Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pericard  (Read 13074 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 16:33:11 »

Danny Wilson, we're coming for you nigga
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 23:08:35 »

Big vince got stick for lack of effort, but alot of the time he would have been chasing lost causes.In his defence he was often isolated up top. When you are alone up front you can't chase every ball as you'd be fucked after a while. Alot of those booing couldn't see that due to their cluelessness about the game. That said, that doesn't excuse his dire touch and woeful finishing.

Spot on.

Vince was a decent bloke though and the abuse affected him massively. He was never gonna be a success after that
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 00:51:50 »

Big vince got stick for lack of effort, but alot of the time he would have been chasing lost causes.In his defence he was often isolated up top. When you are alone up front you can't chase every ball as you'd be fucked after a while. Alot of those booing couldn't see that due to their cluelessness about the game. That said, that doesn't excuse his dire touch and woeful finishing.

If a professional footballeer can't chase the ball/lost causes/everything for 90 minutes then he isn't fit enough.

Dossevi was equally as shit and isolated but he managed to run.
Spud

« Reply #78 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 06:01:10 »

Just a shame that he always ran offside.
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 08:06:35 »

My worst hands on head moment for Dossevi was away at Bournemouth, through on goal only keeper to beat, goal at his mercy.....straight at Jalal.

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 10:16:21 »

If a professional footballeer can't chase the ball/lost causes/everything for 90 minutes then he isn't fit enough.

What is the point of charging about upfront alone when the opposition defence have the ball? they will just hit square balls across the back line meaning the chasing forward wont get near the ball. It's wasted running. Because we were shit and the rest of Pericards game was poor it grated fans more as it made him look lazy. You appear to be one of those fans.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 5, 2011, 10:20:34 by arriba » Logged
jb

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 10:24:04 »

Exactly. Danny even said he didn't want him chasing lost causes.
Parkin09

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 10:29:09 »

Vince was quite blatently not shit the game against Southampton proved that, he was absolutely blinding, plus he scored the winner against Rovers so he's always got that.

He wasn't helped by the incessant shit he got from a selection of morons, players thrive on confidence, booing a centre forward who was quite obviously trying isn't going to help, he did more than that f'ing prick Prutton did all season, I think we should have kept him on, Paolo would have got him fitter than ever and he would have banged them in, it's ironic he's just the sort of player we need right now (according to pretty much everyone) I just really hope he goes to a different division as he would need no motivating to play against us and prove everyone wrong.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 14:57:14 »

Don't understand why we are spending so much time debating this. Fact of the matter is that he won't be playing for the Town again and is therefore no longer of interest.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 15:37:04 »

Don't understand why we are spending so much time debating this. Fact of the matter is that he won't be playing for the Town again and is therefore no longer of interest.

Agreed, and I hope we haven't signed anymore lazy cunts so a section of our fans can make excuses for them with their rose tinted glasses on.

There's a big difference between not always chasing lost causes which very few strikers(and usually the shit ones) do (Dossevi, etc.) and not running about at all, hardly challenging for 50/50, headers, etc. I feel quite confident that shit won't fly under Paolo however and they'll be out the door before we start this discussion.
Barry Scott

« Reply #85 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 16:49:20 »

We should have offered Paynter a contract earlier and I'm still not sure why we didn't keep Greer....
woolster

« Reply #86 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 16:51:15 »

We should have offered Paynter a contract earlier and I'm still not sure why we didn't keep Greer....
Grin
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 18:19:33 »

What is the point of charging about upfront alone when the opposition defence have the ball?

To put their defence under pressure, to force them to play it. Maybe even to force a mistake and win possession.

If they just end up playing square balls across the back line, so what - they arent going to score for there.

Defend from the front.

it's ironic he's just the sort of player we need right now (according to pretty much everyone)

No, he fucking isnt - and no one has said otherwise.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #88 on: Friday, August 5, 2011, 20:09:29 »

I'm sure if PdC thought he could be the answer he'd have kept him on or let him train with the Town. He was fucking useless and I can't see this changing regardless of who he played for.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: