Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HEY DAZZZZZZZZA!!!!!!!!  (Read 4480 times)
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 00:41:49 »

Quote from: "Oxford fan"
the bends and ok computer are 2 of the best albums ever.

This is true.
Amir

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 00:50:25 »

I've never listened to it that much, no.  If the general sound of their music isn't morose though, then I'm a squirrel.  

The writers of Father Ted obviously thought it was depressing mind.  They're in my gang.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 00:51:51 »

Quote from: "Amir Khan"
I've never listened to it that much, no.
thank you.
Amir

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 01:02:08 »

Quote from: "oxford_fan"
Quote from: "Amir Khan"
I've never listened to it that much, no.
thank you.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martin.wilkinson3/smilies/limpwrist.gif  

Wink
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 01:17:27 »

Ive seen Radiohead play In Oxford around the time that Creep came out the first time and frankly there are 2 bands that I hate in this world ,one are The Manic Street Preachers and the other are Radiohead.Both take themselves way to seriously.its all to easy to hit them with the whole depressing thing I remember how that used to annoy me when people said that about the Smiths.My problem with these bands is they have travelled so far up their own arses,have believed so much of their own hype that they believe thay can do no wrong.They beleive they are genius when clearly they are no better than the average pap stadium rock that that has been dished out over the years.Simple Minds? U2?

/
W56196272
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 01:24:15 »

agree that they're very pretentious and their album artwork proves that, but i couldn't care less to be honest, they still make fucking fantastic music and i couldn't care who they are or what they think about themselves.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 01:27:04 »

Give it a year you'll hate them as well  Shocked

/
W56196272
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 07:10:55 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Ive seen Radiohead play In Oxford around the time that Creep came out the first time and frankly there are 2 bands that I hate in this world ,one are The Manic Street Preachers and the other are Radiohead.Both take themselves way to seriously.its all to easy to hit them with the whole depressing thing I remember how that used to annoy me when people said that about the Smiths.My problem with these bands is they have travelled so far up their own arses,have believed so much of their own hype that they believe thay can do no wrong.They beleive they are genius when clearly they are no better than the average pap stadium rock that that has been dished out over the years.Simple Minds? U2?

The Manics aren't so bad, it's their fans who are cunts. I really went off them when I went to see them live.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 11:07:48 »

I saw Simple Minds in '86 at Milton Keynes Bowl and they absolutley rocked - Pretty decent support bands as well particularly The Cult and The Waterboys.  Also, an Irish band called In Tua Nua who faded into obscurity as far as I know. Red hot mid-summer's day - Marvellous Tongue

(Red hot summer's day wern't one of the support acts BTW!)

Sadly, The Bangles were the other support act sick

I saw Simple Minds again at Cardiff Arms Park in '89 and they were right up their own Jacksie's and were consequently rubbish.

New Gold Dream and Sparkle In The Rain are classic 80's albums IMO.
spacey

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 11:22:35 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
I wll do my feeble best to get things going.

Here goes.

In 2004 I've been going through a very retrospective period musically (Buffalo Springfield, Neil Young, Crosby Stills and Nash) and I've loved that.

In 2005 however, I'm going to get a lot more contemporary.

What do you young dudes recommend?Huh?Huh?

If I had to recommend you one album it would be Chips from the chocolate fireball by The dukes of stratosphear

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/d/dukes-of-stratosphear/chips-from-the-chocolate-fireball.shtml
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 12:14:47 »

Aren't the D of S basically XTC....
spacey

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 12:24:49 »

It's XTC doing a psychedelic 60s sound
Dazzza

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 22:54:03 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"

Sadly, The Bangles were the other support act sick

Tell you what that guitarist can still make me walk (or something similar sounding) like an Egyptian.

http://www.thebangles.com/ivergence/Image/sue2.jpg

Definately better with age

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: