Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey gone  (Read 62490 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 10:27:42 »

That's just it nothing confirmed just speculation.

I'd think the rumours would have been pooh-pooh'd by formal or informal channels by now if it wasn't happening.

Garner took an age to confirm too. Suspect there is some sort of compensation dialogue ongoing, or he's read his Crawley contract and is querying his player box entries only count if singing Living in a Box by Living in a Box bonus clause
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #106 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 10:30:10 »

I'd think the rumours would have been pooh-pooh'd by formal or informal channels by now if it wasn't happening.

Garner took an age to confirm too. Suspect there is some sort of compensation dialogue ongoing, or he's read his Crawley contract and is querying his player box entries only count if singing Living in a Box by Living in a Box bonus clause
Absolutely.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 10:32:33 »

Woke up this morning, closed in at all sides...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 10:34:54 »

Nothing doing,
I feel resistance, as I open my eyes...
DMC

« Reply #109 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 10:42:25 »

Like the Garner deal, i imagine they are sorting compensation. Mental.........Compensation
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 10:44:56 »

Breaking news from the club Twitter!

... There's a special offer on Carabao energy drink.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #111 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 11:09:17 »

Like the Garner deal, i imagine they are sorting compensation. Mental.........Compensation
Thats football, a rule unto itself, football contracts are very different to real world employment contracts.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 11:11:38 »

heres a completely different thought, what if it was Garner and Lindsey going to crawley! the thought of compensation for a manager the vast majority wanted rid of is absolutely fantastic.

a manager by next week please and make grimsby game a real feature
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 11:12:27 »

Out of interest where did the love for Lindsey come from? Did I read recently his kids watch in the townend or something? Does he have a connection to Swindon?

I don't dislike him and was desperate as with all town managers for him to succeed. A lot of reaction is like he's everyone's best mate and not sure what I'm missing.
He's been involved with the club for a number of years (on and off) including work with the youths, if you missed that part
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 11:22:31 »

He's been involved with the club for a number of years (on and off) including work with the youths, if you missed that part

thanks, i didn't know that. assumed he was just part of garners management team and then left behind.

He was appointed as the under 18s manager at Swindon Town in the summer of 2014.[15] In June 2016 though he left Swindon to take on the role of assistant manager at Forest Green Rovers.[

just found this on wiki. i had looked at his page previously but it didnt come under management positions and didn't read the article.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 11:32:46 »

thanks, i didn't know that. assumed he was just part of garners management team and then left behind.

just found this on wiki. i had looked at his page previously but it didnt come under management positions and didn't read the article.

I think a degree of the sentiment comes from the way him and his family seem to have rather adopted the club with his daughters watch8ing from the Town End etc, I noticed that a Director at Grow who sponsor us in some way noted on Twitter

'A genuine guy who wanted the best for the club. I remember him telling us that the club gave him a second chance in football following the loss of his wife and he wanted the best for the club. Good luck to him in the future.'
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 11:41:37 »

I wanted it to work with SL, and it was becoming increasingly obvious for some time that he was suffering with the stress which would have been very unhealthy, and that he was out of his depth. The same happened to me in my career (Not football management but production management) 2 years ago, sometimes, you need the harsh reality of truth to see things differently. What this new opportunity brings for him, I wish him all the best.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 12:28:28 »

Good to read more background on SL above.  More of a Swindonian than I'd appreciated.  Always thoroughly likeable and furthermore often talked a good game and oversaw some positive performances.

Given he had been a number 2 and was written off by a rump of fans early doors, he can leave with his head held high.

However, early indications are that the Crawley fans (forum) are sniffily underwhelmed and all whilst struggling to make out their new(ish) owners.  It'll be a tough assignment but, like nearly all here, I have to wish him every success there and with his footballing future.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 12:32:49 »

If clem/SDM/angus  were competent they’d be maintaining a shortlist of potential managers, so recruitment shouldn’t take too long as targets will be readily identified

Sadly, I don’t believe they are competent. Think this might be us for a few weeks yet

Things get better but they never get good
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 12:43:54 »

Was thinking along the same lines as Bogus Dave.

Hoping that the club has a succession management protocol in place but having a feeling that this could drag on a la Garner leaving in the summer.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: