Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comedy Awards last night....  (Read 2629 times)
STFC Village

« on: Thursday, December 23, 2004, 15:16:08 »

....were once again hilariously random. Fav bit was Ricky Gervais taking the piss out of Steve Hawkins! :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick Its what we were all thinking, but he's going to get in trouble for that, surely? Johnny Vegas was funny and pissed, as ever! Noel Gallagher? Robin Cook? Was i drunk last night? Can anyone confirm/deny this occuring please... :?:
faringdingdong

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 23, 2004, 15:22:28 »

Yeah Vegas is the man alright, Matt Groening was ok for a yank, Jack Black was cool too, remember Meatloaf on there a few years ago? Americans take note, you are not funny at the British comedy awards! Especially if you are 25 stone and your idea of comedy is to run around the stage pulling at your own hair.

We wanna go somewhere else. We're not threatened by people anymore. All our insecurities have evaporated. We're in the clouds now. We're wide open. We're spacemen orbiting the earth. The world looks beautiful from here, man.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 23, 2004, 15:23:45 »

Ricky was well funny, the only bit I watched was the Gervais bit and the Hawkin/Groening speeches.  Very good.  Gervais is a living comedy legend.  He doesn't care what he says, as long as it's funny.  Which is what comedy should be about.
kizz

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 23, 2004, 15:51:34 »

I thought that Stephen Hawkins speech was a bit monotone to be honest...

iven a level playing field (i.e. enough water so a shark could manouevre, but not so deep that a bear would flounder) who would win in a fight between a bear and a shark?
STFC Village

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 23, 2004, 15:59:10 »

Quote from: "kizz"
I thought that Stephen Hawkins speech was a bit monotone to be honest...
Soapy Tit Wank Cracking. I shall be going soon, off for my xmas break, so you kids stay safe, have a merry little christmas, a happy new year and keep supporting the mighty robins! TTFN
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 24, 2004, 00:30:12 »

the gervais bit was more or less all i saw but it was fucking hilarious! laughing at the disabled is always funny.

anyone see that slightly ageing blonde bird with massive nockers on with robin cook? blatantly on a bit of the old powder.....
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 24, 2004, 16:01:06 »

i saw jimmy carr live last year and he called steven hawkings a "four eyed monotonel freak"

what did gervais say?  Cheesy

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 24, 2004, 21:00:25 »

Quote from: "Whits"
i saw jimmy carr live last year and he called steven hawkings a "four eyed monotonel freak"

what did gervais say?  Cheesy
one small section of the tirade, involving his direcor in the wheelchair and stephen hawking, was that the director guy was feeling grumpy because hawking had outclassed him as the best disabled in the room.

doesn't sound that funny when i type it i think, but it was the way he said it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: