Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friendlies  (Read 159181 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 20:48:04 »

Who is he, I seem to have totally missed anything about him?

Gareth Barry's nephew.
Gareth Barry's agent and friend in Michael Standing, coincidenatlly.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 20:48:06 »

I didn't see the first goal, but second half our defence looked good.....until Barry and Branco came on (and Branco didn't do much wrong).

I'm more worried about the amount of chances we make and the lack of bite up front. We looked very good on the ball - stroking it around nicely, but nobody looked like scoring a goal.
The first goal was poor defending....Branco looked ok when he came on but didn't excel, unlike Kasim who looked excellent again.

We are not creating enough good chances and when we do we just arent taking them, but we are indeed passing the ball well if a little too much short passing when a more direct pass would be a better option (not "get it forward" but a more incisive pass at times is needed).

It still bothers me that we we try to play out of defence with too many touches in dangerous positions when a hoof into touch would be better, we got away with that a couple of times today when it could easily have been punished.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 20:50:43 »

So Diakate and Fabien Robert looking good and a decent last 25 from the left wing back James Brophy are positives and there may be more.

Both keepers by contrast showed hesitancy and Belford was very lucky his own hesitation on a cross didn't lead to a goal

A little toothless up front too but would like to see Obika get a break his hard work deserves and then go on a little scoring run as it's looking a bit predictable in the final third.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 20:55:43 »

Gareth Barry's nephew.
Gareth Barry's agent and friend in Michael Standing, coincidenatlly.
Doesn't Gary Barry own the club anyway? Cheesy

Has this lad played anywhere previously oh and does he have a first name?

Sorry too many questions..
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 20:58:37 »

We're not looking totally fucking dreadful are we.  Thats what I was fearing.

Never knowingly overstated.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 20:59:08 »

First name is Barry (probably) and Brighton I believe
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 21:00:18 »

First name is Barry (probably) and Brighton I believe
Smiley

Bradley apparently
http://www.flicwiltshire.com/STFC/Town-running-the-rule-over-Gareth-Barrys-nephew-.aspx
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 21:05:04 »

Quite enjoyed that, thought we looked decent and both goals were our own doing.

Robert looked excellent on the ball and the pick of the trialists, hope we sign him as he would fit in very well
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 21:05:10 »

Pah his parents had no imagination
Skinny Pete

« Reply #339 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 21:11:42 »

Surprised nobody has mentioned Traore - our stand out player first half I reckon.

Robert, if signed, is going to be one of those players who will thrill and annoy in equal measure.

He is just the kind to try something fancy in the opponents half, lose possession and put us under pressure. Pretty much like Byrne in the Blades 5-5.

The 2 Liverpool lads look real good and I did like Diakite - got those telescopic legs for making last ditch tackles.

All in all a game to ease the fears
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 21:21:18 »

That diakate guy from the youtube vid had legs that reminded me of Jon Gittens
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 21:21:21 »

From a Villa supporting mate... Sounds like he's got us figured out quickly enough:

Got a couple of decent young players at Swindon Nemo, impressed with you going forward. Not so much at the back but i understand you had a trialist at centre back. Keeper was very poor, kept playing silly balls to the defenders and playing them in trouble
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 21:26:02 »

From a Villa supporting mate... Sounds like he's got us figured out quickly enough:

Got a couple of decent young players at Swindon Nemo, impressed with you going forward. Not so much at the back but i understand you had a trialist at centre back. Keeper was very poor, kept playing silly balls to the defenders and playing them in trouble

Not really it was the same after March this year really. Stevie Wonder would have twigged.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 21:32:41 »

Agbonlahor did a decent impression of Akinfenwa - looked very overweight.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 06:05:35 »

Quite enjoyed that, thought we looked decent and both goals were our own doing.

Robert looked excellent on the ball and the pick of the trialists, hope we sign him as he would fit in very well

And if he signs, we get to sing "Fabien! Fabien Robert! Everyone knows his name!"  to the "Rupert the Bear" song...
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: