Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worst Town XI Of All Time?  (Read 18425 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 12:19:14 »

he only gave 'years of service' because no-one else was stupid enough to take him off our hands, by far the town player i have hated the most

Fair enough, but at least he played, the truly execrable cost money or big wages and sit on their fat arses,  either being a bit injured or just disappearing into the CG oubliette marked Cobian.
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 12:27:38 »

Jerel? No bloody way! While he had the odd 'lapse' he was a pretty dependable defender and when he scored it was either a screamer or a bullet header.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 12:29:34 »

Any mention for money grubber Ruddock yet?

..Oh yes-see page 3!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 12:31:17 »

I was never keen on Lingy, but I'm probably in the minority! He just used to infuriate me.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
adje

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 12:31:46 »

....has the biggest ever let-down(well,at least 'til Prutton turned up) been mentioned...Gareth Whalley?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 12:38:51 »

Yeah, I expected a lot of Whalley! but compared to Prutton last season he's basically Pele.

Let's discount every joker from last season and go from there otherwise I'd agree with Reg it would just be last seasons squad.

So far i'd go - Glass, Drysdale, Elkins, Thorpe, Beauchump, Hewlett, Duke.
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 12:57:07 »

David Peach.

At a time when we had no money, 1980, we sign an ageing left back for what was then our record transfer fee. A left back for chrissakes. First game we get stuffed by Millwall (6 something) and he, and we, went further downhill from then on. He was worse than Drysdale.

Big vote for Ruddock - wasn't it the case that at one time a quarter of our wages went to him? Plus he had the connection to the Brady bunch of course.

I saw Adi Viveash mentioned. He was OK from memory, and ended up playing 300+ games in the league for Walsall and others. Mind you he was one of the first subs to get subbed. Lasted all of 30 mins on his debut I think, was totally out of his depth being put into midfield and got subbed himself.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 13:06:16 »

Can't believe some of the contenders here: Who mentioned Lingy?! Mildenhall, Heywood, Duke were all ok IMO. I even thought Craig Farr was alright...

Heiselberg, Drsydale, Bakalli, Cobian really was bad - lovely guy though, Beauchump (first name on team sheet), Drysdale, Razor, Prutton, Pericard & Dossevi, Aljofree...

but then some of them I'm judging on cnutation, not ability. Beauchump and Razor were half decent, even if Dudu - or doodoo? - did pull Razor's pants down at Loftus Road.

I'd defo have Steve Cowe and Booby Howe in here. I seem to remember Mrs Howe was quite tidy.

Bertie Brayley!!!!! I remember doing an interview with one of the players outside the training ground dressing room, and Brayley walked right up next to me stark-bollock naked.

Anybody remember Darren Dykes?

Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 13:08:32 »

Can't believe some of the contenders here: Who mentioned Lingy?! Mildenhall, Heywood, Duke were all ok IMO. I even thought Craig Farr was alright...

Me! I did say I'd be alone with that opinion, but he just annoyed me.

juddie

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 13:11:53 »

Me! I did say I'd be alone with that opinion, but he just annoyed me.

have a word with yourself System!
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 13:14:08 »

have a word with yourself System!

Okay, he was the worst player in a great side, but not worthy of a place in the worst town XI. Does that help?  Wink

juddie

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 13:46:43 »

great, thanks. Carry on!
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 18:29:44 »

Heiselberg, Drsydale, Bakalli, Cobian really was bad - lovely guy though, Beauchump (first name on team sheet), Drysdale, Razor, Prutton, Pericard & Dossevi, Aljofree...

but then some of them I'm judging on cnutation, not ability. Beauchump and Razor were half decent, even if Dudu - or doodoo? - did pull Razor's pants down at Loftus Road.

I'd defo have Steve Cowe and Booby Howe in here. I seem to remember Mrs Howe was quite tidy.

Bertie Brayley!!!!! I remember doing an interview with one of the players outside the training ground dressing room, and Brayley walked right up next to me stark-bollock naked.

Anybody remember Darren Dykes?

I remember Darren Dykes, pretty sure he only played one game for us though (i could be wrong), i saw him play that one game and he wasn't that bad, definately seen worse.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 18:45:45 »

Terry (Wife Beater) Fenwick, Jason Drysdale, Dean Hooper, Jon Sheffield, Frank (Fat Bastard) McAvenie, Sebastian Rustoe, Alan O'Brien, Kim Heiselberg, Gary Elkins, David Peach, Tony Thorpe
Muffin Man

« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 09:32:52 »

I pretty much agree with every name mentioned on here, we have had some utter wank players in our time.

Dont agree totally with Emmanuel he had 2 average seasons at least as much effort as Barnyard ever gave (sorry Reg just cant agree with you on the child beater, it was as much his awful attitude as a person as his footballing ability) and I also cannot agree about Colin Gordon, he was a good target man IMO.

As for defenders, well we have rarely had a good one in my 40 odd years of watching us, only a few exceptions like Calderwood and Taylor otherwise most had loads of off days just the worst, like Peach and Drysdale cost a lot and had more off days than others!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: