Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Centre half  (Read 10901 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 21:27:58 »

i'm going to disagree with you as i thought poxford passed the ball better than us. We lumped it forward to Clarke and had good set plays but apart from that not alot at all really for a team at home.
for all that training they've had i felt we were a bit behind oxford to be honest. It was all to comfortable for them in the second half.
At times maybe, but Gabilondo tore two successive right backs to shreds when he came on, Clarke should have scored one chance and was wrongly given offside for another, their keeper made a good save from Ritchie... they didn't have it easy at all

As for the passing... there was a lot of long ball, but we did make much more of an attempt to bring it out from the back, and we did stretch the play to the wings more, with caddis bombing forward and Ferry looking to move the ball about more than any of the other CMs has done so far this year

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 21:33:38 »

ferry was shit,and i've already said Gabi did more in 15 than rikki otto did in 75.
They did have it easy as they sat back and were pretty untroubled second half. Routine save from Ritchie(easily our best midfielder)but granted Clarke should have scored
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 21:35:06 »

Agree about Ferry,he looks half the player we got when he signed.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 21:46:42 »

Di Canio has made a lot of mistakes so far in my opinion. Bit of a risk having 3 CBs but I guess he is planning on bringing one in on loan. Having said that he hasn't really done Devera's confidence much good in my opinion. Dropping him from the squad one game and then starting him the next. I guess he had no choice but to me that isn't going to help the lads confidence at all and it goes back to the point of not having enough CBs. Putting Caddis to CB against Dagenham was an error as well. I'm not claiming Risser can be a good CB but surely it's worth a go much more so than Caddis. It's clear that we have plenty of cover for CM so why not? It was the obvious choice in that game.

On the striker front why oh why does he persist with De Vita? He's done nothing. Start Connell who's looked lively every time he has come on. I dont get it. Tactically we haven't really seen much of him yet but the set piece defending isn't great. Sure that can be sorted but hopefully sooner rather than later. He needs to start playing a settled side. I feel that way we can start to come together more as a team.

Totally agree with this.  Some of his decisions have been strange and we can only hope it's naievity and he's learning from them?   The policy of starting a player then dropping them out of the squad completelye and then restarting them is no good for player or team morale.  The Timlin situation is not good either - is he still training even?

Unfortunately with players out injured, I don't think we'll see Di Canio's first choice  11 for a while, so in the meantime he needs to decide on his makeshift 11 and try and get some consistency.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 21:56:09 »

Caddis looked a decent player - good runs. He was wearing 7 but playing RB, is he naturally a midfielder?

De Vita was utter shite and Connell looked much more dangerous.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #65 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 22:00:30 »

Caddis looked a decent player - good runs. He was wearing 7 but playing RB, is he naturally a midfielder?

Agree on all counts. I don't think even Caddis knows whether he's a defender or midfielder. I prefer him in midfield as we have a perfectly good right back in Kevin Amankwaah but he's done a Milan Misun.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 22:01:53 »

What it shows me is that if a player is poor he will drop them,we have the squad now so unlike last season we have players to step in now...Lando,Kerouche looked hungry.
Timlin is piss poor Joe and is lucky to be here....he has had four years to get his act together and i can count on one hand his good games,you can't diss the manager.
As for Connell looking lively?...think i might have missed something there as i think De Vita is a better player myself at the present time.
His decisions will not seem so strange when we get the results.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 22:04:47 »

I don't think caddis's delivery is good enough to be a winger

Things get better but they never get good
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 22:05:29 »

Agree with all of that... and we've been saying the same about De Vita and Connell for the past 3 games. Can't see De Vita starting against City.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 22:14:17 »

Timlin is piss poor

No, he isnt.

It seems our defence lacks a leader - just like last season. Comazzi was suppose to the be the answer to this but he's injured. Hopefully he does the job - if he cant, then thats still the piece of the puzzle we are missing.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 09:00:19 »

Can't see De Vita starting against City.

been saying that for three games as well! his run needs to come to an end, he offers very little.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 09:32:33 »

Has everyone forgotten Comazzi exists?

I'm pretty sure he'll come in for Devera once fit.
Yeah but everyone knows a squad needs 4 CB's. Not 3.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 10:27:28 »

been saying that for three games as well! his run needs to come to an end, he offers very little.
I think a few of us have. But having been taken off at half time yesterday, I don't see how Di Canio could choose to start him.
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 15:58:07 »

Where is Milan Misun?
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 15:58:58 »

Who knows?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: