Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: childhood hero?  (Read 10154 times)
sonic youth

« on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:06:19 »

who was your hero when you watched the town as a kid?

i think my first "favourite player" was jan the man...which isn't surprising. strangely i don't remember him leaving though, i'm not sure why as i'm sure i must have been aware of it.

digby was always a favourite of mine, my cat is living testament to that.

i didn't follow town between about 98 and 01 but decent players were few and far between in that period.

since then, i think parkin has been the only player that i would have worshipped were i still a wee 'un.

i want to know reg's childhood hero Cool
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:10:16 »

Shaun Taylor

I absolutely idolised him and still feel angry that he was sold off to Bristol City by McMahon!

Last year I found a picture of Taylor in my collection and sent it to Forest Green Rovers in the hope he'd sign it.

Needless to say he sent it back, signed with a quality lengthy message at the back!

Legend.

players other than S.T I liked were Fraser Digby, Alan McLoughlin, Nestor Lorenzo, Colin Calderwood and Nicky Summerbee.
fatbury

« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:12:40 »

going to show my age now -- used to be Garry Nelson -- and then when he left Dave Bamber
sonic youth

« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:13:33 »

ahhh, buzzer! he was a favourite of mine as well. i was given a matchworn shirt of his from the premiership which i regularly wore to primary school Cool
Rich Pullen

« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:15:05 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
ahhh, buzzer! he was a favourite of mine as well. i was given a matchworn shirt of his from the premiership which i regularly wore to primary school Cool

He was amazing... His return last season for one game was amazing.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:35:04 »

Charlie Henry

Leigh Barnard

Jimmy Quinn
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:35:36 »

Colin Calderwood and Digby, Duncan Shearer before he left us for promotion rivals.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:38:04 »

:? I was'nt really a kid when I first started watching Swindon. It was in 2000 and I was 11 so it was the era of grazioli/invincible/sol davis/o halloran/duke etc.
At first I thought graz and Danny were incredible I used to think they were great. Then when they left I liked dukey for a bit......but when Sam Parkin joined us he was in a league above all those players to be fair.He was my hero and still is Oops Which really does not need much explaining because all town fans know what he was like!An absolute legend,a quality player and a genuinely nice bloke who stayed loyal to this club for a long time and loved the fans.He scored some screamers and I used to look forward to watching him every week Cheesy I was so gutted when he went.

1.Sam Parkin
2.Invincible
3.Graz

RED ARMY
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:38:05 »

Dave Mitchell. Especially as he got me free tickets for my first ever town game. Other than him, Calderwood, Digby and Horlock

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:43:15 »

Peter Coyne from my few matches attended in the mid late 80's.

Then when I started going week in week out in the early 90's it was Colin Calderwood.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:46:08 »

John Moncur and his popped collar was a popular figure too.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:46:19 »

Fraser Fraser Digby....when I was 6, when I started to go to games I started off thinking his name was Frigby Daser. It's not your everyday name is it.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:47:15 »

Fraser Digby
Rich Pullen

« Reply #13 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:48:02 »

Quote from: "The Moonraker"
Fraser Fraser Digby....when I was 6, when I started to go to games I started off thinking his name was Frigby Daser. It's not your everyday name is it.

I used to pronounce his name Frassa.
mattyswinboy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, November 13, 2006, 15:58:17 »

kevin horlock was my hero flippin quality my first memory of him was when he scored against southampton in the cup 5th rd 95/96 season

img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa222/mattyswinboy/collage1.jpg[/img]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: