Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mansfield v Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 9849 times)
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, March 10, 2024, 07:57:34 »

Our last good result was when Devoy and Aguiar partnered each other in midfield - Kahn was suspended.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, March 10, 2024, 08:01:52 »

Nope - the answer is because we didn’t strengthen the midfield. Back line is marginally better for having McCarthy in there and our attacking options are better.

We still have nothing in the middle.
That’s why games like yesterday become a bit basketbally - end to end. We just can’t stop teams coming at us & that’s a midfield issue.

Even if we packed the midfield with 5 - Khan, Cain, McEachran, Devoy & Aguiar that still doesn’t scream solid does it…

…and like fuck did any of you rate Kinsella when he was here. Most of you thought he was dog shit.
Hate to tell you all that I work with a couple of 'Nam fans (and know a few others who I regularly chat to) and they have all been telling me what a great signing Kinsella has been. They can't believe they got him on a free and have said that more often than not he has been MotM. But, 'Nam have played him in a number of different positions. Last week, for example, he played as wing back and was apparently awesome.

Just goes to show - 'That's football!' and 'It is what it is!'

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, March 10, 2024, 08:22:18 »

I concur with dropping Khan.
He’s just so positionally ill disciplined. He’d only work with solid DMs behind him.

Kinsella might be getting on great at Cheltenham. I thought Kinsella was decent.
I mean if he is getting rave reviews for ‘nam is just shows a lot of our fans don’t have a clue & whoever decided he was surplus to requirements was also very wrong.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, March 10, 2024, 09:11:52 »

Nope - the answer is because we didn’t strengthen the midfield. Back line is marginally better for having McCarthy in there and our attacking options are better.

We still have nothing in the middle.
That’s why games like yesterday become a bit basketbally - end to end. We just can’t stop teams coming at us & that’s a midfield issue.

Even if we packed the midfield with 5 - Khan, Cain, McEachran, Devoy & Aguiar that still doesn’t scream solid does it…

…and like fuck did any of you rate Kinsella when he was here. Most of you thought he was dog shit.
His last 4/5 games for us he was solid and most agreed with that. He was and still is the best defensive midfielder we have had this season. To let him go and not strenghen is a joke
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, March 10, 2024, 09:14:33 »

He was a 5-6 out of 10, kind of guy at best.
Which is what you need when the replacements are 4 out of 10
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, March 10, 2024, 09:18:10 »

His last 4/5 games for us he was solid and most agreed with that. He was and still is the best defensive midfielder we have had this season. To let him go and not strenghen is a joke

Exactly this, especially to let him leave for nothing & claim he would just be a bench warmer.
As average as he might be, he’s still better than anyone we have currently
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, March 10, 2024, 09:22:39 »

Kinsella barely got a look in until mid November. Once he did, he played well and was our best CM until we sold him on my opinion.

The gaps in the squad are clear to see, the lack of a proper defensive midfielder (Khan is not a proper DM) being the key.

I like the look of Elbouzedi, was always causing their left back problems but he isn't a defender. You might get away with him playing wing back with UGM as the right sided centre back but Brewitt doesn't have the pace to get out and cover as we saw all game.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, March 10, 2024, 09:34:58 »

Gav’s selections get more bizarre game by game. God knows what he thinks he sees when picking his starting XI. Have a proper back 4 and stick with it - Kokolo, McCarthy, FBT, Dokes - simple. We have plenty of options up top so that just leaves the thorny subject of the midfield. Too many players are of a similar physical stature - Cain, McCreachan, Aguiar. Not sure Devoy is up to it. Khan blows more cold than hot these days.

When Stags go up get Boateng ffs.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, March 10, 2024, 09:47:35 »

Kinsella barely got a look in until mid November. Once he did, he played well and was our best CM until we sold him on my opinion.

The gaps in the squad are clear to see, the lack of a proper defensive midfielder (Khan is not a proper DM) being the key.

I like the look of Elbouzedi, was always causing their left back problems but he isn't a defender. You might get away with him playing wing back with UGM as the right sided centre back but Brewitt doesn't have the pace to get out and cover as we saw all game.

He was never spectacular, but then he was never supposed to be. He was just that solid CDM type player that we needed, and still need. Selling him was a really big mistake.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, March 10, 2024, 09:50:27 »

Which is what you need when the replacements are 4 out of 10

We have a 2 man midfield, which is the issue, no one would be playing well in this midfield.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, March 10, 2024, 10:36:50 »

Gav’s selections get more bizarre game by game. God knows what he thinks he sees when picking his starting XI. Have a proper back 4 and stick with it - Kokolo, McCarthy, FBT, Dokes - simple. We have plenty of options up top so that just leaves the thorny subject of the midfield. Too many players are of a similar physical stature - Cain, McCreachan, Aguiar. Not sure Devoy is up to it. Khan blows more cold than hot these days.

When Stags go up get Boateng ffs.

Almost like he draws it from a hat.
One minute too many substitutions, the next not enough.

Mansfield changed it, they won it.

We were getting torn apart down the right, midfield were exposed by the extra player.
Our midfield is not good enough, Kahn off the pace yesterday and no real game changing players to make any difference.

It’s depressing and it’s shite.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, March 10, 2024, 10:38:24 »

Almost like he draws it from a hat.
One minute too many substitutions, the next not enough.

Mansfield changed it, they won it.

We were getting torn apart down the right, midfield were exposed by the extra player.
Our midfield is not good enough, Kahn off the pace yesterday and no real game changing players to make any difference.

It’s depressing and it’s shite.

I really suggest you don’t renew your season ticket, you aren’t enjoying it so save your bloody money.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, March 10, 2024, 10:56:50 »

if everyone who thought it was shite doesn't reverse we'll have 1000 attendances next year.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, March 10, 2024, 11:13:46 »

Going to home games when it’s shite is at least a short journey (for most) but travelling 3-4 hours each way to witness something you absolutely fucking hate whilst having spend an extortionate amount of money - for me is addict behaviour.

Like are people scared if they don’t go they won’t be able to find anything else to do with their Saturdays?

Life too short. Don’t let is consume you.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, March 10, 2024, 11:15:07 »

Let's not forget we didn't "get rid" of Kinsella. He wanted to leave for personal reasons if I remember rightly.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: