Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 65   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 111586 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:45:12 »

Right, I am off now.  What a diabolical day.  When things like this happen, I generally take a few days' holiday from here because I just feel like I need a break.  And the build up to an Oxford game is always the most pointless waste of internet bandwidth anyway.

At least Wes is on the coach.  That's something.  And it's a 3½ hour trip from Preston to Swindon...so that's 3½ hours for PDC and Wes to start patching things up.  Patience is going to wear very thin if a meaningful reconciliation doesn't happen this time.

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:45:45 »

Another situation that should be dealt with behind closed doors.
 The best managers in the game do not slate their players publicly.
Foderingham wouldn't want to play poorly but shit happens. Digby had some absolute stinkers in his time,and taking a player off like that, then slating him on the radio is a very dangerous game to play. Di Canio has alot to learn about man management i think. Simply fucking players off every time there is a disagreement-incident can't go on like this. The club simply cannot afford this style of management forever. Di Canio has always had his flaws here,just forgotten when its going well, highlighted when it goes wrong.

That said we were due a defeat,everyone has got carried away lately,fans,players,management alike. We have no right to stroll this league.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:47:21 »

See what you're getting at, and McCormack was very much at fault, but PDC didn't bring Wes off for the mistake. He brought him off because of the way he reacted and treated his teammates. Apparently. If so, I can sort of understand, if not empathise with, what Paolo did. Absolutely not saying I agree with his decision, but I can see why he did it.

Well i dont...we have needed a keeper like this for years and when we get one he is virified for being pissed of with his team mates....fuck me the mad Dane at Man Utd would have been dragged off every week.
Like i say.....bad game drop him for the next match,not after twenty mins.......i have every sympathy with the way Wes has reacted.....i want someone who cares,what did you expect him to do................it is a total humiliation in my opinion.
Spud

« Reply #588 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:48:59 »

I cringe when I see some of our fans writing on the League One 'banter' page on facebook. "We're going to stroll this league!" and other embarrassing stuff along those lines.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:49:59 »

Blimey, I'm a pessimistic fucker. But when the optimists like BR, DRS, Arriba and Leefer call it a bad thing then its a bad thing.
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:55:08 »

Loved the interview, absolute classic. Struggled to understand quite a bit of it but Paolo is simply restating what we already know which is he has hugely high standards and no-one is bigger than the team. He clearly felt Wes was at fault for some of the goals on Weds and he started badly again today so off he goes. He praises players publicly when they do well and mentions them publicly when they don't. I've no problem with that style of management and if the players have they should man up. I think Wes got taken off because of his attitude and the blaming of others rather than the mistakes. In PdC I still trust!
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:59:07 »

Loved the interview, enjoyed Paolo's honesty. Wonder how long Wes' twitter silence will last for.

Until he gets out of the company of the manager. I hope his next tweet is an apology.

Now, ain't that just like me?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:01:29 »

Loved the interview, absolute classic. Struggled to understand quite a bit of it but Paolo is simply restating what we already know which is he has hugely high standards and no-one is bigger than the team. He clearly felt Wes was at fault for some of the goals on Weds and he started badly again today so off he goes. He praises players publicly when they do well and mentions them publicly when they don't. I've no problem with that style of management and if the players have they should man up. I think Wes got taken off because of his attitude and the blaming of others rather than the mistakes. In PdC I still trust!

If he thinks Wes was at fault for the goals at Stoke fair enough drop him....not take him off after twenty mins......as for his attitude have a word after the match not in front of 10,000 odd Preston fans after twenty mins.

I love Di Canio....but i would be the first to tell him i reckon he got this one very wrong.......lets remember the antics he showed on the pitch at times,cannot say i ever saw him dragged off for them,even at West Ham when he walked off and refused to play Redknapp backed him to the hilt i seem to remember.
cib

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:03:47 »

- Wes gets a slightly tricky back pass. He could look for a pass, hit it long or put it into touch. He hesitates. And a bit more. His only option now is to clear into touch, but instead he tries to hit it long, and it's blocked by their bloke. McCormack doesn't react, and a PNE player has a tap in.

- Wes spends the next minute arguing with Andy Williams, although they are about 30 yards apart

- A few minutes later, PNE get their second. If I remember rightly, it was from a corner where Wes could perhaps have done better

- Then from another ball into the box Wes claims cleanly, goes for the quick throw out, and mis-throws straight to a PNE player near the half way line. This is where PDC lost it with him and had Bedwell warm up

I thought their second came from a ball from the left getting side-footed past Wes? Other than that spot on.

McEveley was dreadful today, their number 17 tore him a new one but he wasn't really helped by Rooney in the first half who looks lightweight unfortunately. Equally I thought McCormack was dodgy even with Wes in goal with Flint playing OK.

I'd like to give Williams and Collins some credit as they didn't stop running again today despite the defending and Bostock looked a threat at times but looked to do too much on the occasion, but we were 3-0/3-1 down.

For as good as Tuesday was, today was dire. I hope there aren't too many damaging consequences to today, as someone noted earlier this is one game out of 46. I just hope common sense prevails and things can get patched quickly.
DRS

« Reply #594 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:08:47 »

Worth noting though that the players including Wes know what he is like,what we see and hear is fuckall compared to what the players get on the training ground. This isnt the first and wont be the last rant the players get. It will die down,this is the way he lets them know he isnt hagpy. Not nice but has been effective
kerry red

« Reply #595 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:13:20 »

So, basically, we've gone from Barcelona to Barnet in under a week
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:13:39 »

Worth noting though that the players including Wes know what he is like,what we see and hear is fuckall compared to what the players get on the training ground. This isnt the first and wont be the last rant the players get. It will die down,this is the way he lets them know he isnt hagpy. Not nice but has been effective

Effective? Perhaps in the wrong sense, but anyone who can see any kind of positive out of the situation today is a bit deluded I think.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:14:07 »

And back to Barcelona we hope...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:17:17 »

talking of Barnet, they are only just below Bristol Rovers.
meatballs24

« Reply #599 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 18:19:28 »

c ya wednesday Smug Fuck Off

* keep-calm-and-hate-swindon (2).png (42.59 KB, 600x700 - viewed 91 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 65   Go Up
Print
Jump to: