Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 65   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 111588 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:06:22 »

I see. Well time for Wray to have a chat with PDC and sort this out. PDC can't keep doing this in my opinion
Flashheart

« Reply #556 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:07:01 »

Wes wasn't subbed for 'making a mistake'.

I think PDC has it wrong today, went a tad far even by his standards and losing Wes could seriously hurt our ambitions.

Don't agree with people using Kerrouche, Clarke, Caddis etc as examples of 'poor management', I still stand by him on those as I think he called those right.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:07:23 »

Sadly, "putting a good gloss on things" would be putting it mildly. You need to listen to the interview. Or rather, spare yourself the pain, but rest assured Haboken's review doesn't really capture the essence.
I can imagine Di Canio literally frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog during that interview.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:11:26 »

I can imagine Di Canio literally frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog during that interview.
I felt for Chris Wise when he was describing how he was pretty much eyeball to eyeball with him. I could imagine that might have been quite scary
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:12:58 »

So, Foderingham needs to apologise for making a mistake for their first goal? Get a grip Paolo!

I woud blame the person who passed it back to him. There is a reason why a goalkeeper is in goal...and it not to clear defenders clearances. Do it their bloody selves.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:13:34 »

I've never seen Bedwell play.
Aside from all the emotional stuff, how did he play?
grubby

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:14:14 »

Just saw the highlights. Fods will need to apologise after his kick of the bottle and shout back to DiCanio.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:14:30 »

So, Foderingham needs to apologise for making a mistake for their first goal? Get a grip Paolo!

The apology is not for the mistake, but for not holding his hands up afterwards - sounds like he was blaming others. Earlier poster said he was arguing with Williams? Also for his reaction for being subbed. Again, compare with Connell last year. PDC said he can take off a goalie - just because he has a different coloured shirt doesn't make him immune to being subbed. All fair comments, I think. Ball is In Wes' court now...if he holds his hands up, it's all over...if not, it's...over...

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:15:04 »

Don't agree with people using Kerrouche, Clarke, Caddis etc as examples of 'poor management', I still stand by him on those as I think he called those right.

He may well have called those right. Its getting to the point I'm doubting that, purely because of the amount of times its happening.

As for the "I made Wes (not the club)" comments, I'm still fuming. Though the Human League might be interested in it to freshen up Don't You Want Me?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:15:17 »

I woud blame the person who passed it back to him. There is a reason why a goalkeeper is in goal...and it not to clear defenders clearances. Do it their bloody selves.

The backpass wasn't brilliant but Wes still got it completely wrong. Could easily have put it into touch.

I've never seen Bedwell play.
Aside from all the emotional stuff, how did he play?

Bedwell was about 6/10. Kicked well, took a few crosses, one or two impressive moments. Also one or two moments when you thought Wes would have done much better.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:18:00 »

The backpass wasn't brilliant but Wes still got it completely wrong. Could easily have put it into touch.

Bedwell was about 6/10. Kicked well, took a few crosses, one or two impressive moments. Also one or two moments when you thought Wes would have done much better.

No surprising, in the circumstances !
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:21:43 »

The apology is not for the mistake, but for not holding his hands up afterwards - sounds like he was blaming others. Earlier poster said he was arguing with Williams? Also for his reaction for being subbed. Again, compare with Connell last year. PDC said he can take off a goalie - just because he has a different coloured shirt doesn't make him immune to being subbed. All fair comments, I think. Ball is In Wes' court now...if he holds his hands up, it's all over...if not, it's...over...

Basically, Di Canio's line is, if Wes doesn't apologize publicly, he won't play for us again (which is a bit OTT when all you've done is had a bit of a crap game/20 minutes - shit happens). At some point though, Jeremy Wray - who's support of PDC has to date been nothing short of magnificent - is going to say, 'Sorry Paolo, can't back you on this one'. Will it be now or a few months down the line? We shall see.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:24:19 »

He may well have called those right. Its getting to the point I'm doubting that, purely because of the amount of times its happening.

As for the "I made Wes (not the club)" comments, I'm still fuming. Though the Human League might be interested in it to freshen up Don't You Want Me?
Exactly Batch, exactly. I was relieved to see Benson was on the bench today because that was nagging at me as I know it was you.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:25:13 »

Just got in, its only 15 mins up the west coast main line.

One positive was how little the fans got on the back of the players when there were at times simply shambolic!

The 1st 15 minutes were the most bizarre I think I have ever witnessed, if you came to the game cold and knew nothing of Town you would have honestly thought that all the back 4 and the keeper had signed on deadline day and never played together, they were that bad.

We all have bad days at the office, but worried me most was what appeared to be a total lack of interest from much of them and if people keep going on about PdC and respect perhaps they should say the same for the players who didnt have a great deal for those who had travellend 200 odd miles!

In terms of specifics, MacEvely seems weak and slow, Devera isnt a right back, Rooney looks and runs like he is 12, Navarro seems to spend most his life berating others, and De Vita really shouldnt play on the right.

I would be surprised if we challeneged for the second ball more than about 5 times in the whole game, and also had one of those days when the ball never seemed to run us.

Oh and finally a word for Bedwell who I felt proper sorry for as he came onto a complete shitstorm! Did OK. It was ironic as he basically got ignored during the warm up as the coaches worked with Foderingham.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:26:10 »

Sadly, "putting a good gloss on things" would be putting it mildly. You need to listen to the interview. Or rather, spare yourself the pain, but rest assured Haboken's review doesn't really capture the essence.

Yeah, PDC definitely ranted about Wes, but he wears his heart on his sleeve. But my point was, his points seem to be fair, even though delivered poorly...hopefully Wes will be big enough to hold his hand up.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 65   Go Up
Print
Jump to: