Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I’ve absolutely no idea what Team will turn up! ‘Wovers’ v the mighty STFC  (Read 28397 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 20:58:04 »

Having an experienced keeper that is competent has made a hell of a difference!

Very calm and brave in coming to claim balls, exactly what we need at the moment with such an inexperienced defence

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 20:59:07 »

Superb...credit to the players and management team for that. Bar a dominant Rovers period just after half time we were worth the win.

I look forward to the usual suspects try to wriggle their way out of giving the manager some credit 
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:00:18 »

A Grant in defence seems to have a positive impact as well

Massive, and Iandolo is a revelation - should be MOTM tonight, but Payne probably robbed him with that strike.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:00:41 »

Payne mom for me. Put in a proper shift. Back 3 all very sound. No doubt Campos seems to have bred confidence. Pitman played a big part up there and Garrick changed the game. Also big shout to Caddis who never wavered

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:00:48 »

Very calm and brave in coming to claim balls, exactly what we need at the moment with such an inexperienced defence
I’d add arrogance to that as well, he struts around like its nothing. He has that presence that proper keepers need.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:01:37 »

Superb result.
Poor game but managed that.
Gas are woeful.

Great keeping though  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:02:20 »

Most organised I’ve seen us since Sheridan has come in, all credit to him. Payne Iandolo A Grant and Odimayo superb.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:02:34 »

As much as I think this manager is clueless, Iandolo might owe him an extended professional career at CB if he carries on like he has in the last 2 games.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:03:22 »

I’d add arrogance to that as well, he struts around like its nothing. He has that presence that proper keepers need.

Agreed

Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:03:41 »

Fuck me sideways - what a turnaround we're seeing. Trying not to get ahead of myself but 2 clean sheets and 2 wins on the bounce after 5 straight losses? Can't expect anything better than that!

The difference in the defence since Camp arrived, Conroy and Broadbent got shipped out. Is Lee Camp the difference or the fact 2 centre backs couldn't defend for toffee?

After tonight's performance, no one can say Sheridan has lost the dressing room. The lads have worked their socks off tonight!

Starting to make me think about come end of the season, who do we want to keep and who do we want to wish bon voyage?

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:04:26 »

Lee ‘can’t dive’ Camp.... I do love our fans at times  Cheesy

Who was the last ‘keeper we signed who started with back to back clean sheets? I know Foderingam did...
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:04:56 »

Massive, and Iandolo is a revelation - should be MOTM tonight, but Payne probably robbed him with that strike.

I thought Iandolo did ok - some great last ditch stuff and distribution is obviously a strong point, but on at least two occasions he showed his (completely understandable) lack of experience at CB, nodding one down straight into the path of the striker inside the box - a full backs header! If Ayungta had scored in the 2nd half, which he should have, we’d be criticising the header...

All in all though, a vital 3 points with some real positives I thought - Camp and Anthony Grant (who I’m sure will see his career out as a centre back) especially.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #402 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:05:09 »

Odimayo or Ian Dolo Mom for me. J Grant should be nowhere near the first team. Put him in the bomb squad. I am in a minority re Payne I suspect; he frustrates the hell out of me. Runs around aimlessly half the time. But.... great desire and great finish tonight. Fair play
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:06:24 »

Odimayo was pretty shit tonight tbh. Bar the dribble out of defence and the tackle at the end. He was being talked through the game by both Camp and Grant.

But it is about the 1,947th iteration of a Town defence.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:08:54 »

I look forward to the usual suspects try to wriggle their way out of giving the manager some credit 

Lee ‘can’t dive’ Camp.... I do love our fans at times  Cheesy

FFS.  Give it a rest, will you.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: