Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 65   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 111586 times)
kerry red

« Reply #540 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 16:55:05 »

Really, how the fuck is he ever going to manage top quality players in the PL?

It seems that unless he can subdue 'inferior' players to his will, he goes off on one
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 16:55:49 »

Di Canio has the talent to have a long and illustrious managerial career.

But unless he can calm the fuck down and start managing people and situations it aint going to happen. Not a chance.

There's a limit to how much the Board can back him. They just can't afford to lose Foderingham on top of Caddis.

Fucking madness.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 16:56:24 »

I still think the board are backed in the corner over Di Canio. If they doubt him he will walk. We can't afford to lose him as despite his methods he has still been superb for us. Today he got it wrong but all managers make mistakes just like players do.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 16:57:06 »

I guess you didn't hear the interview?

No was busy typing away when the talk of the interview was going on. Not really sure what Wes needs to apologize for?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 16:57:15 »

Just got back - a nice stroll back across the park and I'm home! Feel sorry for those driving back to Wiltshire and beyond. I'm not furious, enraged, or overly disappointed by today. The first half was a farce, with none of our players looking interested, but it got a bit better in the second period and we could have gone home without feeling too bad.

So as I say I'm not furious about the game. We could well pick ourselves up, beat Oxford and move on as if this game never happened. However, I'm very concerned about this whole Foderingham situation. For those who weren't there, here's a brief summary of what went on...

- Wes gets a slightly tricky back pass. He could look for a pass, hit it long or put it into touch. He hesitates. And a bit more. His only option now is to clear into touch, but instead he tries to hit it long, and it's blocked by their bloke. McCormack doesn't react, and a PNE player has a tap in.

- Wes spends the next minute arguing with Andy Williams, although they are about 30 yards apart

- A few minutes later, PNE get their second. If I remember rightly, it was from a corner where Wes could perhaps have done better

- Then from another ball into the box Wes claims cleanly, goes for the quick throw out, and mis-throws straight to a PNE player near the half way line. This is where PDC lost it with him and had Bedwell warm up

- Foderingham is replaced by Bedwell to the amusement of the home crowd. He walks straight past PDC, and heads to the tunnel, kicking a water bottle and waving his arms as he goes

- Foderingham didn't reappear until the second half, when him and Rooney came and sat in the away end

Wes wasn't playing well, btu McEveley was havign a shocker, De Vita had looked off the pace, and the defensive unit as a whole was a bit of a shambles. At the time we thought it was ridiculous to be bringing Wes off as others were playing worse, but it seems there was more to it judging by PDC's interview. On the whole I'd say don't worry about the performance or the result, we can bounce back and turn that around. The main concern has to be what happens with Wes.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 16:58:12 »

Faaackin' hell. Today could've gone better.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 16:58:36 »

PURE DRIVEL

You are talking about a shite football decision. I am talking about publicly humiliating and decimating the confidence of a 21 year old who has been critical to your success over the last year. For me,that is not how you treat people and the lowest on field point I have witnessed in 12 years. Disgusted

Meant 19 years and it was a disgrace on a human level, let alone footballing
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 16:58:42 »

Well, actually, I'm OK with that PDC interview.

You can argue about the way he says things, but his problem with Wes was that Wes made mistakes and then blamed his team-mates for them, then when substituted acted unprofessionally (compare with Connell being taken off early last year).

He said Wes has to apologise to the fans and his team-mates, which is fair enough, I think. He said the same thing last year in "beer-gate" and apologies were forthcoming.

He also put a lot of blame on himself for not spotting that (a) he has a lot of young players (b) they have played a lot of games recently and (c) last time they had a good cup game, v. Brighton, they did not get ready for the next league game.

He said McEveley was rubbish, and that he was out against Oxford; because he needs rest.

Fair enough comments, I think. Delivered too honestly? Yes. But fair enough observations.

He also said at least 4 times that it was his fault...

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:00:21 »

Argggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That sums football up for me today....goodnight!!!!

Clems Army!
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:00:44 »

The Swindon coach has departed Deepdale, with Wes on it for those worrying. Andy Warren on Twitter.

Going to be an awkward drive back.
Spud

« Reply #550 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:01:16 »

So, Foderingham needs to apologise for making a mistake for their first goal? Get a grip Paolo!
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:01:47 »

Haboken's review of interview sounds less problematic so hopefully things can be mended
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:02:48 »

Really harsh on Wes I must say but we all know Paolo has his ways.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:04:04 »

Haboken's review of interview sounds less problematic so hopefully things can be mended

Yes, but he's missed out key points such as PDC stating that nobody wanted Wes before he came here and imo getting quite personal which is not acceptable.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 17:04:56 »

Sadly, "putting a good gloss on things" would be putting it mildly. You need to listen to the interview. Or rather, spare yourself the pain, but rest assured Haboken's review doesn't really capture the essence.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 65   Go Up
Print
Jump to: