Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andrew Black  (Read 58815 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 01:19:30 »

People can say what they like but the TEF is at its best when people just want to talk football...

No bollocks, no trolling for reactions - just plain old football.

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 01:41:39 »

Wow look at what ive missed. Taken me the best part of half hour to read, now im off to bed. Good stuff the TEF still has it.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 01:45:26 »

Suggs is old news, heard he is drinking 6 litres of White Ace daily nowadays.

Nah I normally move onto the Jagerbombs around 4 litres.

The even more depressing truth is that I now work Friday evenings.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 01:48:19 »

Jeremy, in light of your predecessors thread, what is your opinion on  the slags of chipping norton? I hope yo understand this is of upmost importance to enable us to directly compare the two boards

Things get better but they never get good
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 01:58:38 »

A night spent playing away (well rugby union at the Harlequins) and I miss a first for the TEF, surely.

After all the speculation and hearsay stated as fact (80% bollocks after all), it has been fantastic to have Jeremy Wray's first hand account of the Black era. 

AB was incredibly generous for a non football man and let his wallet do the talking.  It is the financial state of the club that AB took over that needs comparison with the financial state in which he left it that is the most meaningful marker of AB's tenure - not the  cost-free, "no change" between league positions snipes of the AB detractors.

There can be no point regretting now the tantalisingly close promotion ultimately and so typically missed.  I loved the most apt "nearly club" description given by an earlier TEF-er, so very true.

On a personal level, I am really sorry that Jeremy Wray's friendship with AB seems to have been a casualty of this adventure.

Not sure how much weight to give JWs claims to be a STFC fan (surely it's a pretty skin-deep type of support if we're not your first club, Jeremy?) but, if a fan, then surely JW's experience (including admitted mistakes) and enthusiasm could make a huge difference to the Trust?

Credit to the TEF - and tonight especially JW (and elsewhere Steve Murrell) for making this a pretty special TEF night
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 08:25:01 »

Which players do you think were the biggest duds?

Lukas Magera, Ibrahim Atiku, Alberto Comazzi, Lander Gabilondo, Mattia Lanzano, Etienne Esajas?..

For what it's worth, Gabilondo looked alright sometimes!...

Forgot about some of the player from that season already!...Ronan Murray, Liam Ridehalgh, Cristian Montano, Ahmed Abdulla....can never forget Alassandro Cibocchi though.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #201 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 08:29:55 »

Jeremy, in light of your predecessors thread, what is your opinion on  the slags of chipping norton? I hope yo understand this is of upmost importance to enable us to directly compare the two boards

"Successor's", it's "successor's"!   Smiley
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 10:41:25 »

Lukas Magera, Ibrahim Atiku, Alberto Comazzi, Lander Gabilondo, Mattia Lanzano, Etienne Esajas?..

For what it's worth, Gabilondo looked alright sometimes!...

I thought Gabi was alright too! I think Lanzano is the worst on that list purely because unlike the others he cost us points that season.

And god bless Cibocchi...
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 10:42:14 »

I thought Gabi was alright too! I think Lanzano is the worst on that list purely because unlike the others he cost us points that season.

Gabi came with a lot of energy, he almost reminds me a bit of Luke Rooney..

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 12:10:27 »

Agree that Gabi had something. Unfortunately it was mostly endless stepovers.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 12:12:57 »

I will always remember him for his assist at the Slave Traders in the cup.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #206 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 12:52:42 »

All I can add is thanks Jezza for the insight, I doubt any other club would have an ex chairman come onto their fans forum JUST to put a few things straight about their own tenure at a club.

Thank you.

Disappointed I read this a bit late but have been arranging the mother in laws funeral in Edinburgh all week so a bit time consuming to say the least.

Please pop back time to time when you feel the need to express your views as they will always be welcomed even if not agreed with by some.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 12:58:19 »

All I can add is thanks Jezza for the insight, I doubt any other club would have an ex chairman come onto their fans forum JUST to put a few things straight about their own tenure at a club.

Thank you.

Disappointed I read this a bit late but have been arranging the mother in laws funeral in Edinburgh all week so a bit time consuming to say the least.

Please pop back time to time when you feel the need to express your views as they will always be welcomed even if not agreed with by some.

Certainly has been a great insight.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 13:17:44 »

My best memory was when he came on for the last 15 mins against Oxford at home.  He caused all sorts of problems for their defence and nearly saved us the embarrassment of yet another defeat.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 13:18:44 »

Sorry to hear your news JJ  Sad
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: