Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey gone  (Read 62496 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 12:48:33 »

https://twitter.com/Official_STFC/status/1613162190852456448

I'm sure it's totally sincere but this sort of thing really does look like a piss take.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 12:56:11 »

The more I noodle on this, the more I think Garner would have been a much better fit as the clubs Technical Director.  I know he wouldn't have taken it because he is still going through that period of pride, where a Manager's success is seen as greater than that of a TD.  However, he just feels like the type of person who would produce something given 5-7 years and the right investment behind him that he could direct.  He knows how an Academy should run, he had good coaching skills, give him the right support to develop the recruitment team needed, the training grounds, the targets on future revenue from player stats and overall responsibility for getting the right tactical team in place to run the first team. To me, that is a bigger job than a Manager and could work longer term.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 12:56:46 »

“They leave us in a healthy position in the League Two table and have helped develop a squad of young players capable of competing with the very best sides in this division.”

Sandro needs firing on the spot if he genuinely believes this

Things get better but they never get good
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 12:58:13 »

“They leave us in a healthy position in the League Two table and have helped develop a squad of young players capable of competing with the very best sides in this division.”

Sandro needs firing on the spot if he genuinely believes this

Which was my point about him worrying me.  We should be the very best team in this division (in the group at least), not trying to hang on to their coat tails.  The current league position is healthy if you are not us.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 12:58:47 »

To be fair we've just beaten Northampton and we drew with Orient earlier in the season. I think the squad is quite close to being able to compete at the top, we're just a good manager and a few players short.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 12:59:37 »

squad is quite close to being able to compete at the top,

But we should be one of those clubs, not trying to be.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:01:06 »

Should we? Do we have the highest playing budget?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:06:31 »

Glad the statement has finally been made!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:09:54 »

Should we? Do we have the highest playing budget?

Maybe not the top, but we should be in the top 4 or 5 given the revenue we generate from attendances.  I sincerely hope we have not become a club who has expectations of being outside that group at this level.  Any season without promotion from Div 4 is a failure for our club - history tends to support that statement.  Last season was an exception given what went before.  If we were to finish outside the top 7, that would be abject, no?

Bradford maybe equal us on fair and square revenue earned (they get higher season ticket sales but they have much lower prices).
Salford/Crawley likely boost their coffers through various schemes to compete at the top

Who else?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:12:40 by RobertT » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:10:25 »

To be fair we've just beaten Northampton and we drew with Orient earlier in the season. I think the squad is quite close to being able to compete at the top, we're just a good manager and a few players short.

We just seem to lose to the bottom half of the table  Doh
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:17:19 »

Maybe not the top, but we should be in the top 4 or 5 given the revenue we generate from attendances.  I sincerely hope we have not become a club who has expectations of being outside that group at this level.  Any season without promotion from Div 4 is a failure for our club - history tends to support that statement.  Last season was an exception given what went before.  If we were to finish outside the top 7, that would be abject, no?

Bradford maybe equal us on fair and square revenue earned (they get higher season ticket sales but they have much lower prices).
Salford/Crawley likely boost their coffers through various schemes to compete at the top

Who else?

I know historically we've been above where we are right now and my expectations are that we will be promoted this season, and if not, it's failure from Clem and the board. The appointment of Lindsey and our recruitment so far this season has cost us for sure. That's why I say we're a good manager and a few players away from being right up there.

Here's hoping.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:20:41 »

Who else?

Thing is in this day and age how much do attendances count towards overall budgets, money talks and in the main it comes as much from owners than fans. We need to get over this obsession with crowds making us 'big', for instance the year they went down Notts County averaged higher crowds than we did, but they weren't too 'big' to go down.

Its a different board game in many ways but look at the PL, Newcastle would consider themselves a big club but until they got an owner prepared to spunk cash about they were mid table at best, the manager is a big help to them (and would be to us also) but money talks and that 90% dependent on owners splashing it.

We just seem to lose to the bottom half of the table  Doh

Been like that for years, my old man not been since the 80's, but started in the 40's and accordingly to him losing to who we should beat and vice versa has always been the Swindon way.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:23:32 by horlock07 » Logged
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:21:37 »

I have to say that's a very classy statement, I don't think I'd have been able to resist reproducing a few quotes about owing the club something before leaving after five months.

But 99% of us our glad he's gone, it seems. So we've had it off being paid money for that. SL is now irrelevant.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:22:32 »

I know historically we've been above where we are right now and my expectations are that we will be promoted this season, and if not, it's failure from Clem and the board. The appointment of Lindsey and our recruitment so far this season has cost us for sure. That's why I say we're a good manager and a few players away from being right up there.

Here's hoping.

Has anyone ever done any analysis of where our natural level is, bar the late 80's and some of the 90's at best we are a tier 3 (with the occasional flirt with tier 2 and drop into tier 4) club, nothing more or less.
DMC

« Reply #614 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 13:26:52 »

Who else?
TBF we are just 1 point off that 4/5 you mention and as much as i think the blokes a clown i think those words he mentioned are being read into a bit too deeply which is what happens when the club say fuckall for 5 days. In essence he is right, we have competed with the best teams for 90 minutes but it's time we improved and and competed over the season now
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: