Pages: 1 ... 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 ... 867   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1276733 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4140 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 10:38:18 »

It's all very intriguing waiting for things to unfold😀

So, give no fucks
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #4141 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 10:46:44 »

Agree re ' talk of lessons being learned etc was just a ploy to sell ST when in reality nothing has changed'. Says a lot about the loyalty and commitment of fanbase that we still have north of 4.5k ST holders and still 3 or so weeks to go  after an abysmal season on and off pitch.

Early business - failed, but still time to get the right bodies and quality in, get the surplus out, 4 or 5 before season starts with 3 or so in last month of window should just be fine.

It's all this talk about 'lessons not learned' rubbish, we have a new manager and got rid of Sandro, we are clearly going down a different path. That new path might not mean success but clearly a lot behind the scenes has changed.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #4142 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 10:55:10 »

It's all this talk about 'lessons not learned' rubbish, we have a new manager and got rid of Sandro, we are clearly going down a different path. That new path might not mean success but clearly a lot behind the scenes has changed.

Thought it was fairly obvious I’m talking about recruitment.

As for “new path might not meaning success” that’s one of the most bizarre things I’ve read on this forum. That path sounds a bundle of fun 😂. It’s about winning and being successful, this ain’t grass roots and all about taking part 😂😂

Like I said- recruitment-  3 or 4 in before start and 3 or so back end of window and we should be set.
DMC

« Reply #4143 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 11:18:42 »

But equally there's no evidence yet to suggest the club are giving him the tools necessary to build a capable squad.

All we factually have is the resigning of Austin (good), Brewitt (meh) and a young keeper.

You can say wait and see, which of course we must, but people were hoping that by appointing Flynn in May we'd hit the ground running in recruitment early.
TBF it is a bit of a different scenario we find ourselves in this summer in the fact that we already have so many on the books so to say he does not have the tools i would say is unfair but for sure he could do with a bigger tool box

He does have this to work with though already

Murphy Mahoney
Remeao Hutton
marcel lavinier
Tom Clayton
Frazer Blake Tracey
Tom Brewit
Sadio Khan
Jake Cain
George McEachran
Hepburn Murphy
Charlie Austin

Subs
Keeper
Wakelin
Minturn
Darcy
Shade

Sure there are others but shows that we are not as bare as it seems to me but 4 or 5 more experienced lads are needed to start and for the bench
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4144 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 12:15:46 »

nobody is panicking
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4145 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 12:17:48 »

I'm with Batch the majority aren't panicking just a few getting impatient.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4146 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 12:20:10 »

@DMC

That squad finished mid table.

If Flynn gets more out of them than the previous two managers did then great. They will definitely have improved with experience but the league looks tougher.

In any case we were promised changes and experience, and so we'll judge when the widow closes
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4147 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 12:26:11 »

Lessons learnt:
Appointed an experienced lower league manager rather than giving someone their first job in management

There we go.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #4148 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 12:39:48 »

Lessons learnt:
Appointed an experienced lower league manager rather than giving someone their first job in management

There we go.

And give him the responsibility of recruitment, not some bloke who knows a bit about spreadsheets
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4149 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 12:40:30 »

“We know we have got things wrong this season and that you deserve better than the results we’ve been delivering.

We are listening though and will make changes to ensure our recruitment is better, and you have my word that we will put together a budget and team that is capable of promotion next season, with the right balance of experience and youth." Rob Angus

There you go DV

It's too early to judge. Everyone knows there can be no promotion guarantees.

But it's right to want to see actions back up words, even if as I say it's too early to judge right now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4150 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 12:54:19 »

One man’s ‘we haven’t signed anyone yet OMg!!!’ is another man’s ‘we are taking our time in order to get the right players in’

…at the end of the day it’s still the first week on July
DMC

« Reply #4151 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 12:57:57 »

@DMC

That squad finished mid table.

If Flynn gets more out of them than the previous two managers did then great. They will definitely have improved with experience but the league looks tougher.

In any case we were promised changes and experience, and so we'll judge when the widow closes
That's half the problem though Batch, people are judging now already. Absolutely it finished mid table but my main point is we have a squad and a line up we can actually put out tomorrow against Colchester if we had to. I actually wonder how many other teams at the moment can do the same
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4152 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 12:59:00 »

That's half the problem though Batch, people are judging now already. Absolutely it finished mid table but my main point is we have a squad and a line up we can actually put out tomorrow against Colchester if we had to. I actually wonder how many other teams at the moment can do the same

When I asked this last week Venks told me it was about half the division fwiw
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #4153 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 12:59:13 »

I’ve been keeping an eye on other teams friendly XI’s and a decent amount could to be fair
DMC

« Reply #4154 on: Saturday, July 8, 2023, 13:04:19 »

Yeah i imagine they can actually. I think for me looking at the line up it's filled me witha bit more positivity as there really isn't fucking loads to do. I know people(batch) say it finished and should be ok for mid table but i think i said before i really do think that does not take into consideration just how bad the management were

All opinions though isn't it
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 ... 867   Go Up
Print
Jump to: