Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wray Meeting  (Read 2088 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 18:35:40 »

What was said at this and was it a good meeting? I would have went but had things to do and only got to the ground at around 245
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 18:37:34 »

Nothing more really than what we already knew/expected.

The only thing he said that we weren't really aware of is that we're after a midfielder on loan and that we were just one day from being wound up by HMRC.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 18:37:53 »

Ditto.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 18:42:48 »

I respect him for using his own time on a Saturday morning to come and answer all questions.  He was very open and was able to answer everything well with no hesitation.

The fans will definitely be listened to under this board for sure.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 18:43:17 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
Nothing more really than what we already knew/expected.

The only thing he said that we weren't really aware of is that we're after a midfielder on loan and that we were just one day from being wound up by HMRC.

I don't think that the Winding up thing is a surprise. Neither is the midfielder, is this the same creative midfielder that we have been after for a while?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 19:25:31 »

It was muted that the RAF could be used to part fund it which was good to hear
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 19:26:49 »

Sounds good then... Was anything really said about the stadium redevelopment etc. Batch said something about them looking into it later..
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 19:46:29 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
Sounds good then... Was anything really said about the stadium redevelopment etc. Batch said something about them looking into it later..
Nothing really, they are looking to bring in another director whose backgound is in construction and it will be his brief to fully explore every avenue open to them.  Got the impression that Bowden need not apply!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 20:45:21 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"

Much as has been said before - no immediate plans but it's an avenue they'd be foolish to ignore. They plan to recruit someone with serious property experience probably at board level to look at what opportunities there are. But immediate priorities are all about rebuilding the business.

They're looking at all the commercial contracts, including main sponsorship deal. Looking to rebuild relationships with local businesses big and small.

Brunel contract up at the end of the season and while it would have been wrong for him to have commented on whether it would be renewed, I think he made it pretty clear he was keenly aware of the benefits of the greater coverage area provided by the BBC.

Oh and we should have an AGM before the end of the season with proper directors' reports and accurate accounts. We'll try and get minutes out asap
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 20:52:18 »

I'm glad the brunel thing is in focus, I'm sure i'm not the only one who cancelled stfcworld 2 months into the season, if they dump them i'll sign back up
sonic youth

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, February 23, 2008, 22:26:53 »

much as everyone else has said, he came across very well, he was articulate and demonstrated a very thorough knowledge of the club despite not being here longer than a few months.

what struck me most was that a lot of what was said and discussed were things the new board had been open and honest about already - this level of clarity could spell disaster for the trust!
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 25, 2008, 10:45:30 »

Re the Brunel thing he actually said he understood the contract was up at the end of the year.
I must say I was most impressed with the openess, & honesty shown, & the fact that they are obviously willing to listen to the fans. He was also willing to comment on & answer questions that I would have thought he might of avoided, particularly on the subject of the previous regime & the mess they made of the club.
Reflecting on what was said, he didn't appear to make many concrete promises, but there again didn't rule anything out either. As an example, he seemed quite open on having a fans rep on the board, which to me would be the ultimate proof that we do indeed have a very good bunch of people in charge.  He did however say that he believed in a small compact board, where everybody pulled their weight, which is fair enough comment. (I guess James Wills is the exception that proves the rule!).
Seems to me that we need to put together proposals that demonstrate the real value of having a fan on the board. (As most have agreed from day one if this were ever to become a reality that fan would need to have experience & skills that compliment & contribute to the current board).
Other things that stuck out to me, were that they read the forums, & that he commented that collectively we had most things about right through the takeover.  
As for the TRUST, it's plain now that a different direction is required, but I can see that there is a very important role to play, much more in line with the original aims & objectives.
With the contacts, knowledge, experience & credibility etc I can see that the Trust could be very helpful to the new guys, particularly as a sounding board for fans likely reactions to events & decisions & of course with any future redevelopments.

From the Dark Side
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, February 25, 2008, 11:03:12 »

Quote from: "Phil_S"
Re the Brunel thing he actually said he understood the contract was up at the end of the year.
I must say I was most impressed with the openess, & honesty shown, & the fact that they are obviously willing to listen to the fans. He was also willing to comment on & answer questions that I would have thought he might of avoided, particularly on the subject of the previous regime & the mess they made of the club.

I was also impressed by his openness and criticism of the previous regime, although he didn't name names it was clear who he meant with some comments. It was good to hear him confirm a lot of things we already knew about the mess the club was in, and the thing that struck me was he confirmed the club was one day away from being wound up...I knew it was close but blimey.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
flammableBen

« Reply #13 on: Monday, February 25, 2008, 14:02:12 »

One day is ages. And easily enough for a few late mental Bob official website statements. I miss them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: