Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 65   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 111595 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:26:39 »

Exactly Batch, exactly. I was relieved to see Benson was on the bench today because that was nagging at me as I know it was you.

It was, I admit it Smiley Meh, come Wednesday we'll win 6-0, Wes will save 6 penalties and we'll be Real Madrid. Or we'll go into meltdown. No idea which.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:27:55 »

Just got in, its only 15 mins up the west coast main line.

One positive was how little the fans got on the back of the players when there were at times simply shambolic!

The 1st 15 minutes were the most bizarre I think I have ever witnessed, if you came to the game cold and knew nothing of Town you would have honestly thought that all the back 4 and the keeper had signed on deadline day and never played together, they were that bad.

We all have bad days at the office, but worried me most was what appeared to be a total lack of interest from much of them and if people keep going on about PdC and respect perhaps they should say the same for the players who didnt have a great deal for those who had travellend 200 odd miles!

In terms of specifics, MacEvely seems weak and slow, Devera isnt a right back, Rooney looks and runs like he is 12, Navarro seems to spend most his life berating others, and De Vita really shouldnt play on the right.

I would be surprised if we challeneged for the second ball more than about 5 times in the whole game, and also had one of those days when the ball never seemed to run us.

Oh and finally a word for Bedwell who I felt proper sorry for as he came onto a complete shitstorm! Did OK. It was ironic as he basically got ignored during the warm up as the coaches worked with Foderingham.

Agree with all of that, except the Devera comment - he's done OK at right back so far this year, today aside.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:28:08 »

Still, one good thing has come out of teh shambles.
Its stopped all the conspiracy theories about why Ritchie wasn't playing.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:29:05 »

Absolute shite, so a player that was so immense last season has one dodgy spell and gets publicly humiliated?!?!? Fucking atrocious man-management.

So we've lost Caddis, looks like we're gonna lose Foderingham (because I can't believe that show of dissent will be tolerated) all within the opening weeks of the season - now I understand why he got so many players in during the window, he needs to factor in the natural wastage of his management style.

I feel fucking sick - this is one step too far in my opinion, It's just all too exhausting!

Agree with this....i love Di Canio....the Caddis affair i think he was right if the player aint training right.....but this today,not on in my opinion,speaking to someone who went the first goal was down to shit defending by the defender as well as a bad kick by Wes.....why isn't the defender dragged off.

Nope....you dont drag your first team keeper off like that in my opinion....total total piss take in my  and PDC had better be carefull because no matter how good a manager you are the fans will not like this one bit.....and include me in this because the facts show that Wes has never let us down......drop him after the game,not twenty mins into it.
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:29:54 »

Anyone know where I can hear this interview? Assuming its online of course
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:30:43 »

Loved the interview, enjoyed Paolo's honesty. Wonder how long Wes' twitter silence will last for.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #576 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:32:00 »

the Caddis affair i think he was right if the player aint training right.....but this today,not on in my opinion,speaking to someone who went the first goal was down to shit defending by the defender as well as a bad kick by Wes.....why isn't the defender dragged off.

Yep, that's my feelings on the matter too.

Should Wes apologise I think Paolo needs to do the same back to him and publicly.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:32:02 »

So, Foderingham needs to apologise for making a mistake for their first goal? Get a grip Paolo!

If I recall the apology wasnt for making a mistake or two, but for his reaction go them (ie arguing with Williams) & to being substituted.

He also said the apology should be to his teammates & the fans, not to Paolo.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:33:04 »

Agree with this....i love Di Canio....the Caddis affair i think he was right if the player aint training right.....but this today,not on in my opinion,speaking to someone who went the first goal was down to shit defending by the defender as well as a bad kick by Wes.....why isn't the defender dragged off.

See what you're getting at, and McCormack was very much at fault, but PDC didn't bring Wes off for the mistake. He brought him off because of the way he reacted and treated his teammates. Apparently. If so, I can sort of understand, if not empathise with, what Paolo did. Absolutely not saying I agree with his decision, but I can see why he did it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:33:54 »

Good luck Jeremy Wray, you're going to need to play an absolute fucking blinder this week. Possibly in goal. 

Post of the day!
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:34:34 »

If I recall the apology wasnt for making a mistake or two, but for his reaction go them (ie arguing with Williams) & to being substituted.

He also said the apology should be to his teammates & the fans, not to Paolo.

Exactly what I heard too..missed Paolo swearing though, so I may be mistaken!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:34:57 »

One thing and I dont agree for one minute with what PdC said, but equally what gives Wes the right to public shout and swear at his manager and then show his disgust by kicking a bottle (and he ballsed that up even - he had one of those days), would you do it to your boss and is he not humiliating PdC in public by making it so obvious that he doesnt agree.

Just playing devils advocate a little...

Oh and for some reason we seemed completely unable to either shut down or tackle Sodje during the game...

Essentially we were beaten by a bigger rougher team that wanted it more!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:36:43 »

See what you're getting at, and McCormack was very much at fault, but PDC didn't bring Wes off for the mistake. He brought him off because of the way he reacted and treated his teammates. Apparently. If so, I can sort of understand, if not empathise with, what Paolo did. Absolutely not saying I agree with his decision, but I can see why he did it.

I agree with this, it was very obvious that Wes was losing it and getting very aggro.

I also think Navarro wasnt helping as he just seemed to be berating everyone!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:39:58 »

What gives Wes the right to public shout and swear at his manager and then show his disgust by kicking a bottle (and he ballsed that up even - he had one of those days), would you do it to your boss and is he not humiliating PdC in public by making it so obvious that he doesnt agree.

Because he's a 20 year old over confident young lad? I hated my bosses from the age of 20 to well mid late twenties. You think you know it all.
Flashheart

« Reply #584 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:42:22 »

Quoting this in the hope people pay attention.

Wish people would stop saying he was subbed for a mistake, that much is just not true.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 65   Go Up
Print
Jump to: