Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 65   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 111588 times)
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:20:55 »

c ya wednesday Smug Fuck Off

You've got us good there.
kerry red

« Reply #601 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:21:23 »

Don't get me wrong, but sometimes I feel PdC is like one of my teeth

I know one day it's going to give me pain and think I might like to get rid of it before it does

Why cant we just get a defeat, feel a bit pissed off, and then get on with things.

Why does it always have to be so dramatic?
Flashheart

« Reply #602 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:24:11 »

Effective? Perhaps in the wrong sense, but anyone who can see any kind of positive out of the situation today is a bit deluded I think.

I think a L2 championship, cup final and beating teams in higher leagues is effective, and, not in the wrong sense.

PDC may have got it wrong today, but he's done pretty fucking well so far and his demanding nature is very much a part of that. And besides, this may just be the kick up the backside that Wes (allegedly) needs. It'd be good to have 'Super Wes' in goal, and not just 'Wes'.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:25:22 »

Effective? Perhaps in the wrong sense, but anyone who can see any kind of positive out of the situation today is a bit deluded I think.
If you call a Championship, a trip to wembley and numerous higher league opposition scalps the 'wrong' kind of effective, I think it may be you that's deluded.
Di Canio has a rant, we lose a game and the usual suspects do what comes naturally. PdC's made mistakes in the past and no doubt he'll make more in the future, but if you compare his failings to his achievements, who wouldn't want him here? Best thing to do, imho, is let it die down, don't get hysterical and fan the flames.

It's All Good..............
DRS

« Reply #604 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:26:08 »

Not deluded,are you saying it hasnt been effective so far
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:27:04 »

Funny, I've just come back on after leaving about 15 mins before the game finished and read all this about Wes blaming others because at Stoke, before all of this, I noticed a bit of an altercation between Wes and McCormick right in front of us in the first half.

The ball comes over the top on the edge of the 6 yard box, West stays on his line, we look shaky but eventually clear it away. Wes says something to McCormick who never exactly shy and McCormick goes mental at him pointing to the edge of the 6 yard box as if to say "Are you fucking kidding me? There!? That should be yours all day long"

There could be something in this if Wes is arguing with Andy Williams who's miles away...if you make a mistake, stop blaming other people.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:31:21 »

In hindsight, I'm going to pretend this afternoon never happened.

After all I'm sure it won't matter a fucking jot when we're Champions at the end of May :-)
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:32:45 »

Funny, I've just come back on after leaving about 15 mins before the game finished and read all this about Wes blaming others because at Stoke, before all of this, I noticed a bit of an altercation between Wes and McCormick right in front of us in the first half.

The ball comes over the top on the edge of the 6 yard box, West stays on his line, we look shaky but eventually clear it away. Wes says something to McCormick who never exactly shy and McCormick goes mental at him pointing to the edge of the 6 yard box as if to say "Are you fucking kidding me? There!? That should be yours all day long"

There could be something in this if Wes is arguing with Andy Williams who's miles away...if you make a mistake, stop blaming other people.

So he DID sign for us?! Paolo/Wray out! 
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:35:10 »

Paolo is Paolo

24 hours ago, most on this site loved him for it.

He's a bit mad, but look where we are now, compared to where we were then Huh?
Who would rather be in L2 with a boring manager.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of people on this forum that have been waiting for a chance to turn on him

Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:39:59 »

Not deluded,are you saying it hasnt been effective so far

No, because Paolo hasn't gone this mental before. I agree that his style of management has been very effective for us, but I do think that today was just a step too far.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:41:40 »

Well, actually, I'm OK with that PDC interview.

You can argue about the way he says things, but his problem with Wes was that Wes made mistakes and then blamed his team-mates for them, then when substituted acted unprofessionally (compare with Connell being taken off early last year).

He said Wes has to apologise to the fans and his team-mates, which is fair enough, I think. He said the same thing last year in "beer-gate" and apologies were forthcoming.

He also put a lot of blame on himself for not spotting that (a) he has a lot of young players (b) they have played a lot of games recently and (c) last time they had a good cup game, v. Brighton, they did not get ready for the next league game.

He said McEveley was rubbish, and that he was out against Oxford; because he needs rest.

Fair enough comments, I think. Delivered too honestly? Yes. But fair enough observations.

He also said at least 4 times that it was his fault...

Wes apologise?Huh?!!! And ur Ok with that???!!! This is a young lad who has been a gun and has now been humiliated and ur siding with pdc... Ur off ur rocker. Young people make mistakes (Alan mcs fault anyway for the first??!) and a 40 year old expects an apology? Delusional

I loved PdC. Today I lost all faith. He might as well be McMahon. In fact, that was McMahon management.

So so disappointed to say it but I can't see a difference between PdC and McMahon after today.

And from that point, it can't get any lower
stfcinbmth

« Reply #611 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:43:33 »

Broke my toe on a deck chair yesterday and then all this today, it's not been good

Think that sometimes Paolo has to remember that in a lot of cases he's dealing with kids and to cut them a bit of slack. They can't be perfect all the time
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:44:03 »

Wes apologise?Huh?!!! And ur Ok with that???!!! This is a young lad who has been a gun and has now been humiliated and ur siding with pdc... Ur off ur rocker. Young people make mistakes (Alan mcs fault anyway for the first??!) and a 40 year old expects an apology? Delusional

I loved PdC. Today I lost all faith. He might as well be McMahon. In fact, that was McMahon management.

So so disappointed to say it but I can't see a difference between PdC and McMahon after today.

And from that point, it can't get any lower

This post is absolute bollocks. Get a grip you cunt
kerry red

« Reply #613 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:46:05 »

McMahon was an utter cunt - PdC is just a little unstable but has the club's interests at heart

McMahon shouldn't even been mentioned in the same breath
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:46:56 »

Just take a look at abuse on Wes Foderingham's facebook page. So called - Town fans calling for the manager and describing him in rather unpleasant and derogatory words. Twitter is the same, are football fans not just a little fickle after all that Paolo has guided us too. It has been one hell of a roller coaster that I hope doesn't end soon. I really hope he or anyone close don't read this abuse and feedback to him.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 65   Go Up
Print
Jump to: