am not sure they need a morale boost, the best I could say is that they were still knackered from Tuesday night!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:13:41 »

At £19 a ticket I expect us to have a go.

* Lost 4-1, Paolo subbed Fods after 20. Slated him as arrogant in post match interview and issued "apologise or you are out" ultimatum.

* Some people thought Paolo was being a dick.

* Some didn't

Adver is made for you Batch Cheesy
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:16:23 »

Back in 85/86, the last season we played Preston, they were the worst team I've ever seen, and would have been Conference bound...if relegation had been in place back then.

In the home game, we were so much better than them, that at one point Chris Ramsey put his foot on the ball and started doing up his bootlace which had come undone, he had time to complete it, before nicking the ball away from the norverner who tried in vain to tackle him.  Macari went ballistic at Rambo, saying that this kind of showboating would just motivate Preston players and fans for the home game...we won that 3-0 anyway.

Norverners have long memories, perhaps Lou was right....just 26 years late.

Heh! heh! I was at that game...If Di Canio was manager he would probably have kicked Ramsey out the club. Macari presumably just gave Ramsey a bit of a bollocking.

Thinking about it, why can't Di Canio go with the 'bit of a bollocking' strategy?? No public aplologies involved, just 'a bit of a bollocking'. Then the next day we all move on...what's wrong with that?? I'm sure that's how it used to work.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:20:31 »

I can't stop thinking about some of the shit performances I've witnessed in recent years and how Paolo reacted to the performance/result today. I reckon he'd have had some of the shit we've had play for us up against a firing squad.

aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:22:04 »

Christ, imagine him managing David Prutton and Michael Rose.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:23:27 »

I'd rather have Paolo in charge than Malpas looking confused and Ade Williams beside him 'windmilling'.. oh the memories
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:25:44 »

PDC & man managment do not go together we know that

Wes was wrong with his reaction - appologise

This will be a big week after paolo's meltdown to see how the players respond
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:27:50 »

I was one of the more vociferous when Paolo was appointed but despite some truly bizarre moments, there's no doubt in my mind that he's the right man for the job and the best Town manager of my era.

Pete

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 20:28:12 »

Heh! heh! I was at that game...If Di Canio was manager he would probably have kicked Ramsey out the club. Macari presumably just gave Ramsey a bit of a bollocking.

Thinking about it, why can't Di Canio go with the 'bit of a bollocking' strategy?? No public aplologies involved, just 'a bit of a bollocking'. Then the next day we all move on...what's wrong with that?? I'm sure that's how it used to work.

I remember that incident too and the cheer Rambo got from the Town End/Stratton Bank. I always thought it was v Port Vale, my memory is going, so thanks Reg.
I think Lou fined him and that was the end of it.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 65   Go Up
Print
Jump to: