Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton v Swindon matchday thread  (Read 22373 times)
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 23:22:01 »

Thank god we signed Austin, although not for the reasons we originally thought. There was us thinking he’d help with a promotion charge when in reality he should provide enough quality to keep us out of the relegation fight. Let’s face it, this lot would capitulate under that sort of pressure.
I love him. But is it possible that his wages have led to the sale of other vital players?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 00:17:03 »

Not even angry, from about 60 onwards you could see it coming (1 goal anyway, maybe not 2 😂). First half was good. Positive, quick football. Khan returning made a massive difference and not having that heedless bottle job weasel Darcy in the middle. FBT and Iandolo had good games I thought. Jephcott ran hard. New signing looked very tidy for a debut chucked in deep end.Give Austin the ball in the box and shock- he scores!
Caved in at the end.Weak mentality.Weak squad. Too many kids. Need older heads to see out game, none of this bollocks about oh he’s had one or two seasons  in football he’s experienced- no. I mean men, blokes, late 20s/early 30s  that will go to war and Shithouse a way to a win and get the younger players through the tough moments.  Carbon copy from Sutton for their second half performance from last season. They chucked everything at us. Difference was we had experience at the back in Baudry to see the game out.

Diabolical transfer window from Sandro. Like Austin said- when he came, we had experienced players to see out games and a shoulder to lean on, now we don’t. Got the likes of the puppets at the OSC who think it’s okay to censor the topic of Sandro, and there’s people on here that like to deflect, but now the club captains saying it, it tells you all you need to know. Go against Austin if you feel different…..I bet my bottom dollar Jody Morris feels the same way as Austin, the rest of the squad, and all of us.

Solid  turnout from the fans, good to see Grant get a great reception in second half also, one of the worst grounds I’ve ever been too.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 00:32:29 »

“When I came to the club we had experience and I had players to lean on. We are now in a very different position” - Charlie Austin. Says it all. Something at this club is not right at all, this is Power-esque
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 00:59:00 »

I'm starting to think differently about it all now. The football side setup stinks. Why is a coach/manager not assembling a squad? I don't get it at all. We can all see what the problem is, I am beginning to become disillusioned again  Sad
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 02:42:17 »

Lindsey has to take a lot of the blame. Whether Sandra foists players on him or not he stated he preferred small, technical players. Well, we’ve got loads of them and this is the result.

It’s ridiculous heaping this on Morris. How does he pick a more robust squad when he’s stuck with the players he’s got. We’ve got to stick with him even if this season is a write off.

We’re  fast becoming a laughing stock.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 04:28:39 »

I reckon Morris has been sold a pup. Time will tell i guess.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 04:38:47 by tans » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 04:40:06 »

“When I came to the club we had experience and I had players to lean on. We are now in a very different position” - Charlie Austin. Says it all. Something at this club is not right at all, this is Power-esque

This is absolute madness. When the captain is saying stuff like this you know you are up shit creek.
He wont be here by summer, and to be honest who could blame him.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 05:40:49 »

I am half expecting Sandros' spreadsheets to identify Taylor Curran as the free agent to shore up our defence

I come from a land down-under
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 06:09:36 »

On reflection, having been at the match and watched the highlights back, we did okay for large parts of the game. Brynn possibly a bit unlucky with the first and the second one snuck in where I would have thought he might be able to keep it out. There were lots of loose passes throughout but a few spells of fast, attacking one or two touch football in the first half. Nice goal and assist from Austin and Ellis respectively. New lad seemed to do okay. FBT very good (at least from what I could see when he was down our end in the first half). Wakeling looked up for it and probably unlucky not to be on the scoresheet with a couple of efforts across goal which tested the keeper. Both of those should ideally have had someone lurking to seek the tap in. The manner of the capitulation at the end was unpleasant and perhaps highlights a lack of experienced heads who can see games out with calmness and a dash of the dark arts. Depressing sign of the times that we are playing at grounds like that. It serves as a reminder of our current standings in the football pyramid. Football is a meritocracy however and we have no god given right to be at a higher level and I feel we have seen precious little this season that shows we deserve to be anywhere else. Some credit must be given to Sutton who turned around a deficit quickly and offered a threat. I believe that was the first time we have not beaten them.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 06:43:09 »

Not defending Sandro but I read that quote as meaning when he came to the club under Wilson 🤷‍♀️
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 06:51:00 »

Not defending Sandro but I read that quote as meaning when he came to the club under Wilson 🤷‍♀️
I heard it live and didn't see it that way, but, on reflection, it is what he could have meant, or were well chosen words to infer with a get-out if challenged.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 06:56:02 »

It’s very contextual because it could mean either but if he was on about now wouldn’t he have used the prefix ‘when I came back to the club’ rather than ‘when I came to the club’

You could just as easily argue it the other way I suppose and say if he meant his original spell he’d have said ‘when I first joined the club’
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 07:17:52 »

That's my season over
Pissed off like the rest of us,  but you’ll still be there next home game.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 07:26:35 »

I heard it live and didn't see it that way, but, on reflection, it is what he could have meant, or were well chosen words to infer with a get-out if challenged.
The context was about the current playing staff being young and inexperienced. I thought it was quite clear that he was saying that when he joined the club as a young inexperienced player, he had older heads around him to help him. That isn’t the case for the current crop as there are fewer experienced players in the squad.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 07:34:25 »

Took a wrong turn & ended up in the home end which was fine.
Good backing from the away end throughout.

Overall much better than Saturday.
Successful teams always have a strong spine.
That means both strength, experience & nous which is obviously lacking in midfield & central defence.

Not in favour of recruitment being the sole responsibility of one individual be it the manager or the technical director.
Hopefully in the summer all of the interested parties will be on the same page.

ST renewals might take a hit.
That's fine. People will always turn up to watch a winning team.

Big opportunity missed to ride that wave of initial goodwill & build some momentum on the pitch.

Oh well, aim now is to ensure safety with the hope that some foundations can be laid for next season.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: