Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Marlon King  (Read 17308 times)
lambourn red

« on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 10:28:38 »

Purely hypothetical question but how would we all feel if our club were to offer this guy a contract ?

I personally would not want him anywhere near our club even though we could do with a striker, some people deserve a second chance but this guy has had 8 previous offences and is a registered sex offender which is not someone I would want my kids looking up to or having their name on the back of a shirt. Discuss.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 10:31:10 »

Aidy Boothroyd has said he's prepared to help him when he's out at Coventry.

I agree i wouldn't want him here, much in the same way as Lee Hughes. He commited a crime and was convicted and sentenced for it. In any other job, a criminal record would hold you back, and potentially thwart your chances of getting that job. Why should he be able to walk straight back into a significantly well-paid job, just because he's "done his time"?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 10:32:44 »

Are we interested in him then?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 10:35:39 »

Aidy Boothroyd has said he's prepared to help him when he's out at Coventry.

I agree i wouldn't want him here, much in the same way as Lee Hughes. He commited a crime and was convicted and sentenced for it. In any other job, a criminal record would hold you back, and potentially thwart your chances of getting that job. Why should he be able to walk straight back into a significantly well-paid job, just because he's "done his time"?
And it still will hold him back in getting those jobs it just happens that it won't in football. Couldn't give a fuck what he does to be honest but when you see on other forums and the papers wanting to ban him from football it's a joke.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 10:45:01 »

Marlon King has several convictions and has never learnt his lesson. He's likely to get himself into trouble again and cause problems for the team he plays for and potentially discredit them.

Hughes has served his time and his conviction doesn't affect his ability to do his job.

It's the employers' decision anyway.

Besides, Pericard went to jail and nobody seems to give a shit about that.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 10:52:19 »

So, he committed a crime, was sentenced and served his time but he's not allowed to get a job then?? The bloke's clearly a talented footballer, an industry that happens to be well paid. I'd rather he was out earning than being sat at home having everything paid for by us taxpayers, wouldn't you?

If he hasn't learnt his lesson he'll go back to the slammer but surely if he's changed his ways he deserves to go back to work, right??

I'm not saying I particularly agree or disagree with you btw, just trying to look at things with more of an open mind.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 11:03:26 »

Marlon King has several convictions and has never learnt his lesson. He's likely to get himself into trouble again and cause problems for the team he plays for and potentially discredit them.
Spot on. He's a scrote, he'll always be a scrote, don't want to see him here.
Besides, Pericard went to jail and nobody seems to give a shit about that.
Bit of a difference in the offences though, Si. Pericard was very stupid, King is a serial scumbag
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 11:15:41 »

I can see Si's point.

I'm not trying to defend him at all, but people don't like King because his wrong doings were overly publicised by the media.

There are other "serial scumbags" still playing the game but without any media publicity or criminal convictions, that don't get treated the same way as King purely because their wrong doings aren't public knowledge.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 11:18:36 »

What has he done?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 11:24:35 »

King beat up a woman, he sounds a right cunt.

Not much chance of him coming here after Vincent & Williams release for similar, less serious offences.

Anyone saying he should be banned from football is deluded though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 11:24:44 »

What has he done?

Groped then punched a women and broke her nose. For which he did 9 months out of 18.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/6461686/Footballer-Marlon-King-jailed-for-groping-woman-and-breaking-her-nose.html

But it was no isolated incident. As the article states.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club. Even if you subscribe to the "he's done his time the slate is clean" line (I don't) you have to admit the chances of disruption somewhere down the line are high.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 11:28:03 »

Even if you subscribe to the "he's done his time the slate is clean" line (I don't) you have to admit the chances of disruption somewhere down the line are high.

I dont think anyone is rerally saying his slate is clean, its just that you cant stop him from working in football. Eventually someone is going to give him a contract. It may have been a more isolated incident but what Lee Hughes did was much, much worse.
richt1976

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 11:32:45 »

and is a registered sex offender....

Does that mean he cant hold the mascots hand when they walk out onto the pitch?! Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 11:35:27 »

I dont think anyone is rerally saying his slate is clean, its just that you cant stop him from working in football. Eventually someone is going to give him a contract. It may have been a more isolated incident but what Lee Hughes did was much, much worse.

I don't disagree. I just wouldn't want him at my club.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, July 29, 2010, 11:49:21 »

I listened to the interview with his agent on talksport this morning Marlon needs to find a job i agree however if we are stating we are a family club do we want him at Swindon you can not compare crimes ie Lee Hughes however King has been covicted on 9 occassions
I would say no and i do not think AF would take the risk
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: