Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friendlies  (Read 159181 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 06:44:06 »

Quite enjoyed that, thought we looked decent and both goals were our own doing.

Robert looked excellent on the ball and the pick of the trialists, hope we sign him as he would fit in very well

let's hope he is more consistent than his brother, very good when he could be bothered, waste of a shirt when not

I come from a land down-under
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 07:09:52 »

I'm sure I'm being thick here but anyway - who was the Williams at centre back? Was it one of the Liverpool lads? I'm getting crap at remembering names...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 07:26:18 »

Yeah he is CB/midfielder. likes to be called Jordan
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 07:51:45 »

OK Mr Power of triallists on show sign up Robert, big Centre Half Unit and maybe Brophy at left back then open your wallet for decent keeper, Capable Centre Half with League 1 know how and then either buy or more likely sort out loans for midfielder with bit of creativity (Kent from Liverpool) and possibly young hungry forward.(Everton or Villa boys who scored would do)
Despite Standing connection ditch Barry, and Jebb who is identikit of Rodgers

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 07:53:13 »

Yeah he is CB/midfielder. likes to be called Jordan
Yes of course - the F1 team - cheers!
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 08:01:01 »

Excuse my ignorance with regard to the players but I didn't hear the team sheet nor did I bother to take a look due to there being trialists.

Basically I thought our two CB's were very good. Read balls well and had some pace too them to catch villas fast running front line. The only worry is the black lad didn't like using his left foot.

Another stand out player (apart from no 4) was the small black lad in the middle of the park. Got stuck in everywhere and played some nice simple balls. Impressed.

And our front line. Obika was sharp and strong as usual. As for Smith. Shocking. Didn't look interested at all and has a touch of a rapist.

So basically we need a new keeper. Couple of strikers and a CB for cover.

CMT82

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 09:00:54 »

Free entry at Fairford Town tonight v Swindon Town U18s. Kick-off 7.45pm...

Free parking, bar open from 6pm. Sat Nav: GL7 4AX

More info here: http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/fairfordtown/news/free-entry-tonight-for-swindon-friendly-1454234.html
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 09:26:01 »

I know it was only a friendly etc but heres a couple of comments from the Villa forum about us.

To be fair to Swindon, they look very good considering they've lost two very good players in Gladwin and Luongo. If they play like this every week in the league, they'll go up. We need to do better in the centre of midfield, we're keeping possession fairly well but tend to be second best when competing for loose balls but I'd put that down to fitness more than anything and the fact that Swindon probably have an extra week's worth of fitness

Swindon look so much more composed on the ball than us

We're a Premier League side (apparently), why do we look so panicky? This is Swindon ffs.

That's because Swindon are set up to pressure with intensity.

Fair play to Swindon, they pressed hard and played the ball on the floor.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 10:23:45 »

Excuse my ignorance with regard to the players but I didn't hear the team sheet nor did I bother to take a look due to there being trialists.

Basically I thought our two CB's were very good. Read balls well and had some pace too them to catch villas fast running front line. The only worry is the black lad didn't like using his left foot.

Another stand out player (apart from no 4) was the small black lad in the middle of the park. Got stuck in everywhere and played some nice simple balls. Impressed.

And our front line. Obika was sharp and strong as usual. As for Smith. Shocking. Didn't look interested at all and has a touch of a rapist.

So basically we need a new keeper. Couple of strikers and a CB for cover.
The mysterious CB is Diakite - sign him up
The midfielder is Traore - he has signed. Very impressive.

Concur re Smith.

Got to love Obika. Great feet, works his bollocks off and deserves to be first on the team sheet every week.

Hylton, although not doing a great deal, has some really good control and movement. I like him.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 10:30:12 »

Obika and Hylton look good but I can't see them both getting 20 goals each.

Smith was woeful, hes either brilliant or terrible, but the last few times I have seen him hes been very poor.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 10:46:32 »

Gonna be a lot of disappointed town and liverpool fans apparently. Adver sport twitter saying Liverpool Echo are saying that ut will be a weak Liverpool team coming for the friendly.

FWIW im going, but it'll be a nice excues to have a sunday in the boozer
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 10:50:24 »

Gonna be a lot of disappointed town and liverpool fans apparently. Adver sport twitter saying Liverpool Echo are saying that ut will be a weak Liverpool team coming for the friendly.

Think this audience is mainly plastic Scousers, so fuck them.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 10:55:13 »

The thought of sitting in a home stand surrounded by Liverpool polo shirts was enough for me to not go.

A Liverpool XI side would have interested me more than the first team anyway... But that's just me.
Flashheart

« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 10:56:26 »

I find myself in agreement with Reg.
Panda Paws

« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 11:02:45 »

Hilarious. They're in Finland the day before. Anyone who thought otherwise clearly deserves to sit in a sea of plastic Scousers not knowing who half the players are.

I'm with Constanza - chance for Ryan Kent's CG debut at least.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: