Pages: 1 ... 700 701 702 [703] 704 705 706 ... 867   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1277805 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10530 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 15:18:04 »

The wealthy Scandinavian consortium trying to purchase Shrewsbury have exited negotiations. Maybe they realised they were after the wrong STFC

The Trust should be contacting them and giving them nice directions and a guide on how to use the magic roundabout.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10531 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 15:22:53 »

‘Using the club for services that don’t benefit the club.’

Maybe he’s trying to get rid of Austin.

Tried to make him Vice Chair. The infamous deleted tweet reads to me like Clem has maybe made the case to the trust he isn't one of the crooks and he wants rid of them, but it just doesn't wash. Huge grin on his face next to Adam Hart last home game too.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10532 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 15:24:18 »

Someone on our Whatsapp group was in the club shop earlier and mentioned that it was very cold inside. He was told the heating doesn't work, which is ironic given the owner and CEO are from a plumbing background.

Arkells bogs are a stage too, which is ironic considering stadium bogs is about all Axis UK have ever done.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10533 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 15:30:48 »

Tried to make him Vice Chair. The infamous deleted tweet reads to me like Clem has maybe made the case to the trust he isn't one of the crooks and he wants rid of them, but it just doesn't wash. Huge grin on his face next to Adam Hart last home game too.
Perhaps he has Clem on strings
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10534 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 15:33:22 »

Perhaps he has Clem on strings

You never can tell, but the way he speaks of Austin doesn't really give that impression. Maybe its a front.

I reckon more likely to be the Dolph/Randford types.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10535 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 15:39:14 »

I'm struggling to understand, other than it provides a cover story, why Clem and Hall seem to have got their knickers in a twist over the leasing of some space.  Granted it may not be on the best terms, but it's not like the club makes full use of it's facilities and extracts maximum value from every other square foot it has access to.  Same as the Merc, Power may well have stitched them up by leaving it in Switzerland, but it was never going to be just forgiven if the club were the legal leaseholder.  Why waste time and effort - make a settlement offer, see how the react and then pay up.  Fucking move on.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #10536 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 16:37:46 »

I have now finally listened/watched all 3 interviews, i haven't seen the Adver one but i am sure it is the same info but in print form.  My take:

The Club interview was a PR stunt, and a bad one at that, edited together to make sure that Clems 5 or 6 key points that he wanted to get across did, and were repeated frequently - so put that one to one side.

The 2 worth listening to are the SM one and BBC, for 2 different reasons.  In the SM LSPOD he mentioned that he was first in the queue and suggested this was a good thing, i actually disagree with that. (Obviously Sam is on here so he can respond if he feels the need) I actually think as far as interviews go, the BBC one was better because Clem was in grumpy mode by then, and Andrew Hawes was able to get under his skin remarkably easilty but in the usual professional, almost polite manner in which Andrew always conducts his interviews, but he did ask the more taxing questions and did follow up when the question was avoided, albeit Clem sometimes just repeating what he said first time around.  

I would have liked to have heard Sam interviewing Clem in grumpy mode, as i believe that a few more techy responses to Sam may have lead to him being a bit more agressive with follow ups and without any BBC policies hanging over his head.  Sam did mention once or twice in his LSPOD piece that there were a few topics that maybe he should have raised, and i also keep in mind that although we know Sam from previous, he is the new kid on the block in STFC journalism terms, so maybe timing of this wasn't ideal for him.

Having said that, although i thought that the BBC interview was the better one due to topics of question and the grumpiness, i got more out of the SM/LSPOD portion of the content.  I know that it is probably not possible for Andrew Hawes to do this type of thing because of the BBC, but hearing some of the context around the interview and Sam's thoughts on the current situation, and comparing the goings on with previous regimes was great to hear, and I am hoping that once he is back into the swing of things properly that we will see some real investigative journalism back in town that we probably haven't seen since he was last around.  This is no disprespect to Andrew and Joe from the Adver, but they are working under strict policies and financial governence that means that there is only so much they can do.  

The likes of Ryan Whelan and The Lower Leagie look have been tweeting over the course of this week stating that the information about the goings on at the club is out there, and if they can find it then others can find it - my hope that one of the group will now get stuck in and find out what these people are alluding to in their tweets and start to expose the details more, but not in an ITK way that those guys do.

A few more things i think need mentioning from the interviews.  When Sam mentioned nafarious individuals, Clem started off by saying that there aren't any, and then without prompting went on to mention Zav Austin and how much loyalty he has towards him - i think this on it's own tells you that Clem knows exactly what Zav is and has zero intention of making him leave the group that is controlling the club, so if that one is on your wishlist for Clem Bouncebackability, then it ain't gonna happen.

Also at the end of the BBC interview, Andrew ended it with handing over the platform to Clem so that he could articulate and convince the frustrated fanbase as to why they should stick around.  He came up with, we are working really hard x2, we apologise and get behind Gav and the team, that was it..  your chance to sell the club and promote your vision for the future to get people back on side, and that was it.

I know that was a lot of guff to read, and most probably didn't want to read it or give a crap about my thoughts, but there you go, feel free to put me on ignore  Cheesy

« Last Edit: Friday, January 19, 2024, 16:41:06 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10537 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 16:39:43 »

Good post Berniman

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #10538 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 16:46:00 »

Oh, and one more point (sorry).  Clem obviously thnks that attending Advisory board meetings with the Trust and OSC is engaging with the fans..  Also, he is obviously oblivious to the real angst of the fanbase at the moment, and thinks it is all about league position, when the reality is that this is only a small slice of the problem pie.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #10539 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 16:58:43 »

Erm...someone said Sandro back overseeing recruitment...I hope not!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10540 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 17:09:52 »

Sado Masochism
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10541 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 17:54:50 »

Erm...someone said Sandro back overseeing recruitment...I hope not!

Surely not.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10542 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 17:56:31 »

fuck off!

you sure that wasn't a joke because the window has been wank again
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10543 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 18:02:37 »

Language  Cheesy

So, give no fucks
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #10544 on: Friday, January 19, 2024, 18:03:49 »

Course he isn't

One thing i did take from the interview with Andrew Hawes that i thought was interesting, no one else seems to have picked up on it though was he said he has been in touch with his lawyers and they are TRYING to buy the shares back. Makes me wonder whether the fact Kieley does not seem to be around as much now indicate someone is changing their mind about handing shares back
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 702 [703] 704 705 706 ... 867   Go Up
Print
Jump to: