Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another non transfer rumours with maybe a rumour  (Read 4269 times)
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:28:05 »

Cowley BS as per

Have we signed someone or is it being announced today?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:29:21 »

So it's 4.40pm What are you being told now Riddick?
The Edwards mentions on here go from hot to cold. No smoke without fire.

I've had no updated news on this. I was told this by a reasonably reliable source.

I was there on Sat and saw Godwin-Malife and was told everything had been sorted so that one i was really expecting to be done. I have no insight to the Lavinier complication though.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:29:35 »

My (probably wrong) reading of the situation is that our budget has been affected by a number of (unforseen) factors.

* 'Tarting' up the CG to get the safety certificate. I think this was in the region of 200k?
* Pitch relay/work. From the bits and pieces shared on Twitter when it was being done there were quite a lot of things they were finding broken. (sprinklers etc) No idea how much relaying a pitch costs but it ain't cheap I imagine, even before having to fix other stuff pitch related.
* Compensation of management staff - Sandro, Morris and Brand. Other staff members compensation costs (a reasonable amount of staff movements have happened, not sure if mutual or done via redundancy)

These are probably the main ones and whilst there is also the saving of the rent (was it 500k?) You would think that the above costs would probably be more than the saving?

And the bits and bobs you have mentioned is the money that fans don’t see being spent, so they just assume it’s not there.
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:30:55 »

My (probably wrong) reading of the situation is that our budget has been affected by a number of (unforseen) factors.

* 'Tarting' up the CG to get the safety certificate. I think this was in the region of 200k?
* Pitch relay/work. From the bits and pieces shared on Twitter when it was being done there were quite a lot of things they were finding broken. (sprinklers etc) No idea how much relaying a pitch costs but it ain't cheap I imagine, even before having to fix other stuff pitch related.
* Compensation of management staff - Sandro, Morris and Brand. Other staff members compensation costs (a reasonable amount of staff movements have happened, not sure if mutual or done via redundancy)

These are probably the main ones and whilst there is also the saving of the rent (was it 500k?) You would think that the above costs would probably be more than the saving?

Wasn't it quoted somewhere that Morris and Brand were gone before they hit a specific time frame, meaning it was a termination before a triggered clause?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:32:58 »

The rent saving was closer to 50k than it was to 500k mind.

I have no doubt the unexpected costs of running a football club have hit the pocket hard - hence my reasoning we were trying to run tight now as we probably burned more than Clem had hoped to by now.  That said, anyone expecting to run a football club at this level and not have to burn about a million every year is a little deluded, even if that can be done creatively (like using Axis as a loan provider or sponsor).  That is how much short we are of the top 7 budgets (based on reviewing a bunch of accounts - and within those, a million is sometimes a good year).
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:34:14 »

How can they keep getting so close to signing a player only for it to fall apart at the last moment. Surely by then all parties know what’s being offered.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:35:42 »

How can they keep getting so close to signing a player only for it to fall apart at the last moment. Surely by then all parties know what’s being offered.

Thats why i'm really interested in what gets said this evening.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:35:58 »

Cowley BS as per

Believe what you like...its a forum its up to you..

Bury your head in the sand and keep believing every is rosy....that's your perogative..

Me, as a fan since 1970 I'm worried about the future

We simply cannot afford another Power situation ....

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:36:51 »

Wasn't it quoted somewhere that Morris and Brand were gone before they hit a specific time frame, meaning it was a termination before a triggered clause?

There very well could have been something like that. Alternatively given their frankly pathetic performance, we might have been able to get rid of them for way less than market value given they can't have hit many targets (like Adeloye - arf)

The rent saving was closer to 50k than it was to 500k mind.

I have no doubt the unexpected costs of running a football club have hit the pocket hard - hence my reasoning we were trying to run tight now as we probably burned more than Clem had hoped to by now.  That said, anyone expecting to run a football club at this level and not have to burn about a million every year is a little deluded, even if that can be done creatively (like using Axis as a loan provider or sponsor).  That is how much short we are of the top 7 budgets (based on reviewing a bunch of accounts - and within those, a million is sometimes a good year).

No idea where I got 500k from, must be wishful thinking on my part!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:38:24 »

15 minutes till 5. Any chance we get some good fucking news at 5pm for once rather than just more tumbleweed?
DMC

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:38:50 »

Bury your head in the sand and keep believing every is rosy....that's your perogative..

I think we are fortunate that we have a few people at the club that will not allow that and have invested their own money to make sure that is not happening. It isnot perfect and they probably feel like they are pissing in the wind at times and when fans are calling them all sorts i would imagine it;s easier to say fuck this i am off you can owe me the money
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:41:11 »

Edwards is done.

I also remember this one on Edwards. it's all quite bizarre. Of course, not bizarre at all if they announce it.

Thanks for the reply Riddick.

fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:42:29 »

If you expanded on what you keep hinting at then people might find your posts easier to believe.

At the moment, all we get is cryptic ITK stuff with no substance.

If the information is too sensitive to put out there, stop hinting at it and winding people up for no gain.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:55:44 »

I think we are fortunate that we have a few people at the club that will not allow that and have invested their own money to make sure that is not happening. It isnot perfect and they probably feel like they are pissing in the wind at times and when fans are calling them all sorts i would imagine it;s easier to say fuck this i am off you can owe me the money

Who is that other than Clem?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:56:13 »

15 minutes till 5. Any chance we get some good fucking news at 5pm for once rather than just more tumbleweed?

Nah. More radio silence.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: