Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: N.Y.E.  (Read 1511 times)
oxford_fan

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 00:18:37 »

does anyone actually regularly enjoy new years' eve?

unless i do something pretty special, or pull someone i really wanted to pull (the old desperation pull doesn't count), it's more or less always a wash-out.

amsterdam this year so no chance of anything other than a top night, but i think if i was back in old blighty it'd be shit as usual.
Amir

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 00:21:17 »

I've only ever had one good NYE and that was last year.  Always liked Christmas Eve though Smiley
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 00:29:48 »

I was just planning what to do tonight. I'm back near Swindon for Christmas but probably gonna go back to my house in Cardiff with some mates from round here and go out in Cardiff, possibly to see High Contrast and DJ Format, Ugly Duckling and Bad Company. It's normally a bit of a let down it's true although last years was pretty good, 'cos I did pull someone I really wanted to pull. Smiley
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 07:04:53 »

I don't celebrate New Years. I didn't like this one so why would I want to welcome in a new one?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 14:05:35 »

Its crap cant think of one New Years Ive enjoyed any more than a normal Saturday night.

/
W56196272
Dazzza

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 22:59:06 »

Agree they are normally worse thn pulling teeth.

I think it' the abundance of part time drinkers and people who are hugging you and shaking your hand the next day they would no sooner nod at you in the Street.

Nail in the coffin was the Millenium which was the biggest anti-climax EVER for a night out.  Pubs charging enterence fee is just WRONG.  Fortunately that year I met a stunning girl from Warrington who I saw for a few months after so it took the edge off.

Last year seemed dead.  Everyone staying in although I must confess it was the best in years and that was in an empty club.  Only because it was just a load of mates with me so we just got plastered beyond beleif.

Prague for me this year so there is no fear of another downer.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, December 25, 2004, 22:55:02 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
Agree they are normally worse thn pulling teeth.

I think it' the abundance of part time drinkers and people who are hugging you and shaking your hand the next day they would no sooner nod at you in the Street.

Nail in the coffin was the Millenium which was the biggest anti-climax EVER for a night out.  Pubs charging enterence fee is just WRONG.  Fortunately that year I met a stunning girl from Warrington who I saw for a few months after so it took the edge off.

Last year seemed dead.  Everyone staying in although I must confess it was the best in years and that was in an empty club.  Only because it was just a load of mates with me so we just got plastered beyond beleif.

Prague for me this year so there is no fear of another downer.

well I'm off to Life/ Helter Skelter in Milton Keynes and it's costing a fortune. \Got Limo for whole night as well. Better be good cos I really don't have the money to spend  Crying
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: