Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Di Canio in Swindon manager talks  (Read 40411 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:33:33 »

They do indeed. But Di Canio's done this three or four times on camera, more off camera. Hardly heat of the moment. Look, I can kind of understand the "Don't give a fuck, only care about the football" approach. Fair enough. But the man's a self-declared life-long fascist, for fuck's sake, who salutes neo-Nazi hooligans and refers to them as his comrades. Don't lets try and dress it up. And as for the line that Mussolini's Italian fascists (you know, the ones who passed anti-Jewish racist laws and shipped Italian Jews off to German death camps) were "nice fascists" some are trying to peddle.... give me strength.
This is football, not an election.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:34:10 »

Is Di Canio a convicted anything then? Poor comparison Si expect better from you.

It's not a comparison though. What's a previous conviction got to do with football?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:35:19 »

I am honestly indifferent about the whole thing. In my mind the appointment of Di Canio would be great for the club in terms of bringing back some excitement and reinvigorating people's waning interest. But I do also buy into the argument that he's not necessarily the right man in the long term.

However, I fail to see how Di Canio's fascist ideologies will create a "media circus" around the club like some have claimed. No doubt some press will pick up on Di Canio's fascist roots and will report on it but my opinion is that any media hype will be because of Di Canio's stature in football relative to STFC's current status.

I get it, Paul and Sonic are very much against the idea, but I think you'll be heavily outnumbered by people who either don't know about Di Canio's fascism or just don't care.
Coca Fola

« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:37:39 »

It's not a comparison though. What's a previous conviction got to do with football?
Rix - criminal
Di Canio - not a criminal
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:38:19 »

I am honestly indifferent about the whole thing. In my mind the appointment of Di Canio would be great for the club in terms of bringing back some excitement and reinvigorating people's waning interest. But I do also buy into the argument that he's not necessarily the right man in the long term.

However, I fail to see how Di Canio's fascist ideologies will create a "media circus" around the club like some have claimed. No doubt some press will pick up on Di Canio's fascist roots and will report on it but my opinion is that any media hype will be because of Di Canio's stature in football relative to STFC's current status.

I get it, Paul and Sonic are very much against the idea, but I think you'll be heavily outnumbered by people who either don't know about Di Canio's fascism or just don't care.

Good post. Agree with it all.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:38:21 »

Maybe Di Canio could install some fascist-style discipline in the team. Just don't expect JFL to hang around for long.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:39:04 »

Oh, I think we will. Absolutely. But his public stance does, whether we like it or not, reflect on the club, any club, that chooses to employ him in a position of authority. As I said earlier, I suspect a lot of people would be arguing on a different side if it was an al Qaeda supporter we were talking about
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:39:22 »

Wait a minute.

Have Mussolini and/or Churchill applied?

Enough with the history lessons from all sides... I just want a manager in who will release the chaffe and re-build this club.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:39:45 »

Rix - criminal
Di Canio - not a criminal

But what's it got to do with football?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:40:31 »

They do indeed. But Di Canio's done this three or four times on camera, more off camera. Hardly heat of the moment. Look, I can kind of understand the "Don't give a fuck, only care about the football" approach. Fair enough. But the man's a self-declared life-long fascist, for fuck's sake, who salutes neo-Nazi hooligans and refers to them as his comrades. Don't lets try and dress it up. And as for the line that Mussolini's Italian fascists (you know, the ones who passed anti-Jewish racist laws and shipped Italian Jews off to German death camps) were "nice fascists" some are trying to peddle.... give me strength.

I would never defend anyone who openly agreed with the murder of people on the basis of their race, but Di Canio's never said anything like that, has he?

In fact, apart from stupidly saluting the Lazio Ultras a few times and admitting he admired (in part) Mussolini, he's done fuck all.

Or are we to believe that anyone with far right views is a card carrying nazi, who wanks over Hitler, and anyone who has far left views thinks Stalin was a sound bloke?

It's All Good..............
Coca Fola

« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:41:02 »

But what's it got to do with football?
Swindon have a youth team, and robinettes.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:41:32 »

If he scares the Robinettes off then that's a positive.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:41:56 »

Ok maybe i misunderstood why you were asking if he would be happy for rix a convicted criminal to apply
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:43:08 »

Paul

Just the other day you applauded a TEF member on their decision to stand for the UKIP, which to my understanding, is a far right group. A toned down version of the BNP, if you will.

So who is drawing the lines of acceptance here?
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 19:43:15 »

Oh, I think we will. Absolutely. But his public stance does, whether we like it or not, reflect on the club, any club, that chooses to employ him in a position of authority. As I said earlier, I suspect a lot of people would be arguing on a different side if it was an al Qaeda supporter we were talking about

In what way can you compare Di Canio's political beliefs with terrorists? I find that absurd.

We will go down a very dangerous route if we stop employing managers because of their political stance.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: